Texas Fishing Forum

Catch em deep Tawakoni

Posted By: uraveragejoe

Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 12:38 AM

Anybody catch any largemouth in deeper than 5 ft consistently at Tawakoni? I catch plenty of bass but mostly shallow. Only ones I catch deep are the striper and hybrid.
Any suggestions?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 12:58 AM

NOPE
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by uraveragejoe

Any suggestions?

Go to another lake. bolt
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 12:59 AM

I’m sure there are some that live out deep on that lake , but the majority live shallow due to all the hybrid and striper!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 01:50 AM

Never tried.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 02:07 AM

Good to know!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 02:38 AM

Depends on the time of the year, but the dam and some of the areas of willows hold bass in the 'mid-depths' between 7-12 foot.

Not that consistency of bite and I are on speaking terms as of late!
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 12:52 PM

I once caught a fish so deep on tawakoni that my trolling motor wasn’t churning mud.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 01:09 PM

Sure. once the water gets hot. I've caught them in 20' of water.

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/11/21 11:22 PM

Bite has been a little rough out there lately. Water has really turned muddy. Can only get better and certainly can’t catch from the couch!!
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/12/21 11:59 AM

Back in the olden days, way back in the 70's and early 80's I had several deep water spots on the lake.

Not anymore. There was one high spot outside of Tallman's (25' on top) that fish were on consistently back then. I have not caught a fish off that in over 30 years.

The deepest fish I have caught were up in timber near the dam and a couple off some brush piles I know of. Some of the brush piles are in 15 feet of water.

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/18/21 03:01 AM

I am working a lot of offshore brush in creek arms near swings in 7-9 ft. It’s only a matter of time before I find one. Caught some 5 and 6 lbs shallow but know the big ones stage somewhere. I’m always interested in new techniques and places. One reason I love lake fork is because of the fish you can catch in 15-18ft of water in tree stump. Love flipping!!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Catch em deep Tawakoni - 05/18/21 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by uraveragejoe
I am working a lot of offshore brush in creek arms near swings in 7-9 ft. It’s only a matter of time before I find one. Caught some 5 and 6 lbs shallow but know the big ones stage somewhere. I’m always interested in new techniques and places. One reason I love lake fork is because of the fish you can catch in 15-18ft of water in tree stump. Love flipping!!

you just demonstrated the difference between Tawakoni and Fork 7-9 vs 15-18, Tawakoni will always be a shallow water lake
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum