Texas Fishing Forum

Nacogdoches help!

Posted By: dk2429

Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 03:34 PM

So next week my buddy and I will be coming from Houston to Nacogdoches to fish all the lakes around there.. 6 days. Nacogdoches, Naconiche, Pinkston. Got us an Airbnb up there

Is this gonna be worth our time and money after the rain this week? I’ve never been to any of the lakes so I’m not sure how they play out after a rain like this. I just don’t wanna get up there and they be all high and muddy and nasty.

According to Airbnb host it’s supposed to be back to sunshine on Friday and we won’t be going until next Wednesday so I’m kinda hoping that will give them time to re cooperate before we come into town.

Idk, just wanted to ask y’all. This is just my luck, and always is.

Worth the drive and time from Houston next week? Thanks
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 03:46 PM

Pinkston's ramps might be something to avoid after these rains (it'll also rain some next Tuesday and Wednesday, but nothing like this week)

I'd still go to the other two. It won't rain much at all this Saturday, then no rain until a little bit on Tuesday/Wednesday. I think you'll be fine at the other two.

The overcast conditions/very light rain Wednesday might even provide a really good fishing day.

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Pinkston's ramps might be something to avoid after these rains (it'll also rain some next Tuesday and Wednesday, but nothing like this week)

I'd still go to the other two. It won't rain much at all this Saturday, then no rain until a little bit on Tuesday/Wednesday. I think you'll be fine at the other two.

The overcast conditions/very light rain Wednesday might even provide a really good fishing day.

That’s the other thing I was kinda worried about is the so called ramps at Pinkston. That’s the lake I’m most looking forward to so if the ramps aren’t useable then I might have to do Pinkston another day
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 04:34 PM

They'll all be a mudhole after this. Already are. Nac got about 4" just last night.

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
They'll all be a mudhole after this. Already are. Nac got about 4" just last night.

That’s what I was told. 4”

So basically... Go but don’t expect much, or just cancel and try again later is where I’m at

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 09:47 PM

Well we’re rolling and just gonna tough it out. I’m just kinda concerned about getting to Pinkston! I’ll check it out the day we get there with only the truck and see how the road looks
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 10:28 PM

Why not? I'd love to do that. Heck, with all of this rain, I would like to get ONE day of fishing in!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

That’s what I was told. 4”

So basically... Go but don’t expect much, or just cancel and try again later is where I’m at

My rain gauge in Nacogdoches (at work) only had 2" in it.

One of my customers lives just off 225 near Lake Nacogdoches and he only had yesterday and last night as well.

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/19/21 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Why not? I'd love to do that. Heck, with all of this rain, I would like to get ONE day of fishing in!

That’s what we said basically.. go to work those 6 days or go have a good time and make the best of it. Oh well, can’t always have the best conditions.

Bigdozer thanks. Hopefully the pinkston road dries up by the time we go and the lakes get back at least a little to normal. One of my fishing acquaintances sent me a pic of Nacogdoches last time he went up there after the last big rain and it was NASTY

If you want to say hi and come fish we’ll be up there May 26-31. Feel free to PM me!
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 12:01 AM

I live near Pinkston. If you guys have any trouble around there, need pulled out or anything of the likes, shoot me a text or call the number below.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor

That’s what we said basically.. go to work those 6 days or go have a good time and make the best of it. Oh well, can’t always have the best conditions.

Bigdozer thanks. Hopefully the pinkston road dries up by the time we go and the lakes get back at least a little to normal. One of my fishing acquaintances sent me a pic of Nacogdoches last time he went up there after the last big rain and it was NASTY

If you want to say hi and come fish we’ll be up there May 26-31. Feel free to PM me!

If I can get away I will let you know! cheers
Posted By: saibling

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 12:44 AM

You from Pearland? Interesting. So Naconiche and Nacogdoches are both fishing great. There size keeps the water level pretty stable except during droughts. Pinkston has two ramps a dirt ramp on the north end and a small concrete ramp by the ramp of course there is a dirt road leading to the ramp. The north end ramp is packed and has a better road leading to the ramp. All three lakes are slot lakes and full of bass. Good luck

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by T-racer @ Mallard Marine
I live near Pinkston. If you guys have any trouble around there, need pulled out or anything of the likes, shoot me a text or call the number below.

Don’t be surprised if you get a call from a 713 number any where between May 26-31. With a 2wd truck and a 22 footer, if that clay is nice and water logged I can only imagine what’s gonna happen lol

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by saibling
You from Pearland? Interesting. So Naconiche and Nacogdoches are both fishing great. There size keeps the water level pretty stable except during droughts. Pinkston has two ramps a dirt ramp on the north end and a small concrete ramp by the ramp of course there is a dirt road leading to the ramp. The north end ramp is packed and has a better road leading to the ramp. All three lakes are slot lakes and full of bass. Good luck

Originally Posted by saibling

Yes from Pearland. That’s what I’ve heard, I just hope this rain doesn’t mess them up too bad
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 01:06 PM

I would think Naconichie would be okay.

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/20/21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by TxRanger1
I would think Naconichie would be okay.

We shall see!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/21/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Don’t be surprised if you get a call from a 713 number any where between May 26-31. With a 2wd truck and a 22 footer, if that clay is nice and water logged I can only imagine what’s gonna happen lol

Look at the bright side. At least the red dust will be down!
Posted By: saibling

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/21/21 01:07 AM

I've got family in Pearland, Manville, and League city. We spent a dozen or so days on chocolate bayou each year. Big trout in the winter on jigs, corky's, and top water

Re: Nacogdoches help! - 05/27/21 02:09 AM

Well we’re up here

Dropped the boat at our Airbnb and went to investigate all the lakes.

All of them look great! Nacogdoches was little murky but talking to guys at the ramp and they said it’s been good. Pinkston and Naconiche looked awesome though, not muddy and nasty. Fishing Pinkston in the morning. Got down the roads to Pinkston no issue, no worries there. The ramp looks a little sketchy but we’ll make it work. The lakes appear to be a little high but no big deal

Attached picture 1317D2FA-E61B-44C9-9DD5-30B03D024B1A.jpeg
Attached picture 12A63C58-E8BC-411C-85E8-D59F47F31CAB.jpeg
Attached picture 29E21CCF-C529-4876-8556-F82FE439B0AC.jpeg
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum