Texas Fishing Forum

Is B-Lat not in BASS this year?

Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 02:59 AM

I have not seen him fishing in any of the Opens this year. I’ve read where he has entered in the TackleWarehouse series this year.
Has he given up on trying to make the BASS Elite Series? I have enjoyed following him and wishing him the best to make it to the Elite Series.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:11 AM

Apparently Scott Martin and crew pulled a practical joke that was over the line and he cut ties, back at FLW now MLF circuit.
Posted By: K3913

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:45 AM

Scott Martin is a douche.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Apparently Scott Martin and crew pulled a practical joke that was over the line and he cut ties, back at FLW now MLF circuit.

what happened?
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 11:32 AM

Cmon, he didn't make the cut in the opens. He'd be there if he qualified.
Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap

what happened?

I'm interested to know this as well.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 01:34 PM

I follow him on facebook. He is fishing FLW
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 02:01 PM

With mlf guys trying to requalify for the Elites through the Opens it was probably best for B-Lat to go back to FLW. Less competition to move up over there.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterGuy1

I'm interested to know this as well.

I saw something about that on another forum but no details were given just that there was a falling out

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
With mlf guys trying to requalify for the Elites through the Opens it was probably best for B-Lat to go back to FLW. Less competition to move up over there.

Not real sure why a bunch of them left for the opens and some declined FLW invites, its going to be an uphill climb for years, the opens have a deeper field than the elites right now.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 02:42 PM

The good ole passive aggressive vague posting.

Spill the beans if you got em

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:15 PM

If B-Lat got upset over whoever did what they did to him as a prank, then he needs to get thicker skin and not get butt hurt over stuff like that. If he is wanting to become an Elite guy then he will be hard pressed to it because every time he gets his feeling hurt he moves to another series, he will run out of series.
This is suppose to be his profession, its not what other think about you its about the opportunities you can take and gain from them. I would never let a prank or another person(s) dictate those opportunities.
But... he may be happy just being a "You Tube" angler and make money that way?
My #1 rule in life is, I do not care what people say or think about me. I only have to make sure that guy in the mirror likes himself.
I cannot nor will I become a person who lives to make everyone happy, because you will fail every time. That will never happen.
So, if B-Lat left BASS because of a prank or something someone said about him, he does not believe in himself very much.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:34 PM

What if it was something racist? I'm not saying it was but that just crossed my mind.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:35 PM

OK I give who is B-Lat?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:37 PM

Brian Latimer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCbB1VodVud_cpX9QPlU1_g

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by pil,b
OK I give who is B-Lat?

Brian Latimer, good fisherman, entertaining youtuber.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by pil,b
OK I give who is B-Lat?

Brian Latimer, good fisherman, entertaining youtuber.

cheers
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 04:05 PM

honestly given how some of the Scott Martin crew acted on some of the youtube content I saw.... I would not want to be hanging around them. They looked like a bunch of azz-clowns at various times.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
What if it was something racist? I'm not saying it was but that just crossed my mind.

Even if it were, does that make him pick up and move to another place? But really isn't everything racist now, but i regress on that.
Has a word ever cut you, bruised you, broken any bones? Think about this, words only have power when you allow them to, other than that its just a word. It's either an opinion, an observation or a statement which can be either factual of false but non the less, words are just a vapor of wind that disperses as it goes further from your mouth, then it becomes nothing.
I like B-Lat but I really hope he did not give up on BASS and being an Elite angler over words. Maybe he just wanted to go back to where he did have his winning that $100,000 tournament a few years back. Nothing wrong in that. I was just curious as to why he was not fishing in any Bass Opens this year and trying to qualify for the Elite Series.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by tx_basser
honestly given how some of the Scott Martin crew acted on some of the youtube content I saw.... I would not want to be hanging around them. They looked like a bunch of azz-clowns at various times.

Scott has his moments as I'm sure most of those guys do. I can name off a bunch of guys just in and around me that think they are the next KVD and are as arrogant as any one in the world. Some how good local anglers do have an air about them. ( I'll never be that way, I can't for the life of me figure out where the fish are in a goldfish bowl)
Scott was born into fishing, had a dad that some consider the best BASS angler ever. I'm sure he has never had to scrap and beg for sponsors or money to participate in fishing. I do think he is a pretty good angler. He did go into the BASS Opens last year and qualify first year out. I think I know which You Tube video you are talking about when he called his non boater partner for the next day. You can take it either way.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 04:25 PM

Rumors, speculation, innuendo, WAGS, outrage, drama and faux outrage. This thread has it all. roflmao
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Rumors, speculation, innuendo, WAGS, outrage, drama and faux outrage. This thread has it all. roflmao

Yea it does. Crazy. I guess we should speculate why Hallman and them arent hanging out this year? It cant be as simple as Scott is on the elites and they are on the opens.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 05:42 PM

Used to be a lot of if not all the Googan crew. Not sure if it's that way anymore.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper

Yea it does. Crazy. I guess we should speculate why Hallman and them arent hanging out this year? It cant be as simple as Scott is on the elites and they are on the opens.

Hallman, Upshaw, Pangrac and Castledine are all still hanging out trying to make the Elites. I think the only one that is not fishing all the Opens is Castledine. He said he only skipped this last Open because he had a chance to win his 4th AOY in the Toyota Series if he fished the event on Rayburn.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

Used to be a lot of if not all the Googan crew. Not sure if it's that way anymore.

Rackley, Terkla, Barzacchini and Flair?

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 06:32 PM

Castlerock going the MLF route? He will get pro circuit invite with that AOY, either remaining central open isn't until october and you miss one and you can't qualify so I would say he is out of the running for the elites next year.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 06:40 PM

Oh man did I fall in the WAG category.... roflmao

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 07:21 PM

Castlerock going the MLF route? He will get pro circuit invite with that AOY, either remaining central open isn't until october and you miss one and you can't qualify so I would say he is out of the running for the elites next year.

Reach out to him on his social media stuff and ask him. cheers
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 09:06 PM

There was a racist accusation made on one of his social media platforms. I can't remember which one and it never mentioned any names. I don't think it is still up. It was very vague. Given the times we live in that's all I have to say about that topic.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
There was a racist accusation made on one of his social media platforms. I can't remember which one and it never mentioned any names. I don't think it is still up. It was very vague. Given the times we live in that's all I have to say about that topic.

These vague posts are a real bummer for a few reasons. 1. Just creates drama and speculation 2. without directly calling someone out you are possibly painting a whole bunch of people in a negative light for one or a few peoples actions 2. there can be some people unfairly caught in the crossfire.

This thread is kinda making it seem like scott martin and his crew/friends might be a racist bunch. Bummer thats the route it went. I know no one directly said that...but in a round about way thats what Im getting from this thread. I almost hope scott martin is racist because itd be very unfortunate to get labeled that if he wasnt....and labeling people as racist seems like the cool thing to do nowadays 🤷‍♂️

EDIT:
Im not condoning racism...my point is i hope there is fire for this smoke, because itd be very unfortunate if there wasnt.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 09:35 PM

I wasn't going to put it out there, because well yeah "times we live in" but there you have it.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 09:41 PM

I wasn't going to put it out there.

roflmao

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar

These vague posts are a real bummer for a few reasons. 1. Just creates drama and speculation 2. without directly calling someone out you are possibly painting a whole bunch of people in a negative light for one or a few peoples actions 2. there can be some people unfairly caught in the crossfire.

This thread is kinda making it seem like scott martin and his crew/friends might be a racist bunch. Bummer thats the route it went. I know no one directly said that...but in a round about way thats what Im getting from this thread. I almost hope scott martin is racist because itd be very unfortunate to get labeled that if he wasnt....and labeling people as racist seems like the cool thing to do nowadays 🤷‍♂️

EDIT:
Im not condoning racism...my point is i hope there is fire for this smoke, because itd be very unfortunate if there wasnt.

Nice edit, you were probably about to get flamed
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 10:04 PM

I kind of remember a questionable comment someone made on his IG account from a while back
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 10:16 PM

Pretty simple decision for me if I was BLat, fish the opens versus the MLF/FLW/Big5 Circuit. I would much rather fish against less people for more money and not have to deal with co-anglers. Blat is good his youtube channel does well, he won an FLW event, but is he good enough to qualify out of the opens like Hackney, Christie, Atkins and Scott Martin did? That is a tall task.

Y'all can speculate all you want, I guess no one can practical joke anymore. Martin, Canterbury and Arey pull stuff on each other all the time. I think it's funny.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 10:37 PM

I watched all his open vuds and never saw anything questionable. They all mess with each and laugh later. He couldn't cut it in the opens so he went back to MLF from what I saw. I'm surpsied they let him jump over the totota series but they did.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/07/21 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
I watched all his open vuds and never saw anything questionable. They all mess with each and laugh later. He couldn't cut it in the opens so he went back to MLF from what I saw. I'm surpsied they let him jump over the totota series but they did.

He won an event the prior season on Seminole, pretty sure he had an exemption.
Posted By: undercover

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 01:51 AM

Good Edit!
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 02:16 AM

popcorn
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
Pretty simple decision for me if I was BLat, fish the opens versus the MLF/FLW/Big5 Circuit. I would much rather fish against less people for more money and not have to deal with co-anglers. Blat is good his youtube channel does well, he won an FLW event, but is he good enough to qualify out of the opens like Hackney, Christie, Atkins and Scott Martin did? That is a tall task.

Y'all can speculate all you want, I guess no one can practical joke anymore. Martin, Canterbury and Arey pull stuff on each other all the time. I think it's funny.

Solid

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper

Hallman, Upshaw, Pangrac and Castledine are all still hanging out trying to make the Elites. I think the only one that is not fishing all the Opens is Castledine. He said he only skipped this last Open because he had a chance to win his 4th AOY in the Toyota Series if he fished the event on Rayburn.

I know, I keep up with them. They all seem like cool guys and Castledine has put my money I'm his pockets quote a few times so i got to root for him. I just figured since everybody was speculating we may as well throw them in the mix lol

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 02:26 AM

just let this thread die. Simply gossip with extremely bad implications if not true.

*I get Im replying and bumping but its after another bump. just let it die. some people like to do the social media pile on, and cancel thing on here....lets just give it a rest this weekend. Labeling someone a racist is a death nail in 2021...lets not just throw things out there without any proof or firsthand knowledge. or whatever....just suggesting not going full 2021 on this 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 02:48 AM

I would think that with the way things are going if it was a racist thing Mr. Blat would have called them out on it.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 01:56 PM

I sat back and watched this thread, and it has gone all kind directions. The reality is the only people that know the truth of this conversation is B-Lat and Martin. There are so many things wrong with this thread, it is hard to tell where to begin. It is easy to say a person is not a racist or that was not a racist statement when you were not on the receiving end of the action or you were not there; for this situation no one knows what happened, we are just guessing because it ended a friendship. Whatever happened, I would say it was serious. I can tell you that if it was based on a raciest statement or act, it is not fun and someone saying that is not what I meant does not make it many better. And please do not say they should have thicker skin or not be so sensitive...that is a crock. Honestly, I use to think the fishing world was the one place you could avoid most of this stuff. Every once in a while, you would meet a true jerk that was a racist, and they wanted you to know they were a racist…but you tried to ignore them. However, 2020, let the breast out of the cage. I have personally witnessed how it brought out the truly nasty side of some people, some you thought you knew very well. Many so-called friendships have been destroyed because of contentious words and comments, but then again maybe they were never really friends in the first place. I agree with the person who said let this thread die because it lacks actual facts but let us not ignore the truth that there are some serious issues out there. Ignore such issues will not make them go away...maybe we should try a little open conversation and understanding. Maybe we should all try to enjoy the sport of fishing and be thankful that we have the ability to fish...

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 03:44 PM

The question still is what was actually said or done?

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
The question still is what was actually said or done?

Probably nothing.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by NitroUSAF
I sat back and watched this thread, and it has gone all kind directions. The reality is the only people that know the truth of this conversation is B-Lat and Martin. There are so many things wrong with this thread, it is hard to tell where to begin. It is easy to say a person is not a racist or that was not a racist statement when you were not on the receiving end of the action or you were not there; for this situation no one knows what happened, we are just guessing because it ended a friendship. Whatever happened, I would say it was serious. I can tell you that if it was based on a raciest statement or act, it is not fun and someone saying that is not what I meant does not make it many better. And please do not say they should have thicker skin or not be so sensitive...that is a crock. Honestly, I use to think the fishing world was the one place you could avoid most of this stuff. Every once in a while, you would meet a true jerk that was a racist, and they wanted you to know they were a racist…but you tried to ignore them. However, 2020, let the breast out of the cage. I have personally witnessed how it brought out the truly nasty side of some people, some you thought you knew very well. Many so-called friendships have been destroyed because of contentious words and comments, but then again maybe they were never really friends in the first place. I agree with the person who said let this thread die because it lacks actual facts but let us not ignore the truth that there are some serious issues out there. Ignore such issues will not make them go away...maybe we should try a little open conversation and understanding. Maybe we should all try to enjoy the sport of fishing and be thankful that we have the ability to fish...

How do you know a conversation even took place? It could be they wanted to go seperate directions. Enough drama.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 09:30 PM

Please mods lock this thread. Enough is enough

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

I see we have members here like at BBC, their only post are to lock a thread.
I have seen nothing wrong in this entire thread. Speculations and opinions that all. It’s also called a discussion......

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/08/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones

I have seen nothing wrong in this entire thread. Speculations and opinions that all. It’s also called a discussion......

Nah man I’m just sick of race being brought into everything, sadly now a fishing forum. That’s all this is. Conjecture where no one has the facts. I’ll bow out Dogfish so you can enjoy yourself.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 12:20 AM

4Weight I dont know how old you are or how many years you have left but if you’re sick of it now just wait, it’s only gonna get worse. If it would have been one of the other guy’s in Scotts little group we wouldn’t even be talking about it. Since it was him it had to be racism.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
4Weight I dont know how old you are or how many years you have left but if you’re sick of it now just wait, it’s only gonna get worse. If it would have been one of the other guy’s in Scotts little group we wouldn’t even be talking about it. Since it was him it had to be racism.

Hopefully 25-30 and agree on the worse part for sure. Agree on your second part too. Enough said.

Sarcasm on part 2.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 01:14 AM

Nah man I’m just sick of race being brought into everything, sadly now a fishing forum. That’s all this is. Conjecture where no one has the facts. I’ll bow out Dogfish so you can enjoy yourself.

Several options for you to avoid things you’re upset about besides calling for a thread to be locked because you have an issue with it. Just an FYI.

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Several options for you to avoid things you’re upset about besides calling for a thread to be locked because you have an issue with it. Just an FYI.

safe space needed clap

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 02:09 AM

Back on track here, so B-Lat is not going to participate in the BASS Opens but has went to FLW or MLF whatever they call it now?
If so, I wish him the best. I did go check up on his tournament finishes so far this year, The best he has finished is 45th, in his three tournaments. Maybe he can do better in the other ones he enters. He seems like a great guy and a great dad/husband from his You Tube videos.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Like what??? saying you caught a black bass vs. saying you caught a large mouth bass???????

Re: Is B-Lat not in BASS this year? - 05/09/21 06:36 PM

I think this thread is just a bunch of [censored]. Checked Martin’s Instagram today and on his post about Neely Henry, Blat liked it.

Bet there is no bad blood at all and this 4 page thread was a waste of time, including mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum