Texas Fishing Forum

Fiberglass Repair Shop

Posted By: kford

Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 02:34 PM

I had a bad Saturday and need to find a repair shop. I have an older Champion, so the shop will need to be able to work on the transom as well. I live in the San Antonio area but will travel for the right shop. Please let me know of any recommendations you might have. Thanks
Posted By: davidsears

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 04:11 PM

Classic Fiberglass in Sanger, Tx. Chris McClain is on the forum. I know that's a long drive for you, but I have a 2002 Champion and Chris did a fantastic job on 12" spider cracks on the top cap. Multi color matching and a unusual color: gold, black pinstriping, and a sand. I was devastated when I saw those cracks, but now you would never know they were there. Good luck on your repair.
Posted By: tx2step

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 05:03 PM

Steve in Seguin is the best.830-660-5410
Posted By: tricky

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 08:20 PM

If you have serious damage, I would make the drive to Classic. Chris is just a great guy, been doing it for a long time.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 08:55 PM

Classic for the win
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 10:35 PM

George at South Texas Boat Works!!! Only dude you should even consider

May we ask what happened? Im curious
Posted By: Neches

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/30/21 10:56 PM

Marine Clean in Nacogdoches are Champion experts. Check them out on FB or their website
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/31/21 01:26 AM

Agreed- Marine Clean for champion rebuild. Check them out on FB.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/31/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by davidsears
Classic Fiberglass in Sanger, Tx. Chris McClain is on the forum. I know that's a long drive for you, but I have a 2002 Champion and Chris did a fantastic job on 12" spider cracks on the top cap. Multi color matching and a unusual color: gold, black pinstriping, and a sand. I was devastated when I saw those cracks, but now you would never know they were there. Good luck on your repair.
Posted By: cg203

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/31/21 02:11 PM

Johnson Fiberglass in burleson did an amazing job on my 98 champion 203 a few years ago.
Posted By: SC 210

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/31/21 02:13 PM

I have my brand new falcon with Mike at Lake Fork Fiberglass and he is great. When you pick it up you could fish fork.
Posted By: Fishin' Rocket

Re: Fiberglass Repair Shop - 03/31/21 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Neches
Marine Clean in Nacogdoches are Champion experts. Check them out on FB or their website

Yep, Just had a buddy get his Champion back from them after they did a rebuild on the transom, stringers and floor. They did a great job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum