Texas Fishing Forum

Sarge Rods?

Posted By: Ibock

Sarge Rods? - 05/01/21 03:00 AM

Thoughts on Sarge Rods?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/01/21 05:43 AM

I love mine.. Sarge is an awesome dude and an awesome builder. You probably won't get much input from the guys on here

What are you wanting one for?
Posted By: H&H

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/01/21 12:14 PM

I will be honest, listen sarge guy is a good dude. They are good saltwater rods and probably a good crank bait rod for bass. But you get to fishing nasty like most people love they break like toothpicks period, maybe one day him will listen to some guys and change his blanks up for bass
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/01/21 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by wjg
I will be honest, listen sarge guy is a good dude. They are good saltwater rods and probably a good crank bait rod for bass. But you get to fishing nasty like most people love they break like toothpicks period, maybe one day him will listen to some guys and change his blanks up for bass

Why? Bass isn't his game. Just like Waterloo and Laguna. They all make great rods but they aren't in the Bass fishing market. The rod market for Bass is flooded. There is only a handful of builders I would trust to buy rods for saltwater that have the action I'm looking for. Sarge is one of the best.
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/01/21 05:22 PM

Oh I didnt realize they were salt water rods

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/02/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock

Yes, Sarge is inshore saltwater trout/reds/flounder rods. They are AMAZING rods!!!!!!! However, mine doesn't go bass fishing.

Same for my Laguna customs and my Waterloos. They just aren't built for bass fishing.
Posted By: H&H

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/02/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429

Yes, Sarge is inshore saltwater trout/reds/flounder rods. They are AMAZING rods!!!!!!! However, mine doesn't go bass fishing.

Same for my Laguna customs and my Waterloos. They just aren't built for bass fishing.

Right, but my father in-law knows him good and he took him bass rods to duplicate because they are excellent saltwater rods but we broke all of them when trying them so I guess they gave up trying but your right they put a lot of food on the table for us in the salt

Re: Sarge Rods? - 05/02/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by wjg
Originally Posted by dk2429

Right, but my father in-law knows him good and he took him bass rods to duplicate because they are excellent saltwater rods but we broke all of them when trying them so I guess they gave up trying but your right they put a lot of food on the table for us in the salt

Which is why I don't take them bassing.... I agree, I don't feel like they would hold up long bass fishing. I take some of my medium action Waterloos for rattle traps and shallow divers and they work great, but any of my medium light trout rods stay at home
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum