Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 05:28 PM

Somebody's gonna get a stern talking to... Dan whip
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 06:32 PM

That’s a “Big O” my!
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 06:35 PM

700 more, and the anglers had input on it? Why is this a big deal??
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

When your number 1 selling point to get people from BASS to come over is "no entry fee", and now you are paying an entry fee that is more than an Elite event, it is kind of a big deal. Especially to those guys who came over because they were struggling in BASS to make ends meet. And I think it is more like "some of them have input".
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 07:06 PM

I’ll finally agree with you on the BPT. Guys had the chance to leave, only a few took their bags and left. The grass looked greener and it may or may not have been, but none of the BPT guys are crying about the cost.
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 07:06 PM

Waiting to see who gets banned now!!!!!!!
Posted By: 206champion

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Waiting to see who gets banned now!!!!!!!

Lol
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I’ll finally agree with you on the BPT. Guys had the chance to leave, only a few took their bags and left. The grass looked greener and it may or may not have been, but none of the BPT guys are crying about the cost.

The BPT guys are not allowed to talk about entry fees. Most are just stuck there now. To hard to qualify for the elites. They were definitely lied to.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.

When your number 1 selling point to get people from BASS to come over is "no entry fee", and now you are paying an entry fee that is more than an Elite event, it is kind of a big deal. Especially to those guys who came over because they were struggling in BASS to make ends meet. And I think it is more like "some of them have input".

Well i'd say it's not a big deal. No entry fee was not a selling point. The original plan for BPT was to have entry fees. After every angler had already committed to it, then the anglers voted on no entry.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Well i'd say it's not a big deal. No entry fee was not a selling point. The original plan for BPT was to have entry fees. After every angler had already committed to it, then the anglers voted on no entry.

So they voted no entry fee, but then got told they had to not only pay an entry fee, but that it would be more than what they were paying with BASS? And you can say that no entry fee was not a selling point, but they pushed that thing pretty hard. Also from the guys that left, they said they were told a bunch of lies and that things weren't as promised. This seems like one of them. It would appear only a small handful of people are actually making the decisions. You can be a BPT sack sucker and still acknowledge they aren't everything they said they were going to be.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:01 PM

So are they back to fishing for their own money again? Just like they were before but no Classic? Instead they have a RedCrest or something like that. What are they doing with the TV money? Endorsements that they got from all the Manufacturers and such?
For the record I don't care, not taking a side at all just wondering and a bit curious at this point.

Jody
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:03 PM

I no it's a bit off the main topic but who were we thinking the banned big o is ? Luke Dunkin or the Hot chick that used to be on MLF TV?

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:20 PM

So they voted no entry fee, but then got told they had to not only pay an entry fee, but that it would be more than what they were paying with BASS? And you can say that no entry fee was not a selling point, but they pushed that thing pretty hard. Also from the guys that left, they said they were told a bunch of lies and that things weren't as promised. This seems like one of them. It would appear only a small handful of people are actually making the decisions. You can be a BPT sack sucker and still acknowledge they aren't everything they said they were going to be.

They sure hurt your little feelings when they took all your idols away from BASS. It's been explained several times that no entry fee was not a selling point to join BPT. But you always claim it was. I have no idea if they were told a bunch of lies. I'm not friends with any BPT anglers. So I don't know. I just like the format and get sick of the same whiners maling stuff up just because they got their feelings hurt

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:25 PM

... They sure hurt your little feelings when they took all your idols away from BASS. It's been explained several times that no entry fee was not a selling point to join BPT. But you always claim it was. I have no idea if they were told a bunch of lies. I'm not friends with any BPT anglers. So I don't know. I just like the format and get sick of the same whiners maling stuff up just because they got their feelings hurt

Settle down... You don't have to argue with the whole board now that Big O ain't around... Deep breath, deep breath... Dan

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:30 PM

For sure!
It just seems like faux outrage by some never bpters. Every organization has comers and goers every year. I still think overall they feel this is a better system for them to be in or they would not have left. grin

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I no it's a bit off the main topic but who were we thinking the banned big o is ? Luke Dunkin or the Hot chick that used to be on MLF TV?

Its Randy Blaukat. roflmao
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 10:37 PM

BPT is coming unwound. Big money likes big money back. They are all about ROI. It’s not what it was cut out to be. Many stayed because there wasn’t a place they could go. A number are trying to get back through the Opens.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 11:10 PM

Pics of said chick please
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 11:22 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/TWpQRStdQzy92vps7

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 11:29 PM

Come on man... Dan [Linked Image]

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/26/21 11:31 PM

Thanks Dan.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:39 AM

cheers... Dan

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:43 AM

JP would never knowingly ban a chick that hot. So there’s no way she’s Big O.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:59 AM

Dan... very nice lol
Posted By: Chris G

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
JP would never knowingly ban a chick that hot. So there’s no way she’s Big O.

Well considering she’s my very good friend’s daughter, I can assure you she isn’t.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:47 AM

That is 100% reasonable. I hear Randy is working on sponsor deals from "No More Tears" and "Kleenex"

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

Oh ya that cougar had it going on. They had a young hot one too at one time.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:52 AM

roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 02:00 AM

So they are paying entry fees that they voted to pay? confused 3

It isn't like they don't get a check at the end of the tourney even of they don't make the cut.

Granted it isn't 100% back but it is more than the other tours pay if you miss the cut isn't it? hmmm

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Oh ya that cougar had it going on. They had a young hot one too at one time.

I thought he was asking about the younger one that was their "Media" person. confused 3

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
... I thought he was asking about the younger one that was their "Media" person. confused 3

I watched part of the first season and she's the only hot chick I remember... confused 3... Too many cuts, too may elimination rounds, sudden deaths... I'm a simple guy, cold beer, hot chicks and short concise tournament weigh-in where the guy with the most weight wins the big trophy... Dan
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 11:48 AM

Aly Akers was the BPT's media/social media person.

Sheli Sanders ran the score tracker updates on the Cups. & Select events.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Aly Akers was the BPT's media/social media person.

Sheli Sanders ran the score tracker updates on the Cups. & Select events.

I'll stick with Sheli...

[Linked Image]

You'll can have Aly... Dan

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GMTK

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:08 PM

This. All day long. The few pros I have talked to said this was the #1 selling point and don't forget the veteran angler who did a very good video on the entry fees (Paul Elias maybe?).

I wish all the tours well, promote bass fishing and get a younger generation off the video games on on the water.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:47 PM

Personally couldn't care less. However to say it wasn't a selling point is comical. Makes me wonder if you ever actually watched a BPT tournament the first year. Conservation and no entry fees were the two bullet points that the commentators hit on coming out of every break. Every angler was instructed to highlight those points in literally every single interview they did the first year. Every article published highlighted the no entry fee tournaments. I have no idea what the original "plan" was. I just know what the original reality was. And no entry fees was their #1 or #2 selling point the first year. When an organization abandons one of their main selling points people may discuss it from time to time. No surprise there.
Posted By: 9094

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 12:59 PM

They were to have entry fees originally, then Kroenke got involved and they were told there would be no entry fees for 3 years. IF by then they had enough sponsors to continue to the no entry fee they would. If not the fishermen would start paying fees.
The anglers all thought they could make fishing as popular as golf and get a big TV contract. What they really learned was that fishing is just that fishing. And will never be a major player in TV sports.
I imagine that Kroenke feels like he was sold a load of BS as he lost a lot of money on the deal.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:35 PM

the only thing for sure is if its not a good thing for kroenke his money will go away.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Personally couldn't care less. However to say it wasn't a selling point is comical. Makes me wonder if you ever actually watched a BPT tournament the first year. Conservation and no entry fees were the two bullet points that the commentators hit on coming out of every break. Every angler was instructed to highlight those points in literally every single interview they did the first year. Every article published highlighted the no entry fee tournaments. I have no idea what the original "plan" was. I just know what the original reality was. And no entry fees was their #1 or #2 selling point the first year. When an organization abandons one of their main selling points people may discuss it from time to time. No surprise there.

We are talking about 2 different things. Josh claimed no entry fees was a selling point to get anglers to leave BASS and join BPT. That simply isn't true. But you are absolutely correct that after they voted to not have entry fees. Then that was a huge selling point they used publicly to advertise the trail.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 02:01 PM

The anglers had a choice of no entry fees, they did not have a choice when they implemented the entry fees.
Posted By: Matt Houston

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 03:35 PM

They are all big boys. If they are unhappy, they can go somewhere else. I like BASS better, but BPT is something different and fun to watch also. I dont understand why a lot of ya'll are constantly butt hurt over something that is none of your business. These guys are not stupid, they know what they are doing. If you want to complain, complain about how you are effected as a consumer. For instance, Marty makes me want to jab pencils in my ears.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 03:48 PM

Lol. I don't know if I would go as far as jamming pencils in my ears. But he is horrible. I really can't stand any of the announcers

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 03:58 PM

We are talking about 2 different things. Josh claimed no entry fees was a selling point to get anglers to leave BASS and join BPT. That simply isn't true. But you are absolutely correct that after they voted to not have entry fees. Then that was a huge selling point they used publicly to advertise the trail.[/quote]

Bro you make no sense. So the guys came over and then no entry fees became a selling point? To who? The selling point to get the anglers over was a promise of no entry fees. There would be no point of advertising no entry if they already had the commitments.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 04:15 PM

We are talking about 2 different things. Josh claimed no entry fees was a selling point to get anglers to leave BASS and join BPT. That simply isn't true. But you are absolutely correct that after they voted to not have entry fees. Then that was a huge selling point they used publicly to advertise the trail.

Bro you make no sense. So the guys came over and then no entry fees became a selling point? To who? The selling point to get the anglers over was a promise of no entry fees. There would be no point of advertising no entry if they already had the commitments.
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense. The original plan was to have entry fees. After everyone committed they voted no entry fees. It wasn't a selling point to the anglers. But once they decided no entry fees it was a selling point in their marketing to the public. Just like no livewells was part of their marketing

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 04:21 PM

It makes perfect sense. The original plan was to have entry fees. After everyone committed they voted no entry fees. It wasn't a selling point to the anglers. But once they decided no entry fees it was a selling point in their marketing to the public. Just like no livewells was part of their marketing[/quote]

Why would they need to sell it to the public?

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 04:22 PM

Dubee is correct, the no entry fee came about AFTER the guys left BASS.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 04:53 PM

It makes perfect sense. The original plan was to have entry fees. After everyone committed they voted no entry fees. It wasn't a selling point to the anglers. But once they decided no entry fees it was a selling point in their marketing to the public. Just like no livewells was part of their marketing

[/quote]

They didn't "need" to sell it to the public. But they decided to make that part of their marketing. I didn't say it was good marketing.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Houston
T... I dont understand why a lot of ya'll are constantly butt hurt over something that is none of your business. These guys are not stupid, they know what they are doing.

And you also have to remember serious bass fishermen aren't their target audience... They're out to get the "Lonely Housewives" who watch all the dribble they call "reality TV"... Dan

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
Originally Posted by Brent S
What do the elites pay per tournament?

Same podcast they said $5,000 per, same as NPFL

4. Prize Money and Qualifying Terms

Bass Pro Tour Event Payout:

1st $100,000
2nd $45,000
3rd $38,000
4th $32,000
5th $30,000
6th $26,000
7th $23,000
8th $21,000
9th $19,000
10th $16,000
11th-40th $10,000
41st-80th $3,741
Daily Big Bass $1,000
Overall Big Bass $1,000
Total Event Payout: $806,640

Last place guy in the BPT gets $3741.00 so what does the last place guy in BASS get? confused 3

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 05:06 PM

Last place guy in the BPT gets $3741.00 so what does the last place guy in BASS get? confused 3

A big dose of reality... Dan

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 05:27 PM

It makes perfect sense. The original plan was to have entry fees. After everyone committed they voted no entry fees. It wasn't a selling point to the anglers. But once they decided no entry fees it was a selling point in their marketing to the public. Just like no livewells was part of their marketing[/quote]

[/quote]

They didn't "need" to sell it to the public. But they decided to make that part of their marketing. I didn't say it was good marketing. [/quote]

Lol, fair enough. I guess I can agree with you on that one. If that is the case it was not good marketing.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/27/21 07:34 PM

A big dose of reality... Dan

roflmao that was a great answer!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 12:07 AM

major league fishing pros get 4-6 1/2 hours of TV coverage every week...a huge increase over what they previously received from BASS.....TV coverage equals value to their sponsors and money in the pockets of pro fishermen...

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap
major league fishing pros get 4-6 1/2 hours of TV coverage every week...a huge increase over what they previously received from BASS.....TV coverage equals value to their sponsors and money in the pockets of pro fishermen...

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn’t mean squat if nobody is watching.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 12:55 AM

To bad they are not allowed to wear their own jerseys and use their own boats to show off those sponsors like they are in BASS.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

To bad they are not allowed to wear their own jerseys and use their own boats to show off those sponsors like they are in BASS.

They do wear their own jerseys and use their own boats in BPT tournaments
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 02:21 AM

I sure do miss Big O and the Honey Hole song...
Posted By: pchapin

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 04:18 AM

If the entry fee is $5,700 that is $456,000 entry fees for each BPT event. The payout for each BPT event is $806,640. 176.89% payout. The Red Crest is $746,000 with no entry fee.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin
If the entry fee is $5,700 that is $456,000 entry fees for each BPT event. The payout for each BPT event is $806,640. 176.89% payout. The Red Crest is $746,000 with no entry fee.

Plus the 4 no entry fee cups

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 01:03 PM

when you are being shown 6 1/2 hours nationwide on outdoor,sportsman and CBS sports channel,you can bet hundreds of thousands are watching.....this exposure dwarfs the 1000 or so who show up for a BASS weigh-in plus they don't have to deal with couple hundred spectator boats crowding them while fishing or raping their spots soon as they leave for weigh-in....

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 02:07 PM

when you are being shown 6 1/2 hours nationwide on outdoor,sportsman and CBS sports channel,you can bet hundreds of thousands are watching.....this exposure dwarfs the 1000 or so who show up for a BASS weigh-in plus they don't have to deal with couple hundred spectator boats crowding them while fishing or raping their spots soon as they leave for weigh-in....

Yeah I don’t know, but I’d say that last day at Fork had a pretty high viewing number. On your second point, I believe that helped to sway many of the guys decisions to leave BASS, many are anti-fan friendly. Guys like Ish had complained about that for years. Then you have the guys like Swindle and Ike who love the fans. I bet the non-primadonna guys at BASS don’t mind the fans cheering them on. The smart guy wants the fans, for their social media platform, the idiot guy is banking on winnings and sponsors. Unfortunately for that guy, the market has changed and if you need proof, look at this googan crowd.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 02:39 PM

Yeah I don’t know, but I’d say that last day at Fork had a pretty high viewing number. On your second point, I believe that helped to sway many of the guys decisions to leave BASS, many are anti-fan friendly. Guys like Ish had complained about that for years. Then you have the guys like Swindle and Ike who love the fans. I bet the non-primadonna guys at BASS don’t mind the fans cheering them on. The smart guy wants the fans, for their social media platform, the idiot guy is banking on winnings and sponsors. Unfortunately for that guy, the market has changed and if you need proof, look at this googan crowd.

Your last sentence says it all. Change is inevitable, but change is what a lot don't like so they become bitter about it. Just watch the fishing or watch the fishing you like and move on. It's hard to understand the lines drawn in the sand over professional fishing.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 02:51 PM

you are assuming some bass fishermen are not fan friendly and that is simply not true....most fishermen want to fish a tournament that is not affected by fan behavior....you would never consider allowing fans onto the field during a football or baseball game and yet that is exactly what happens during major bass tournaments and the outcome of almost every bass tournament has been affected to some extent by spectator boats either crowding around contestants or fishing their spots before or after them...
by fishing lakes unannounced,MLF has vastly improved this aspect of tourny fishing...the only downside is depriving a weigh-in crowd of seeing contestants dump fish on the scales.....
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 05:27 PM

Hundreds of thousands per week watching BPT? I guess it’s possible

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Kalishek

That number is severely exaggerated.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 06:27 PM

MLF has 5 hours of TV coverage this weekend on the Outdoor channel which is a nationwide TV channel.....out of curiousity,I googled the number of viewers for major league fishing.....according to google they are the #1 ranked outdoor show and on one day (Dec. 13,2020) they had 1.8 million viewers.....keep in mind the population of this country is 332 million so 100,000 viewers is not a big percentage....also....woth high school and college fishing showing huge growth,TV audiences are bound to increase as more families become involved....
lot of people criticize boyd duckett for starting MLF,my prediction is that 10 years from now he will be credited with growing the sport to where a lot more people can make a good living fishing copmpetitively...
and if our lakes continue to be overcrowded, he may also be viewed as the guy who made fishing too popular....

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 06:43 PM

roflmao beartrap=delusional

TV is dieing and they have hung their entire business on TV, that is fact, not made up. (Like the BPT viewing numbers)
Posted By: 206champion

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/28/21 10:47 PM

You may be right about that but I don’t watch hardly any of the shows prerecorded it is old news I don’t care to watch it if I know who won . It’s boring.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 12:23 AM

Watching someone else is boring also... Dan
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 12:37 AM

https://bassanglermag.com/mlf-is-the-most-watched-fishing-show-on-tv/

They are long way from 1.3 million. This article says 97k viewers average in their anchor spot on Outdoor Network

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 01:33 AM

How do you know this?

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 01:37 PM

How do you know this?

I don't. But I figured if we are just throwing stuff out there to see if it sticks, I might as well throw mine in there. My statement is no more true or false than his was. If we want to get down to the honest truth, there isn't really any of us that truly know anything about what is going on and who is watching, who isn't watching, who is pissed, who isn't pissed. We are all just throwing out opinions and seeing what sticks. I think those numbers are inflated. "Hundreds of thousands"? Come on. Bass fishing isn't that big if a deal in the overall grand scheme of things.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 02:39 PM

... How do you know this?

Originally Posted by Dean Coleman

They are long way from 1.3 million. This article says 97k viewers average in their anchor spot on Outdoor Network

Pretty much lays it all out there... Dan

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 03:07 PM

And that’s probably with every one of their employees playing it on every device that they own.
Posted By: Bassmaster150

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 03:19 PM

Well I think you have to read the article a little closer....and I don't have a dog in this hunt because I watch them both....but the article states the following:

Major League Fishing has averaged 97,000 viewing households in just its anchor time period on Outdoor Channel

Then it goes on to state the following:

With more than 1,300 combined hours of television coverage, Major League Fishing, which airs on cable partners: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network, Discovery Channel and CBS Sports, has accounted for a staggering 86% of all viewership of competitive bass fishing programs on cable television during the past four quarters (Q3 2019 to Q2 2020)

They never give any numbers from the other stations that it is broadcast on...but they do have a lot of coverage on a weekly basis. What that means, I don't know and really don't care. I record both brands and watch both brands. They are both different, but they are both also fun to watch...well for Bassmasters it is fun to watch when Zona is hosting :-)

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/29/21 10:10 PM

I see Jesse Wiggins is fishing the BASS open today on Pickwick and not practicing on Travis. Be interesting to see if he stays at Pickwick if he makes the top ten.

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/30/21 03:18 AM

The 97k is just viewers on 1 channel, correct? I don't care either way- I enjoy them both, I just don't think they are fudging numbers.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/30/21 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I see Jesse Wiggins is fishing the BASS open today on Pickwick and not practicing on Travis. Be interesting to see if he stays at Pickwick if he makes the top ten.

I think he leaves Pickwick and drives straight to Lake Travis this evening.

I believe he's the man on Smith Lake. The 2nd to last Open of the year is on Smith Lake. I'm assuming he's fishing all the Opens in that division to make sure he's eligible for the Classic when/if he wins there on Smith.

His little brother is in the Top 10 right now. I believe he'll be fishing the 2021 Classic through the Team division.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: BPT Entry Fees - 04/30/21 10:19 AM

How do you know this?

I don't. But I figured if we are just throwing stuff out there to see if it sticks, I might as well throw mine in there. My statement is no more true or false than his was. If we want to get down to the honest truth, there isn't really any of us that truly know anything about what is going on and who is watching, who isn't watching, who is pissed, who isn't pissed. We are all just throwing out opinions and seeing what sticks. I think those numbers are inflated. "Hundreds of thousands"? Come on. Bass fishing isn't that big if a deal in the overall grand scheme of things.

When MLF notes TV viewership numbers they are using Nielsen ratings to validate the data. No one's inflating numbers. Both BASS and MLF use Nielsen data. And lastly MLF knows who's watching, when they're watching, how long they're watching and where they're watching. Sports properties aren't in the dark in 2021.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum