Texas Fishing Forum

Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday......

Posted By: Okie Poke

Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/19/21 08:38 PM

And man was I impressed! Took rough water very well. Very open single console, wide boat. It was a 721 and fished like an aircraft carrier, but a fast one. Very solid and secure feeling boat. Seems to sit close to water but also seemed like there's no way to get wet from spray. Excellent storage, too. I'll be looking long and hard for the right mfg for me on my next boat purchase. Thanks for the day, Jason! thumb

Posted By: hopalong

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/19/21 09:51 PM

I have fished out of 921s a few times, great boats and ride is excellent.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/19/21 10:06 PM

I had a 721 for 7 years, loved it, got stupid and sold it for a center console. Less then a year later I am back in a Phoenix, bought an 819 this time.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/19/21 11:24 PM

I fished outa my old partner's 919 a bunch, very fast and well designed. Very comfortable to fish out of. You do have to drive it cause it walked all over the place.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/19/21 11:33 PM

I like them. I just wish the could change the dash but a 721 is a good fast rough water boat.
Posted By: Porter Dude

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/20/21 12:41 AM

If was a fun afternoon Okie!
Took a bit, a few fish made it even better!
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/20/21 03:19 AM

Love Phoenix... Definitely up there in my top 3 bass boats.

Bullet
Legend
Phoenix
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/20/21 05:04 AM

I run a 21PHX, it was between that and a Bass Cat. They were both pretty evenly matched but I'm 6'5 and the Phoenix had a more comfortable driving experience for me.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/20/21 01:09 PM

Phoenix would be high on my list if I were looking
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/20/21 01:50 PM

To me the 721 is not a very stable boat and I didn't like how it tiderd back in forth running down the lake.
Now The 21 PHX is big and fast and very stable boat.
The 921 Elite has a faster hull then the PHX but has the same top.

Phoenix makes a great boat
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/23/21 12:25 PM

I fished an ABA on Palestine earlier this month as a non boater and fished out of a PHX19. It had been storming and the wind was really strong that day, The lake was whipped into a frenzy and that boat performed flawlessly. Kept us safe and dry and not to beat up. We were doing run and gun bed fishing that day and covered a lot of water. We may have clocked 50 miles of running or better, most of it on rough water. It had a 225 SHO on the back and the fuel usage was a lot less than I thought it would be as well.
Posted By: Texasbassguide

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 05/24/21 03:28 AM

Great boats all around and they stand behind them from my experience,,ran the 721 for a year while in-between boats and wouldn't think twice about having one in my garage.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 06/01/21 02:17 AM

I will add in my comments as well. So I am 46 years old and my dad raised me in a "Flippin Arkansas" boat. I have never owned any other brand that was not made in Flippin Arkansas. I personally owned 8 of them. They fish fantastic!!! Until recently, I was not aware of how their ride left quite a bit to be desired. They are good, but not great. After lots and lots of research, last Summer I ordered a new 921 Elite Phoenix with a Merc 250 ProXs. I picked it it the first of October and I will have to admit, I am blown away. The ride of a Phoenix is unbelievable. It's hard to describe. It needs to be experienced. I was always used to the rock hard, solid ride of my Flippin boats. My Phoenix lands so soft, it never jars me, it stays dry, it rides great even quartering them. It is easy to keep the nose up and just drive it. I was always white knuckled with my Flippin boats trying to avoid spearing one.

I recently fished a tournament with a close friend of mine on lake Tawakoni. It was gassing 30-35 mph out of the South that day. When I told him I wanted to "run North" that day, he said "are you f--ing crazy"!!! I told him "relax, we will be fine". We took our time, made it up there fine and when we got where I wanted to start, he said "wow this boat rides good". We fished the entire tournament day up North. As we make our way back for the weigh in, the wind had gotten worse and the waves even bigger. I just held her nose up, let her eat and we made it in fine. We never speared one or even took a hard hit. When we got back, he said " I CANNOT BELIEVE WE JUST MADE IT BACK IN ALL THAT AND AREN'T SWAMPED. THIS BOAT RIDES AWESOME"!!!!. And I might note, this guy runs a Flippin boat too. I am extremely pleased with my boat and will not hesitate to buy another one when that time comes.
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 06/01/21 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Duke 22
I run a 21PHX, it was between that and a Bass Cat. They were both pretty evenly matched but I'm 6'5 and the Phoenix had a more comfortable driving experience for me.

Now you have me wondering about the Bass Cat since I am 6'5" as well and currently fishing out of a Cajun where I have to sit in the middle in order to drive the boat comfortably.
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Rode in a Phoenix for the first time yesterday...... - 06/01/21 02:45 PM

I pick up my 921 Elite this week.. so excited....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum