Texas Fishing Forum

Tips for Rayburn

Posted By: Tomczak jake

Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 02:19 AM

Any tips for Rayburn
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 02:22 AM

Avoid it for a bit. It's been beat to hell the past week or so.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 03:06 AM

Be careful. I saw a few floaters this weekend and with it still coming up and the wind blowing like it has I'm sure more will be out there. As for fish, they are in every depth range right now. They arent everywhere though so move around till you find them.
Posted By: zhopson

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 03:52 AM

Can catch them shallow around hay grass and torpedo grass very easy with a buzzbait or frog. Then can either throw a senko in that same water or find some grass in 7-12ft range and throw plastics.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 03:57 AM

Probably going to come up a foot or two this week. Plenty of small fish in the bushes but as mentioned, it's been beat to heck last few weeks.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Probably going to come up a foot or two this week. Plenty of small fish in the bushes but as mentioned, it's been beat to heck last few weeks.

I would imagine a foot or two as well.

The old Angelina River is way out of here banks on 59 and I am sure the Attoyac is as well.

We had 6+ inches in the area in the last few days. bolt
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 01:13 PM

I think its gonna get tougher as the water comes up. Cover alot of water is my tip.
Posted By: H&H

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 01:29 PM

In the Toyota series 2 days of practice was brutal and 1st day of the derby stunk, had enough bites to have a decent bag. Caught a bunch of 14-15 inch spawned out rats that didn't weight nothing those three days, wind was terrible. Moving day I got little clue and wrecked them me and my co-angler between both of us we had well north of 100 fish, but, we both lacked a kicker, w/ had several first day eat a frog but you couldn't catch one. Next day co-angler had a big shark a frog, I didn't even throw it because they don't want it yet. Let them perch come in and that well change.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tips for Rayburn - 05/03/21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by wjg
In the Toyota series 2 days of practice was brutal and 1st day of the derby stunk, had enough bites to have a decent bag. Caught a bunch of 14-15 inch spawned out rats that didn't weight nothing those three days, wind was terrible. Moving day I got little clue and wrecked them me and my co-angler between both of us we had well north of 100 fish, but, we both lacked a kicker, w/ had several first day eat a frog but you couldn't catch one. Next day co-angler had a big shark a frog, I didn't even throw it because they don't want it yet. Let them perch come in and that well change.

Perch were in the middle of drains spawning already. This water comes way up you won't be able to get to the new fish....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum