Texas Fishing Forum

Another radom question for today.

Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 05:37 PM

I have been thinking about buying the Humminbird 360, then I think I really do not need it as I already have Sonar, DI, and SI on all my graphs. Yea, I could see whats right in front of me I suppose but for $1500.00 for everything to get it up and running is it worth it? Of course that's an answer that depends on each person.
Then again why not wait unto the unforeseeable Mega Live comes out for Humminbird?
The question is if you have or have not gotten a 360, what swayed you in that answer?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 05:42 PM

360 is a pic of past event, live is live in real time
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 05:56 PM

360 is more important than SI/DI. Live is best in conjunction with 360.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 06:41 PM

I would rather have live for the way I fish. I could see 360 working better for stuff like up north where ita huge flats and you are looking for boulders.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 07:18 PM

360 and live are two completely different technologies that I personally use for different things. 360 is great for finding cover / structure. Live is great for finding fish on that structure. I catch a ton of fish off of cover that I would never see without the 360. 360 and live work really good together. Think of 360 as a road map for what to aim your live at. I use both a ton. It's a shame humminbird can't figure out a live imaging system. Beginning to wonder if they will ever get theirs released. I got tired of waiting and purchased a Garmin.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Another radom question for today. - 05/17/21 07:32 PM

We caught fish in 3-4' water for our club tourney Saturday.

Sunday we could only catch fish in 8-10'.

Seems like every tree i pitched a jig into at that depth had a fish in it.

Yet we were only able to fish the trees we could see.

360 would have made things a lot easier to see trees that we couldn't see, and even more importantly that the majority of the other anglers on the lake were skipping as well. I'm fairly certain 360 would have helped us put more fish in the boat yesterday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum