Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17

Posted By: aggietom04

Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/14/21 08:48 PM

Where would you be Saturday on the lake after Friday's predicted rain, cool front and north winds? Expect stained / muddy waters? Keep the lure selection loud and bright colors?

Was hoping to stay on the west and south side up in the coves and fingers. Staying protected from the wind, find some grass to filter the water and hope the water temp doesn't change too much and move the ladies off the beds.
Posted By: TXGar89

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/14/21 09:14 PM

Plenty of beds everywhere last weekend and clearer water than expected. There should be enough wind protected pockets to sight fish. As usual it will be crowded
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/14/21 09:30 PM

It will be tough to see them with the forecast expected...that being said, I'll be there. McFarland made a good point that a lot of "deeper" beds are getting overlooked. I would use more natural colors to change it up from the what most people are throwing (just my 2 cents)...Chartreuse is never a bad color to accent them... I am hoping the fishing will be good...especially the bed fishing. Good luck to you sir!
Posted By: GROD

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 01:25 AM

Group of 8-10 of us have had a trip planned for my buddy birthday since pre-covid... had to cancel last year but we are going thursday -Sunday this week... of course rain and chilly weather comes... we have some guides booked for Friday,Saturday, Sunday... I’m going down Thursday to fish and figure most guides dont fish in rain, but I don’t care.. I’m fishing friday... don’t get to fish fork much... not a big sight fisherman so where some areas to go to for little murky water this time of year. Bringing my boat down...
Posted By: neill10

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by GROD
Group of 8-10 of us have had a trip planned for my buddy birthday since pre-covid... had to cancel last year but we are going thursday -Sunday this week... of course rain and chilly weather comes... we have some guides booked for Friday,Saturday, Sunday... I’m going down Thursday to fish and figure most guides dont fish in rain, but I don’t care.. I’m fishing friday... don’t get to fish fork much... not a big sight fisherman so where some areas to go to for little murky water this time of year. Bringing my boat down...

I got friday evening open, I don't bed fish. Just message me if I needed.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 02:53 PM

Spent a few days there this week....best advice I can give you is to keep moving if you are not seeing fish or getting bit.
They are so grouped up either bedding or coming and going. You can catch all the 2-3lb fish you want all over the lake. I never saw anything over 6lbs. The bigger fish are super spooky. I really could not get any post spawners to fire either.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 03:20 PM

I had an business appointment in Quitman yesterday afternoon and stopped by the lake afterward to just look around. I would go way up Little Caney towards Alligator Bridge. You can thank me later. roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by GROD

Sounds like a blast. Enjoy your company and hope you guys catch some monsters.
Posted By: Jake S.

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
I had an business appointment in Quitman yesterday afternoon and stopped by the lake afterward to just look around. I would go way up Little Caney towards Alligator Bridge. You can thank me later. roflmao

So this is pretty much what I figured out last weekend. I saw a few beds mid Little Caney out and went into Glade and they were everywhere. I am not sure they have moved up mid lake yet. What do you think?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Fork - Saturday 4/17 - 04/15/21 05:57 PM

Saw bass from bridge moving up the creek.. gar, carp, bass... all headed north. Lots of activity, wished I was fishing. Just looking from bank. Haven't fished the lake in months.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum