Texas Fishing Forum

Best fishing line?

Posted By: Crick

Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:12 PM

Looking for the best fishing line with no memory?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:15 PM

There is no best. It is personal opinion and you will get a lot of different opinions

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:40 PM

So what do you use?
Posted By: P_102

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:43 PM

No memory = braid.
Posted By: TTx

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:46 PM

P-Line Fluoroclear, it’s a copolymer and is my general “do all” line I prefer it for moving baits. Seaguar InvizX for Texas rig and C-rig leader. Power Pro for braided applications.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:54 PM

Braid - Power Pro
Fluoro - Sunline Sniper Fc or Seaguar invizx
Mono - Berkley Big game

Side note: if you are learning to use a bait caster and lashing a lot I would recommend Big game...it’s cheap.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 08:56 PM

Tatsu
Posted By: TTx

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Tatsu

Might need to consult my financial advisor before buying Tatsu. Mortgage refinance rates are pretty good, so I may be able to get 200 yards.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:06 PM

Berkley Trilene 100% Fluoro professional grade
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by TTx
Originally Posted by Ranger1
Tatsu

Might need to consult my financial advisor before buying Tatsu. Mortgage refinance rates are pretty good, so I may be able to get 200 yards.

roflmao
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:22 PM

Truth be known, if Berkley Big Game and Power Pro braid were the only lines available, the number of bass NOT caught by any/all of us would be insignificant.
Posted By: Sawyer S

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:31 PM

Topwaters - pline original

Frogs and Punching - powerpro

Everything else - seaguar invizx or fc sniper

I don't think there is any line that has no memory but braid has the least.
Posted By: Moonshadow

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:31 PM

Power pro super 8 slick aqua green 30 lb. test braid with seguar invizx 12 lb. leader.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Crick
So what do you use?

My rods with mono- big game
Fluoro- trilene 100%
Braid- power pro
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:54 PM

I know guides and other sticks that have Won 3-4 Champs tourneys that use still use mono. I use all of the above. Mine are strung just like Dubee has his string! Line game is crazy!
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 09:57 PM

I would also like say that Jimmy Houston High seas Grand Slam is really good line for spinning rods if you don’t want to mess with a leader on braid! Sure tough stuff!
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 10:27 PM

I use powerpro and suffix braid, like them both.

Most of my reels are spooled with seaguar red label. I'm a huge fan of the red label. Its really tough and it handles well.

I haven't used mono at all in the last 10 years.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 10:53 PM

I use Big Game on mono applications, Seaguar Red Label or Invisx for flouro, Power Pro for braid. Use a little KVD line conditionerror on all of them, it makes a difference.
Posted By: Skeeter0524

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 11:13 PM

If you’re looking for inexpensive and very little to no memory than I will suggest McCoys mean green. It is a co-poly and You should look on eBay and grab one of the 600 to 1000 yard spools for about $23.00. I use mostly sniper but I do have a few rods with this in the clear. It performs well and has no memory for a long time. It’s extrusion process actually fuses silicon into the line to prevent water intrusion. This is what causes memory (the constant drying out of moisture). This is why you hear all these guys talk about using Kvd line conditioner. It’s just silicon but it works on all lines to extend their life and performance. McCoys has it built in but I will still put kvd on it.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 11:21 PM

I've been using invisx, but honestly, that line has a ton of stretch to it. I'm going to give abrazx a try next and see if it's better.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 11:25 PM

berkley big game in 10/12/15 and 20# on all but 2 reels, won some copolymer but don't remember what it is.
have one garcia 6500 c3 with 65# braid but seldom use it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/13/21 11:50 PM

Big game all day on every rod save 1 which has power pro braid
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 12:28 AM

P-line premium clear fluorescent. Best line ever made.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Braid - Power Pro
Mono - Berkley Big game

Side note: if you are learning to use a bait caster and lashing a lot I would recommend Big game...it’s cheap.

This^^^
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 01:07 AM

I believe he said NO MEMORY. Big Game has a ton of memory.

T Line by Mason has the least memory of any line that I have used in over 40 years of fishing. It is a monofilament line. Ande is another good line that is made in Germany.
PLine CX premium is a copolymer that doesn't have much memory. McCoys Mean green is another good copolymer line. Strong with not much memory.

I don't have issues with lines that have memory because I balance the pound test line with the technique I am fishing and I also don't use spinning equipment much. When I do use a spinning reel I have it spooled with braid.

What I use most is PLine CXX for super strength, Invizx for my fluorocarbon line and Suffix 832 for my braid.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Braid - Power Pro
Mono - Berkley Big game

If you are backlashing a lot you need to get you a Daiwa Tatula SV TW. You can set up that reel to make a long cast and never thumb the spool without backlashing. It is what I use to teach someone how to use a baitcaster. Awesome reel for cast control.
Posted By: davidsears

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
berkley big game in 10/12/15 and 20# on all but 2 reels, won some copolymer but don't remember what it is.
have one garcia 6500 c3 with 65# braid but seldom use it.

Originally Posted by WAWI
Big game all day on every rod save 1 which has power pro braid

For all the Berkley Big Game mono users I have a question. Do you think Berkley has improved Big Game mono over the past 30 years or do you think it is the same line that you bought 15 to 30 years ago?
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 02:22 PM

Mono - Trilene XT 12lb Low Vis Green - I use this on my moving baits.
Flouro - Berkley Vanish - I have had a lot of issues in the past with other flourocarbon lines and this is the one that hasn't failed me. I use this for T-rigs and Jigs, and as a leader on my spinning rod.
Braid - X9 in Low Vis Green - Carolina Rig Rod 65lb and 15lb on my spinning rod.

May not be the best but it is what works for me personally.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 02:33 PM

Different strokes for different folks, some can afford Tatsu and some can afford Big Game.

Tatsu is the best for suppleness, Gama and 100% Trilene are the two toughest lines, IMO
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 02:48 PM

Been using the McCoys CoPolymer line for years on rigs not using braid and is great line.
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 04:12 PM

McCoys Moss Green. I used to use Berkely Trilene & Big Game. Tried the Mccoys, love it. It's reasonably priced & has been around for a long time, good stuff, you should try it.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 04:26 PM

I used to say Abraisx by Seagar. I was about to make my annual order, but it's gone up considerably. I'm going to be getting something else.
Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 04:33 PM

Mono- Big Game
Flouro - Sunline Sniper or Seaguar Abraisx
Braid - Seaguar Smackdown
Posted By: riverwolf

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 04:48 PM

Big Game mono no question
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 04:59 PM

This makes my head hurt. I think maybe line is a subject fisherman overthink.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 06:00 PM

Sufix Siege
Posted By: pinetree

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 07:17 PM

Big fan of Sunline Defier but kinda pricey if you keep your line fresh. I typically buy 1 lb spools of Mason and am pleased. I run Power Pro braid on a few reels as well.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 08:46 PM

Thanks Guys, I have forgot a lot of the line, need to go back to the basic and try some again, Happy Fishing.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 10:19 PM

FIns Windtamer
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/14/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter0524
If you’re looking for inexpensive and very little to no memory than I will suggest McCoys mean green. It is a co-poly and You should look on eBay and grab one of the 600 to 1000 yard spools for about $23.00. I use mostly sniper but I do have a few rods with this in the clear. It performs well and has no memory for a long time. It’s extrusion process actually fuses silicon into the line to prevent water intrusion. This is what causes memory (the constant drying out of moisture). This is why you hear all these guys talk about using Kvd line conditioner. It’s just silicon but it works on all lines to extend their life and performance. McCoys has it built in but I will still put kvd on it.

Originally Posted by TBassYates
Been using the McCoys CoPolymer line for years on rigs not using braid and is great line.

McCoys on everything except spinning gear, I like Yellow Sufix Performance Braid and McCoys for leader. I keep wanting to spend more money and have more issues and find proof I catch more and bigger fish with InvisibleSniperTatsuAbasXXX. I just ain't that talented.

I have cemented in my head that I don't tie good enuf knots, my spit isn't slippery enuf, and the first blowed up reel I get will be the second I get settled in and the water looks lovely.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/15/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by riverwolf
Big Game mono no question

There are a lot better lines than Big Game mono if you are looking for less memory and strength. McCoys Mean Green is one of them. Big Game is good for the price but you will have to deal with the memory unless you change it alot.

Re: Best fishing line? - 04/15/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Z
Sufix Siege

That stuff stretches like a rubber band.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum