Texas Fishing Forum

Lake the pines vegetation

Posted By: Fish docter

Lake the pines vegetation - 04/25/21 01:41 AM

Is there any fishable grass or lillies on pines? I went today and found nothing. Beat the banks with spinners, chatterbaits and shaky head. I had zero bites. I’d imagine they’re finicky from this last cold snap
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 04:07 PM

I was upset when I went a few weeks ago and seen the condition the lake was in. The lillies wont show up until probably june this year. They just now showed up over the past 3 days on Martin.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 06:02 PM

We hit the 155 bridge area, the water intake at the boat lane south and the northern shore boat lane on Friday. Only found scattered grass on the shallow points and near islands. Most of the good stuff is out of the water because of winter pool IMO.

Yesterday down south only found patchy submerged grass that was in its infancy.
Posted By: george Greider

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 10:41 PM

Fished there last Saturday the 25th,found no vegetation mid lake . But every windblown point with laydowns had lots of bass. And the wind was strong.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton
We hit the 155 bridge area, the water intake at the boat lane south and the northern shore boat lane on Friday. Only found scattered grass on the shallow points and near islands. Most of the good stuff is out of the water because of winter pool IMO.

Winter pool? The lake is 6 inches above full pool

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 11:32 PM

I’ve only fished it a hand full of times and every time the lake was flooded. I’m a bank beater so I’m used to fishing grass, brush and lay downs.. never seemed to have luck on clean banks.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/26/21 11:56 PM

No. The days of Willow point and north up to 259 bridge loaded with hydrilla is over with.

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/27/21 12:02 AM

Pintail, that’s a sad deal. My best time at pines was burning spinner baits on top of hydrilla and wore them slap out. I’m lost without cover lol
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/27/21 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by David Burton

Winter pool? The lake is 6 inches above full pool

It was 229.05 that 1 foot to May 1 pool at 230 means a lot of shallow vegetation is dry.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 04:30 PM

Found tons of grass last time inwas out there.
Posted By: H&H

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 05:40 PM

I had 14-10 in the BFL few weeks ago first time on the lake. Got limited practice because all the lighting but had the bite to at least come in 3rd, didnt get to go north where all grass is or was but it was a fun lake, enjoyed it and hope i will get to go back.

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
No. The days of Willow point and north up to 259 bridge loaded with hydrilla is over with.

Your the second person that i heard about willow point i didn't see it on the map. But im going to look again or try and figure it out another way lol. I guess head up lake and look for willow tress on a point. heard it was a good place to catch a big bag.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by wjg
Originally Posted by Pintail711

Your the second person that i heard about willow point i didn't see it on the map. But im going to look again or try and figure it out another way lol. I guess head up lake and look for willow tress on a point. heard it was a good place to catch a big bag.

Willow point is not on the maps. Shoot me a PM and I'll show you... But it ain't worth the time anymore honestly

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 11:26 PM

I’m new here today on this forum what’s a pm
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Lake the pines vegetation - 04/30/21 11:32 PM

Welcome aboard. Pm is a private message. Tap on your screen name for drop down.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum