Texas Fishing Forum

sealy big bass tournaments

Posted By: captain-kilroy

sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 02:39 AM

Has any one ever fished one? Are they pretty well run? How would you compare it to mega bass?
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 09:50 AM

It’s a [censored] show
Posted By: hopalong

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 12:02 PM

search mcdonalds big bass on here, that used to be what they were called.

fished the fork one 2 times, won't again. too many dangerous boaters on the water for those for some reason, last one idiot pulled out in front of me while I was running 65 in main boat lane, I was on his right. missed his stern by about 2' doin about 40 since I was tryin to slow, partner flipped me off and then would not come in my boat to "finish it". never been that mad at another boater and they had not a clue how close we came to a really bad wreck.

happens every time on fork, not sure if it is the boat lanes and rooky combo or what but the morons show up for all of em, few yrs. back someone ran over another boat and killed the driver, think it was in williams creek.

won't catch me on the water that weekend and I have a place at fork.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 12:41 PM

Big events even for Rayburn and Toledo.
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 12:49 PM

I fished the Fork one last year. A lot of people fishing, but I didn’t have any problems. Bob Sealy talks way to much, but other than that it wasn’t bad
Posted By: june-bug

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 02:25 PM

They are very well run. Me and some friends fish the one on Toledo every year and always look forward to it and enjoy it. It's a fun deal all the way around.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 02:29 PM

I once fished the one on Fork every year, there are lots of boats, but I never had a problem. Just have to be very careful. Brandon was correct what he said about Sealy. Sunday afternoon at the closing event (where they give away a boat and other door prizes) takes forever. The last two years I fished the tournament, I didn't go to the Sunday event.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 05:00 PM

I've fished Fork about 3 times and once at Rayburn. Yes there is a lot of traffic on the lake when the tournament is there. But you can't blame stupid behavior on any tournament,
It even happens when there is no tournaments.

As far as big "hourly" tournaments go it is just as well run as all of the others like the Legend, Bass Champs run Mega Bass and Berkley, Skeeters Owners and yes the Sealy events. And they all pay really well.

Just pay attention and read the rules before you start out as they are not the same.
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 05:30 PM

Cool, I was thinking about fishing the one at rayburn. I figured with it being a bigger lake it might not be so crowded as fork. I don't mind the crowds, but five boats on every spot does get kinda old.
Posted By: Hog hunter #1

Re: sealy big bass tournaments - 03/30/21 11:53 PM

Its a good time and damn good folks that run it. There are not many days that Rayburn isn't swamp with boats.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum