Texas Fishing Forum

Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW

Posted By: goodman_fishing

Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/29/21 01:54 AM

I am trying to find a decent rod for my 3-1/2 year old son. All of the rods that in his size are either "kiddie" rods or whippy fiberglass rods with no "feel".

Does anyone have a contact for someone in the North DFW/Denton/Frisco area that can make a short kids rod with a ~medium power/fast action? Something in the 4ft to 4ft 6in length?
Posted By: prosise

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/29/21 10:11 AM

To be honest, get him the ugly stick kids rod and put a better reel on it. It comes with a push button, but i picked up a better diawa reel. My son was hard on his, and it is still working. I took the hooks off a couple of lures so he could get used to it. Then moved him to spinning rod to cast farther. Heck, i will give you the ugly stick rod if you want it. I work at 75/George bush off of renner. Message me if you are interested..

Update: Found another rod and reel along with the ugly stick rod. They are yours if you want them. The longer spinning rod is 4'6" long.

[Linked Image]

This video was about 6 years ago when we had a bump in the road. Had to make a change to his casting, cost me 500$ bucks at the minor emergency.. Still have the baby chug bug in a bottle out in the safe.. Skip to the 7:30 mark, hooks on the chug bug are sharp.. Dr just deadened the area, and ripped it out. So we started wearing a baseball cap from then on.

Prosise
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/29/21 12:58 PM

Very nice offer there Mr. Prosise. Thanks for sharing with others.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/29/21 01:07 PM

I bought one from Academy for my grandson that was one of their house brands. Ethos if I remember right. Extremely good rod that had the same "feel" as a longer rod with good balance.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/29/21 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by prosise
To be honest, get him the ugly stick kids rod and put a better reel on it. It comes with a push button, but i picked up a better diawa reel. My son was hard on his, and it is still working. I took the hooks off a couple of lures so he could get used to it. Then moved him to spinning rod to cast farther. Heck, i will give you the ugly stick rod if you want it. I work at 75/George bush off of renner. Message me if you are interested..

Update: Found another rod and reel along with the ugly stick rod. They are yours if you want them. The longer spinning rod is 4'6" long.

[Linked Image]

This video was about 6 years ago when we had a bump in the road. Had to make a change to his casting, cost me 500$ bucks at the minor emergency.. Still have the baby chug bug in a bottle out in the safe.. Skip to the 7:30 mark, hooks on the chug bug are sharp.. Dr just deadened the area, and ripped it out. So we started wearing a baseball cap from then on.

Prosise

thumb
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/30/21 01:36 AM

Prosise

Thank you, I really appreciate the offer, but I am looking for a fairly specific rod.

He has a little spincast setup with a light action rod, it fits him well but it's too light power/moderate action for him to feel any of what is going on. So I am looking for a "high end kids rod" that is going to work well for actually trying to catch something and it looks like I am going to need a custom rod to get there.

So far I have avoided being hooked! He's not allowed treble hooks just yet.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/30/21 04:41 PM

Prosise

Cool video. He took it like a man. I used to be your neighbor.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 04/30/21 11:22 PM

Maybe an ice fishing rod...

https://www.joessportinggoods.com/fenwick-elite-tech-ice-casting-rod-30in-medium-1-135869.html
Posted By: prosise

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 05/01/21 11:48 AM

Offer stands for anyone who needs a starting setup for their little one. Just send me a message. Live in trophy club, work in Plano.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Kids Custom Bass Rod [~4ft Long] Near Denton/Frisco/North DFW - 05/01/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda
I am trying to find a decent rod for my 3-1/2 year old son. All of the rods that in his size are either "kiddie" rods or whippy fiberglass rods with no "feel".

Does anyone have a contact for someone in the North DFW/Denton/Frisco area that can make a short kids rod with a ~medium power/fast action? Something in the 4ft to 4ft 6in length?

I would contact Reel Time rods at Lake Fork and have them build you one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum