Texas Fishing Forum

Kastking fluorocarbon line?

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/16/21 08:58 PM

Has anyone tried this stuff? I bought a spool of 12lb to use as leader line on a couple rods. 300yards and $21 at academy. I like that it comes in a plastic spool case. I have a bad habit of keeping 15-20 spools of line in a small Mac tool bag. When I open the bag to get out a spool, they are usually a tangled mess. This spool case seems like it might eliminate that mess.

Hopefully it is not a “vanish” kinda line. roflmao it says made in Germany, so at least it ain’t made where Vanish line is made. It ain’t Japanese either, though, and that’s where the really good stuff is made.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 01:39 AM

Will be interested in your feedback. One of my buddies just bought that in 12 lb, please check back in Steez on what your thoughts are .
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 02:06 AM

Seaguar Invizix is all you need
Posted By: 23Harrison

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 02:16 AM

I used the 15lb fluoro today and it casts pretty well. Got stuck multiple times and never broke off.

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Seaguar Invizix is all you need

That’s what I’m afraid of.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 12:33 PM

I tried it - couldn't get it to hold a knot or it kept breaking. I think it was the knot though. It is slippery and limp as hell. It was during a practice and I ripped three hooks off before I shredded it and my partner said don't bring that back in his boat ever again.

And I seldom break off - so the only thing I could contribute it to was the line. But I almost exclusively use co-polymer. Give it a whirl though and see if maybe I was the problem, not the line.
Posted By: irbf

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 12:35 PM

Palomar knot seems to hold fine.

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jman
I tried it - couldn't get it to hold a knot or it kept breaking. I think it was the knot though. It is slippery and limp as hell. It was during a practice and I ripped three hooks off before I shredded it and my partner said don't bring that back in his boat ever again.

And I seldom break off - so the only thing I could contribute it to was the line. But I almost exclusively use co-polymer. Give it a whirl though and see if maybe I was the problem, not the line.

The spool case ain’t worth losing fish.

....think I’ll try it on a day it doesn’t matter.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by irbf
Palomar knot seems to hold fine.

That's 90% of what I use. If you do try it, leave a long tag end and check it regularly.
Posted By: popcork

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 03:18 PM

"The spool case ain’t worth losing fish.

....think I’ll try it on a day it doesn’t matter."
Probably the right choice to make.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 03:32 PM

Sniper in 660yrd spools and it comes with its own case.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 03:35 PM

"Seems like a good product, but is not made in Germany as advertised. It is actually made in China with German materials."

This is posted in many, many of the reviews. fish

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
"Seems like a good product, but is not made in Germany as advertised. It is actually made in China with German materials."

This package says made in Germany. It also has a watermark and a QR code to verify its authenticity. It appears this line is heavily counterfeited. The ones in the reviews have a different package and made in China printing on the bar code.

Probably some junk line and I’ll regret the purchase. roflmao

I know better. Just tried to save a buck.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Sniper in 660yrd spools and it comes with its own case.

thumb
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by JIM SR.

This package says made in Germany. It also has a watermark and a QR code to verify its authenticity. It appears this line is heavily counterfeited. The ones in the reviews have a different package and made in China printing on the bar code.

Probably some junk line and I’ll regret the purchase. roflmao

I know better. Just tried to save a buck.

LOL I know the feeling as well.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Kastking fluorocarbon line? - 05/17/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Has anyone tried this stuff? I bought a spool of 12lb to use as leader line on a couple rods. 300yards and $21 at academy. I like that it comes in a plastic spool case. I have a bad habit of keeping 15-20 spools of line in a small Mac tool bag. When I open the bag to get out a spool, they are usually a tangled mess. This spool case seems like it might eliminate that mess.

Hopefully it is not a “vanish” kinda line. roflmao it says made in Germany, so at least it ain’t made where Vanish line is made. It ain’t Japanese either, though, and that’s where the really good stuff is made.

Put a piece of masking tape on the loose spools of line and stick with Invizx.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum