Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter auto recirculate problem

Posted By: bgmg17

Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/08/21 10:56 PM

Recirculate pump works when switched to “on”. Does not work on auto. Is there a separate fuse for that or bad switch?
2017 zx250
Thanks
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/08/21 11:43 PM

Switch or the pump could be bad, maybe check the wire also for a short.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/08/21 11:50 PM

If your aeration system works on Auto; then that is what it is only wired up to do. Recirculation is either ON or OFF.
Posted By: Im RICK JAMES

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/09/21 12:12 AM

Did you leave on auto for a little bit? When I switch to auto it doesn’t always start right then. It goes thru it’s timer cycle then starts
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/09/21 03:51 AM

Leave it on for a bit, maybe 5 minutes and see if it works. If that doesnt work it's probably the timer. Especially if it works in the on position
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/09/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Leave it on for a bit, maybe 5 minutes and see if it works. If that doesnt work it's probably the timer. Especially if it works in the on position

This. The indicator light on my “auto” switch doesn’t work in the “auto” position but it does work. Not sure if you are as lucky. Switch or timer most likely from there. Good luck!
Posted By: D1988

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/09/21 06:26 PM

It might be a fuse. Last trip mine wasn't working on timer side and it was a fuse. I also figured out what blew the fuse.
Posted By: bigcat85

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/10/21 12:41 PM

There is a fuse on the auto. Look under dash behind the switch. The timer mechanism has a car fuse in it. Cant remember the amperage.
Posted By: bgmg17

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/11/21 02:51 AM

Thanks for the input. I’m going to look at the fuse on the timer before replacing the switch and timer.
Posted By: D1988

Re: Skeeter auto recirculate problem - 05/11/21 10:11 AM

My fuses were in the fuse box in compartment in front of drivers side.
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum