Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma

Posted By: wild bill

Texoma - 04/21/21 08:33 PM

Just got back from TPand W office in Tyler where I tried to buy Texoma license.. I am over the age limit (65) SO dont have to buy.
but if I go to Oklahoma and launch my boat there I WILL have to buy a Oklahoma Fishing License and the Texoma license..right??
But IF I launch in Texas I am okay to drive to Oklahoma and fish there..
and now to figure out where to fish on that big pond... been nearly 35 years since I was there.. Hope that brush pile is still there!
wild bill
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 08:42 PM

I'd call an okie gw but I'm fairly certain that if you fish oklahoma regardless of where you launch you'll need that texoma license. There ain't much water in Texas either.
Posted By: TWINCITY

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 09:04 PM

I think if you fish the big water from a boat you have to have a Texoma fishing license.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 09:10 PM

If you cross the red river channel you have to have an OK or Texoma License unless they are saying you don't past 65. If the 65 thing is true than I am guessing (but I would find out for sure) that you are good to go anywhere on the lake. Plenty of good fishing this side of the RR channel.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TWINCITY
I think if you fish the big water from a boat you have to have a Texoma fishing license.

Wrong. Texoma license covers you no matter where you fish or launch on Texoma. You can also just fish on the Texas side with a Texas license. Same in Oklahoma just be sure you know where the river channel is. You can also fish both sides of the lake with a Texas and Oklahoma license and no Texoma license.
Posted By: DNewt

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 09:41 PM

The Texoma license is only somewhere around $15 and it's good for a full year
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by DNewt
The Texoma license is only somewhere around $15 and it's good for a full year

$12 and expires Dec 31 I believe...……

Just buy the license and don't sweat it.
Posted By: shadtank

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 10:01 PM

What duck hunter said
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Texoma - 04/21/21 11:06 PM

I just hope that brush pile is still there I caught several nice ones out of it 35-40 years ago. can some one check it for me?? I am over the 65 hill and aint worried to much>>!

wild bill
Posted By: irbf

Re: Texoma - 04/22/21 12:53 AM

If you are over 65, Oklahoma does not require license for Oklahoma or Texas residents. Reciprocal agreement.
Posted By: triton37

Re: Texoma - 04/22/21 01:43 AM

You are correct. No license needed.
Posted By: ClarkC

Re: Texoma - 04/22/21 02:28 AM

Its almost like they were trying to hide it on the last page of their regulations.This is page 10. If you only made it to page 6 you will probably think you need a Texoma license.
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/Magazine/2020_2021_Regulations/
[Linked Image]
Posted By: KYBluefan

Re: Texoma - 04/23/21 12:08 AM

Wow. My oldest boy just turned 16 so it looks like he needs a Texoma license now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum