Texas Fishing Forum

Dam air boats

Posted By: Kodyjoe

Dam air boats - 05/06/21 02:15 AM

Been on Fork all day and was wondering if anybody saw Parks and Wildlife in their airboats today. Was down in Little Caney and here came one right down the bank in SHALLOW water all the way from the mouth of it. Was fishing a point and he came right between the point and us bout 40 yds. Loud as H.... Went towards the back then another one came down the other side. Bout 20 mins they came flying back out. Aint got a clue what they were doing
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 02:23 AM

I hate them on the river, as more and more people buy land and build on the river the talk of banning them for noise ordinance gets louder, wouldn't hurt my feelings...
Posted By: Rhodes 520

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 02:30 AM

TPWD was doing water vegetation studies on Fork today. That’s why the airboats were out and about. I’m sure there will be some spraying this year because of it. 🤬
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
I hate them on the river, as more and more people buy land and build on the river the talk of banning them for noise ordinance gets louder, wouldn't hurt my feelings...

roflmao

It’s been tried. Look it up Sam Waltons daughter wrote a big check to get them banned from the brazos some spineless “Republican” wrote the Bill up and got it pushed through to Perry’s desk and vetoed it.

Go back to Dallas or San Diego if you don’t like the sounds of the woods.
Posted By: D1988

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 02:57 AM

Vegetation study. There is No vegetation. They might need to study how to restore some vegetation.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Used2fish
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

roflmao

It’s been tried. Look it up Sam Waltons daughter wrote a big check to get them banned from the brazos some spineless “Republican” wrote the Bill up and got it pushed through to Perry’s desk and vetoed it.

Go back to Dallas or San Diego if you don’t like the sounds of the woods.

roflmao how you think it won't ever happen with all the north and west liberals moving here...
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rhodes 520
TPWD was doing water vegetation studies on Fork today. That’s why the airboats were out and about. I’m sure there will be some spraying this year because of it. 🤬

Why do we need to jump to the WORST POSSIBLE CONCLUSION? Is it too hard to believe that TPWD wants to make sure that their crown jewel has a healthy grass population? There is new blood in the organization, and "I'm sure" they are working to the best of the health of the lake!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by D1988
Vegetation study. There is No vegetation. They might need to study how to restore some vegetation.

Originally Posted by D1988
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Why do we need to jump to the WORST POSSIBLE CONCLUSION? Is it too hard to believe that TPWD wants to make sure that their crown jewel has a healthy grass population? There is new blood in the organization, and "I'm sure" they are working to the best of the health of the lake!

….RIGHT…….
See Lake Conroe…Tyler…Fork…Jacksonville…Purtis Creek…etc…etc…
Its like their goal is to destroy a great fish habitat…not to build one.
And the worst part is, we pay for them to F the lakes up with our license and tax dollars
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 03:44 AM

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 06:05 PM

Ive talked to them out there and on several phone calls over the last few years. TPWD....WANTS the grass in there. If you see them spraying, its the invasive stuff they are spraying. Not the good grass.

Now.....if you see an unmarked airboat spraying....please let them know!
Posted By: H&H

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Ive talked to them out there and on several phone calls over the last few years. TPWD....WANTS the grass in there. If you see them spraying, its the invasive stuff they are spraying. Not the good grass.

when they spray invasive stuff they actually kill the good stuff too. I think those 3rd party spray boats get paid by the gallon, so when they start to spray they spray whatever as fast as they can and don't let them tell you any different.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 06:28 PM

Thanks, Sinkey... TPWD (current fisheries biologist) admit many of the failures of the past. Notably Purtis, Cypress - The ones I've heard in interviews even welcome a sustainable population of (invasive) Hydrilla on Fork. The big concern right now is Salvinia, and the long-late winter helped knock that back greatly!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 06:40 PM

Thanks, Sinkey... TPWD (current fisheries biologist) admit many of the failures of the past. Notably Purtis, Cypress - The ones I've heard in interviews even welcome a sustainable population of (invasive) Hydrilla on Fork. The big concern right now is Salvinia, and the long-late winter helped knock that back greatly!

Yes, they want the hydrilla back in Fork.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 07:57 PM

Boy howdy me too. Used to hate it when i first started fishing hydrilla now i sho do try to find some.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 08:43 PM

2 bags over 100 for the elites... Whatever their doing...
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Dam air boats - 05/06/21 09:53 PM

Actually TPWD along with the Lake Fork Sportsman's Association and the Ag class from Yantis HS are growing grasses in their greenhouses that will be transplanted into the lake later this year.
Soon Winnsboro HS will also be involved.

TPWD uses many different type of boats for their work.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Dam air boats - 05/07/21 02:45 AM

texas
Posted By: Rhodes 520

Re: Dam air boats - 05/07/21 04:06 AM

Who’s jumping ? It’s pretty well known and documented what has taken place on Fork over the years. It’s not hard to believe TPWD wants a healthy grass population at all. But TPWD doesn’t own the lake. I know why the lake was built and the vegetation takes away from the lakes water capacity, which is already in short supply in North Texas. Less water = less money. I don’t pretend to have the answers on vegetation control, but spraying chemicals doesn’t sound like a good one to me. I cringe when hearing vegetation studies or spraying because I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing anything good come after it. I’ll shut up and go find a bridge now. 🤪
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum