Mega Bass From Fork

Posted By: KenTx1962

Mega Bass From Fork - 03/30/21 02:39 PM

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/30/21 04:32 PM

thumb
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/30/21 06:37 PM

Ok i watched the video and noticed that he didn't have the boat 3 foot from shore with his trolling motor kicking a rooster tail of mud up behind him. So apparently either he is doing it wrong or half the people i saw at the mega bass are wrong. Because i watched boat after boat just chewing up what little grass there was in foot deep water and not catching a thing. I was on a spot and had caught 13 fish and couldn't get the size i was looking for. I was about 15 to eighteen feet from shore in 3 feet of water. The boats behind me were no more that 6 feet from shore just chewing it up and pitching weeds that were in no more than an inch of water. I came back to the spot later in the day and it was so muddy you couldn't even fish it. You could see the dirt rolling in the water.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/30/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by captain-kilroy
Ok i watched the video and noticed that he didn't have the boat 3 foot from shore with his trolling motor kicking a rooster tail of mud up behind him. So apparently either he is doing it wrong or half the people i saw at the mega bass are wrong. Because i watched boat after boat just chewing up what little grass there was in foot deep water and not catching a thing. I was on a spot and had caught 13 fish and couldn't get the size i was looking for. I was about 15 to eighteen feet from shore in 3 feet of water. The boats behind me were no more that 6 feet from shore just chewing it up and pitching weeds that were in no more than an inch of water. I came back to the spot later in the day and it was so muddy you couldn't even fish it. You could see the dirt rolling in the water.

All of my bites, which wasn't a lot, came inside the grass lines in less than a foot of water

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/30/21 08:57 PM

But was your boat in less than one foot of water? Thats my real point. Why drive through the beds that might be in one foot of water. I love to fish shallow, I just don't see why guys can't pitch or flip a few feet. They were more or less doodlesocking the beds.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/31/21 12:14 AM

Neat video. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/31/21 02:02 PM

Great video Ken! Hope Grady put those new rods to good use.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/31/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by captain-kilroy

All of my bites, which wasn't a lot, came inside the grass lines in less than a foot of water

During the MLF BPT tourney Cliff Crochet was up in the really shallows, kicking up a trail of mud, and he only caught a couple under 2 pounds.

I kept thinking why was he doing it when on occasion he had to pull his TM up to continue. confused 3

Re: Mega Bass From Fork - 03/31/21 06:27 PM

That's what I am talking about. I know big fish will get shallow, but fishing shallow and boating shallow are two different things to me. lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum