Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork

Posted By: pchapin

Lake Fork - 05/20/21 12:37 AM

What is the fishing pressure like there now days? Weekdays and weekends. I have someone who told me it hardly gets pressure anymore.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by pchapin
What is the fishing pressure like there now days? Weekdays and weekends. I have someone who told me it hardly gets pressure anymore.

He lied.

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Smurfs

He lied.

I have not been in twenty years and it was packed. It is a five hour drive for me and it would suck to get there and wait in line to fish a spot.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Smurfs

He lied.

I have not been in twenty years and it was packed. It is a five hour drive for me and it would suck to get there and wait in line to fish a spot.

You’ll wait.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:03 AM

Use the search function. roflmao

bolt
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:17 AM

Clearly that “someone” has not been to Fork in a loooooog time!
Posted By: GSKEETER

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:26 AM

i don't have current info .i have taken many trips to fork on memorial day weekend and 4th of july . pressure low usually .think maybe more local folks have other things to do.

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Use the search function. roflmao

bolt

I did and there was nothing about fishing pressure of how crowded the lake gets. Unless maybe the subject was something like " I am so sick"
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 03:02 AM

It’s the most pressured lake in Texas. Maybe Big Sam gets more.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 03:12 AM

I'm sorry.. But asking if the most popular bass lake in Texas is pressured is just funny.... lmao. Rayburn is just as bad. Every inch of every bank gets busted 24 hours a day

Never a dull moment at Rayburn with the countless times I've been
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:27 PM

If you want to fish Fork with very little pressure just go in the Fall. Even the guides abandon the lake for the lesser know East Texas lakes then. The down side to Fall fishing on Fork is unless you are Patrick Walters catching an actual bass is near impossible. But you can pretty much get on any spot you want to fish.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
The down side to Fall fishing on Fork is unless you are Patrick Walters catching an actual bass is near impossible.

hmmm

Fall is the best time for numbers out there in my opinion.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
The down side to Fall fishing on Fork is unless you are Patrick Walters catching an actual bass is near impossible.

hmmm

I really couldn't disagree more. Last time I had what I considered consistently good fall fishing out there was in 2017, but that was all fishing grass in areas that are completely bare now. Last few years the fall fishing there has been brutal. It's not just Fork though. The opens and delayed Elite events last year showed that fall fishing is generally tough all across the South in the fall. I'm not proclaiming the Lake dead or anything like that. There's just nothing to group those fish up in the fall without the grass. They just scatter and become hard to pattern. Not gonna lie, I will attempt the ol jerkbait in the timber this fall though. I'm sure I won't be alone in that.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 08:55 PM

Tx just for the heck of it go back in the club page and check out what the Lake Fork Anglers were catching in October and November in 2020. I personally had a great fall.
Caught my personal best weight on a 5 and a 8 fish in one tournament. And it was in the grass. You just need to know where to find it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

hmmm

Same here.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lake Fork - 05/20/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
I'm sorry.. But asking if the most popular bass lake in Texas is pressured is just funny.... lmao. Rayburn is just as bad. Every inch of every bank gets busted 24 hours a day

Never a dull moment at Rayburn with the countless times I've been

A couple of years ago I would've told you to get off the bank and it is a lot better....... but now it is only marginally better. A lot more pot lickers out there now with 360 and live sonar after the deeper fish.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Fork - 05/21/21 12:20 AM

Just because someone sucks on a certain lake at a certain time of year doesn’t necessarily mean that lake sucks. I like fall on fork.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake Fork - 05/21/21 02:27 AM

Fall on Fork is good.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake Fork - 05/22/21 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Fall on Fork is good.

thumb
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lake Fork - 05/23/21 01:15 PM

I live close enough to it that I usually drive by it once a month or so and I fish it; not a lot, but I put time in on it. I used to fish it regularly in the 80's and 90's and I found back then Wednesday and Thursday were the best times to fish it. No crowds because almost everybody is at work and this is the furthest point from the previous weekend's fishing pressure. I worked shift work then so it worked out for me.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Lake Fork - 05/24/21 01:15 AM

Depends on time of year, time of day and day of week. You'd be surprised how little pressure it gets most of the "time". From my place Lake Fork Lodge, I can see miles of lake including two different boat lanes. I am also located at the busiest intersection on the lake, 515 and 17, so I see highway traffic too.

Here are some of my observations over the past 28 years here in no particular order.

1) Sunday afternoons and early in the week, there are VERY few boats on the water.

2) The heaviest traffic on the lake is between 10 am and 4 pm. Early and late, there is no one fishing. Even on weekends during the best months. My son and I joke because we get Lake Fork to ourselves during primetime any day of the week.

3) Most of our customers spend about 4-5 hours a day on the water. Even during tournaments. The rest of the day is spend jacking with their boat and tackle.

4) Most fishermen are not putting any pressure on the fish other than, running their big motor all the way into their "spot" and making too much noise while fishing.

5) Guys put too much weight on the next great lure or technique rather than the fundamentals of fish behavior and applying that on the water.

6) Highway traffic does not translate into pressure on the fish.

7) Some guys can catch'em and some guys just can't.

Just some of my observations and opinions.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Lake Fork - 05/24/21 02:07 AM

There's the perfect description and extremely sound advice
Posted By: Texasbassguide

Re: Lake Fork - 05/24/21 02:52 AM

Man its stays busy you will definitely will be sharing water 90% of the time. This year hasn't been to bad and most guys are playing nice lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum