Texas Fishing Forum

Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir?

Posted By: dk2429

Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 03:28 PM

Just stopped by Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir on my way to Fort Worth just to put an eye on it. Never been to it, beautiful lake! What’s the consensus on it? Good to fish?
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 04:33 PM

Has been good to me in the past, but more often than not it fishes like a mud hole.

How was the water level? It was bad low for a long time which made me stop going out there.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 04:42 PM

Check the water level, if its low it sucks
Posted By: Fishin' Rocket

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 05:00 PM

Full pool was lowered a couple years ago so it stays a lot lower than it used to in the past. I used to have great days flipping reeds on that lake years ago but now they are all in inches of water and not near as fun to fish. The fish are still there they just live in different places.

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 06:38 PM

Looked good to me

Attached picture E733BE85-A58E-442B-BE14-6A6911A6CDBB.jpeg
Attached picture F73C3D40-9905-40D9-B16A-670EAD15D3BE.jpeg
Attached picture 07F596CC-8A80-4316-B886-CA852F6B18B0.jpeg
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/09/21 07:30 PM

the lake has a lot of fish in it but the problem is there is no cover which makes them tough to catch. as others have said when its low its sucks which its always low since the idiots running the lake keep it 2 foot low now. the lake is probably 3-4 foot low now. a few of my buddies have taken a few trips this year and have struggled. its one of my favorite lakes and i havent even fished it this year if that tells u something

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/10/21 01:49 AM

If one would want to give it a shot in the near future, is the lake easy to navigate or are there areas not to run?

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/10/21 03:25 AM

[quote=dk2429]If one would want to give it a shot in the near future, is the lake easy to navigate or are there areas not to run?

very easy a few shallow points that come out into the lake. if anyone is driving over a hour to fish this lake you need ur head examined

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/10/21 07:02 AM

Weill in southeast Houston... bout 3hrs lol
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/10/21 01:10 PM

I live 20 minutes from it and I don't go there any more. I would not tell anyone to drive for any amount of time to fish it, go some place else. Like said they kept the water so low.. Great for Cat fishing.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/10/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
if anyone is driving over a hour to fish this lake you need ur head examined

yep loco

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/11/21 01:12 AM

Interesting.. I thought it was a good lake
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/11/21 01:47 AM

Maybe your confusing it with another lake??

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/11/21 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lee Finlay
Maybe your confusing it with another lake??

No sir... Honey Hole TV did some videos there... TPWD rates it as an awesome bass lake.. lots of YouTube videos of people hanging NICE fish out of there. I don’t know, interesting y’all have a different opinion

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/11/21 03:38 AM

Not doubting what y’all are saying by the way, I’ll take y’all’s word for it. I did see that they stopped the power plant so it’s not a hot water lake any more, maybe that contributes to the poor fishing these days

I guess I should have figured that if it was a good lake then there would be more threads about it on here. It looked like it had a lot of potential. Oh well, I may try it someday for the hell of it

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir? - 04/13/21 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Not doubting what y’all are saying by the way, I’ll take y’all’s word for it. I did see that they stopped the power plant so it’s not a hot water lake any more, maybe that contributes to the poor fishing these days

I guess I should have figured that if it was a good lake then there would be more threads about it on here. It looked like it had a lot of potential. Oh well, I may try it someday for the hell of it

for me the fishing got better when they quit generating. them lowering
the lake level 2 foot is what killed it. 2 foot makes a huge impact when all the cover was in 3 foot of water. hopefully in about 5 years the cattails will take on the new lower lake level
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum