Texas Fishing Forum

Co Angler/Teammate

Posted By: RSchramm

Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 02:34 AM

Moving down to the Longview area 03/10/2021 from the Texas Panhandle where lakes are few and far between. I'm 25 about to be 26 looking to start in my first tournament series in 2022 or even late 2021 tournaments. Just looking for someone looking for a teammate/co angler I can get started. My ole man lived the tournament life my entire life and so I'm well aware of the hidden rules (no casting in front fo the windshield) and I'm pretty good as I think of myself.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by RSchramm
so I'm well aware of the hidden rules (no casting in front fo the windshield)

What series? hmmm if your wanting to be a team partner, don't make sense.

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 05:57 AM

Any series I can get into whether it be a partner in a team tournament or a tournament I can register my self in as a co angler like the BFLs. I'd love to get back out on the water again whether it be a tournament or just for fun.
Posted By: Alan

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 12:55 PM

Makes sense to me
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 01:55 PM

Welcome to Longview. It will be a change for sure, we have so many good lakes in this area. Solid Pawn here in town is a great tackle store. As far as Co Angler events, BFL is the only one that I know of but there are some great clubs in the area. Team Bass and FoM are the larger trails, if you get in contact with them you might be able to find someone looking for a partner.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 02:26 PM

If your fishing a team event like Basschamps or FOM you can cast where ever you want. Are you looking to do team tournaments or random pairing events like BFL, very different animals.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by RSchramm
so I'm well aware of the hidden rules (no casting in front fo the windshield)

What series? hmmm if your wanting to be a team partner, don't make sense.

I think he is boatless and looking to be a co-angler and the unwritten rule he is talking about is to not make a cast forward of the middle of the boat (which I’m sure some co-anglers with boats ask the guys in the backseat not to do).
Posted By: James P.

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 03:36 PM

Check out ABA

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 04:51 PM

Thanks for the Input on where to go. Like said I'd love to do anything! Locally or across state, just would like to get my feet wet in some competition! Or even just for fun in the back seat.
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 05:03 PM

If you are looking for an easy and cheap way to fish as a co-angler, the Texas BASS Nation has clubs in North East Texas that should have spots for co-anglers that do not own boats. I have attached the link for you. I would encourage you to call the clubs and see how they approach fishing by non-boaters. the clubs will have club tournaments and Texas BASS Nation Federation events. The entry fees are less than $100 and you can meet a good bunch of guys to fish with. www.texasbassonline.com/ne-clubs.

I started tournament fishing in this format and it works for me and my budget. I will tell you that fishing as a co-angler in the larger events presents challenges that you may not encounter in a club setting.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Co Angler/Teammate - 05/05/21 08:35 PM

ABA fishing tour divisions 52 or 54 are less that $100 also I think. ABA open series is a little more and higher competition.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum