Texas Fishing Forum

skeeter graph help!!

Posted By: hopefullythisworks

skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 12:18 AM

I installed a graph at my bow on my 2012 skeeter zx200. The power wire that I used was the same power wire that ran the factory humminbird 798, humminbird 999, helix 12, and now a helix 12 and lowrance elite ti2. After the install everything worked great while idling, I then opened the throttle and the power to both graphs shut off. I know that my lowrance units both work up front and neither works at the console, and that my helix 12 does not power up at the console any longer. I am unable to find a fuse. Any advice on where one might be located? I have looked everywhere. after this fiasco I am ordering parts to install dedicated wiring to each graph now, but would like to know because I am curious.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 02:10 PM

I know a lot of guys run off of a fuse block. I run #12 wire directly to the battery from each unit. Never had a problem
Posted By: David Burton

Re: skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 07:44 PM

Check the Master Power switch and make sure you have a good tight connection on everything at your battery. The new graphs use a lot more power than the old. They also have more effective switching and power management for low power situations. I agree that an upgrade in wiring is your best bet because the distribution power on boats is massively undersized for today's applications. Another thing to check is your battery. If you aren't running a newer group 31, you might want to upgrade.

As to the fuse, you should have a fuse panel on the inside of your starboard rod box or below the console where the master power wire distributes to all accessory wires. It is a bladed fuse box, and you probably blew a 5 amp fuse in there.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 07:49 PM

Does the old wire run directly to the battery? I've heard with newer high powered graphs you need to do this, can't just patch into a wire that other things are pulling from as well like you could with the older smaller graphs.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Does the old wire run directly to the battery? I've heard with newer high powered graphs you need to do this, can't just patch into a wire that other things are pulling from as well like you could with the older smaller graphs.

If it is factory wiring as I suspect based on his description, it will run through the distribution hub/boat power switch at the helm via a fuse block.
Posted By: hopefullythisworks

Re: skeeter graph help!! - 04/11/21 11:47 PM

after getting up at dawn and searching this morning found it. someone before me had zip tied the above the aluminum bracing on the console. You couldn't see them and the wires were taught but I started cutting zip ties. now everything has been labeled. thank you guys so much for responding. truthfully i feel a bit foolish! thanks so much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum