Texas Fishing Forum

help w bait id

Posted By: gut hooked

help w bait id - 04/12/21 07:57 PM

i saw that scott martin was throwing an electric blue square bill in the dirty water on the Sabine. if anyone can ID the bait I would appreciate it. It looked pretty cool and caught fish for sure.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: help w bait id - 04/12/21 08:12 PM

His sponsors are Googan and Catch Co. You might look on ShopKarls.com and maybe you can find it there. He used to have Live Target as a sponsor and may still use some of those.

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by SAKS
His sponsors are Googan and Catch Co. You might look on ShopKarls.com and maybe you can find it there. He used to have Live Target as a sponsor and may still use some of those.

Thanks buddy....looking now
Posted By: David Burton

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 05:39 AM

I pulled a screen-shot from the video. That looks custom to me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 10:38 AM

Looked like an old BDS series lucky craft someone painted
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 02:24 PM

That looks like an old Gandy color.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by gut hooked

After seeing the pic that was posted it is a very unique color. I got curious also and checked and Catch Co Bubonic Bugz has a color called Blue Bug that seems similar. The bait posted looks brighter where the web is more matte it seems. Can't say if it is the same. Good luck hunting it down.

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by gut hooked

After seeing the pic that was posted it is a very unique color. I got curious also and checked and Catch Co Bubonic Bugz has a color called Blue Bug that seems similar. The bait posted looks brighter where the web is more matte it seems. Can't say if it is the same. Good luck hunting it down.

this is why I love this forum. Nice work boys. I believe it is a custom color. I found a guy who does it out of Georgia.

It was cool to see, especially given the muddy water he was fishing.

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton
I pulled a screen-shot from the video. That looks custom to me.
[Linked Image]

nice work, sir. that's the one.
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 06:49 PM

Guy Hooked give us the contact information

Re: help w bait id - 04/13/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barbers Tree
Guy Hooked give us the contact information

Bigbassbaits.net
Posted By: David Burton

Re: help w bait id - 04/14/21 01:23 AM

Why not take a look at the building lures sub-forum and see if someone local will paint you up a batch?

Re: help w bait id - 04/14/21 02:57 AM

Good call. I will.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum