Texas Fishing Forum

Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back

Posted By: greenen

Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 11:55 AM

Really wanted to go yesterday but knew it would be jackassery all over the ramp. I was right. [Linked Image]
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 12:25 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 12:27 PM

Drove by grapevine around 3:00 yesterday, looked like the 4th of july
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 12:45 PM

It's spring and April on a new moon in Texas. What did you expect?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
It's spring and April on a new moon in Texas. What did you expect?

thumb
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 12:58 PM

Wasn’t too bad at Huntsville State Park yesterday outside of dealing with kids in paddle boats and canoes.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 01:28 PM

I've already witnessed someone drive their truck into the lake and another group try and launch a brand new baja at a 45 degree angle with only the prop in the water. They finally backed far enough to get it off and the driver proceeded to run it up through some shallow rocks lol.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bad93ex
Wasn’t too bad at Huntsville State Park yesterday outside of dealing with kids in paddle boats and canoes.

There was also a drunk dude on a pool noodle swimming in front of the ramp.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 01:53 PM

Went to The Lew yesterday. Ramp was interesting in afternoon. Saw a jet ski guy have to lift his trailer to get it straight on the ramp. Another wake boat forgot to unhook the bow but the wrench was loose, so the bow strap completely unwound. Gotta love the spring.
Looks like limited weekend fishing for me.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 01:57 PM

some monday morning funnies on the ramp.

Posted By: iFloat

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:07 PM

If you have some time... hop on youtube and check out "Miami boat ramps". Some very relatable moments captured on film.
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:08 PM

Yep. Sneaks up on me every year until I realize - We are there.
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:12 PM

Bass fishermen are not to be left out of this conversation... It seems many need an update on how to not take up TWO spaces in the parking lot. This is something I've noticed more and more of this year. Take the time to straighten your truck and trailer...We are all in a hurry to get out on the lake, but this is something that is a common courtesy to others... drives me insane!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:23 PM

I went sunday evening and the lot was empty as everyone had gone home for the weekend. I mean empty my truck and trailer is the only one in the parking lot, I'm loading up as its dark and some @ssclown in a pontoon shows up to night fish and I watch them park so close to my truck trailer you can't fit a sheet of paper between the two. Idiot season for sure.
Posted By: markson

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:42 PM

The good "old" days of 2018 - 10am at Decker Lake, had the whole lake to myself - probably never happen again

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by markson
The good "old" days of 2018 - 10am at Decker Lake, had the whole lake to myself - probably never happen again

[Linked Image]

I was at Decker in January and it was exactly like that,
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by greenen

I missed that but I did have some kids run out in front of my truck as I was pulling out of the water.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by markson

[Linked Image]

I was at Decker in January and it was exactly like that,

Yup still like that when it's cold, which is the best time.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by greenen

I missed that but I did have some kids run out in front of my truck as I was pulling out of the water.

Best one I have was a bunch of kids swimming at the ramp, didn't want to crank big motor with so many in the water around the courtesy dock so used the trolling motor and I had one kid swimming up trying to grab the trolling motor shaft, he was clueless he was about to get chopped. I gave him a tongue lashing, he said he was just wanting to help me tie up... darwin award winner. Thought about calling the local PD to get the pool party cleared out of there but figure they had better things to do.
Posted By: Dbrit83

Re: Spring Boat Ramp Days Are Back - 04/12/21 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by metalruch1
Bass fishermen are not to be left out of this conversation... It seems many need an update on how to not take up TWO spaces in the parking lot. This is something I've noticed more and more of this year. Take the time to straighten your truck and trailer...We are all in a hurry to get out on the lake, but this is something that is a common courtesy to others... drives me insane!

And turn off your lights when backing down / unloading when dark!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum