Waswandering if this is a private lake. Or open to public. Any help appreciated
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/17/21 06:16 PM

private
Posted By: 361V

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/17/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
private
Yep. I live outside Glen Rose. Wish it was public. Go on down to the next town & fish the little lake in Meridian State Park. That’s where all the TPWD Share-A-Lunkers get released. stir
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
private
Yep. I live outside Glen Rose. Wish it was public. Go on down to the next town & fish the little lake in Meridian State Park. That’s where all the TPWD Share-A-Lunkers get released. stir

went one time, nice looking lake but only caught one or 2 dinks. i seen a pic of a 12 lber being caught out there
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 03:43 PM

You talking about the one they fish on honey hole show occasionally, I think its rough creek lodge? The are supposed to build a new lake at some point in Bosque county northwest of Meridian.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
You talking about the one they fish on honey hole show occasionally, I think its rough creek lodge? The are supposed to build a new lake at some point in Bosque county northwest of Meridian.

Rough creek is in Glen Rose. The op was asking about Walnut Springs. It is a private lake
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 04:08 PM

hmmm Never remember seeing a lake driving through Walnut Springs
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
private

went one time, nice looking lake but only caught one or 2 dinks. i seen a pic of a 12 lber being caught out there

It was a great little lake in the 90's and early 2000's, then like so many other places the word got out and it got hammered.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
private

It was a great little lake in the 90's and early 2000's, then like so many other places the word got out and it got hammered.

Went to The state park today. We caught around 40 and all but 2 were dinks. We did manage a 5.80 lb and another that went 3.00 on my scales.. Pretty lake.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/19/21 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
hmmm Never remember seeing a lake driving through Walnut Springs

It's a small private lake. I wouldn't expect you to see it driving through town
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/20/21 12:51 AM

Thanks for info and response
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Walnut springs lake - 04/20/21 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

It's a small private lake. I wouldn't expect you to see it driving through town

Why would he ask if it were public here, there are soil conservation lakes everywhere.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum