Texas Fishing Forum

Hawkins Choked Out

Posted By: Zach Starling

Hawkins Choked Out - 04/04/21 11:43 PM

Is it true Hawkins has gotten choked out by milfoil? Been trying to get a buddy to go out there with me but apparently it's gotten pretty bad?
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/04/21 11:49 PM

Must be the only lake in Texas they haven't sprayed.

Yet
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/05/21 01:06 AM

When can we go? I need 3 days to find the Big Bass under the grass.
Posted By: RyanLaw

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/05/21 02:05 AM

Super choked out. I was there yesterday. Some areas are nearly matted already.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/05/21 02:19 AM

That lake sucks. Good luck. Grass up north is dead. Must have been the freeze. Grass down south is alive and well.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/05/21 02:59 PM

I live in Hawkins and fish the lake often. Yes, the milfoil is thick! But don't let FTT fool you. It has some good fish in it. Its a very fickle lake. Ive had 25 fish days with a 6 pounder in a 4 hour trip and gone out the next day and zeroed. It can be tough.
Posted By: DWade001

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/06/21 04:24 PM

Went yesterday caught some good fish. Talk with another person who had caught a seven pounder. I fish the lake a couple times a week. Yes it can be a tuff lake. But there are some nice fish in it. Don’t let the milfoil scare u away.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/06/21 04:27 PM

One of the healthiest lakes I’ve ever seen. It’s mostly smaller fish though and the worst petrified stumps (sometimes with rebar hammered into them) just under the water in every cove.
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: Hawkins Choked Out - 04/06/21 10:06 PM

Fished it for years in the tawakoni bass club I know what's in the lake for sure some giants. Was hoping it wasn't like someone made it seem on Instagram. They made it seem like it was unfishable almost.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum