Texas Fishing Forum

Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet

Posted By: tx6158

Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 01:28 AM

Anyone know of a fiberglass boat that is made without carpet? Maybe sea deck or something similar.
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 01:32 AM

Ranger intercoastal. That Xpress that guys on the elites is freaking sweet. Not sure if it comes that way or not.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 01:38 AM

If you go through Ken Smith boat review videos I remember a couple of them you could get it as an option, I think Falcon was one of those and a couple of them its standard in the floor but not the deck, I remember Vexus was that way. Honestly it looks like no carpet is where the industry is going.
Posted By: pinetree

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 02:15 AM

Sold my fiberglass a while back got an aluminum, the no carpet part was a big reason. It’s got the textured kinda like a truck bed floor. I trashed it on Saturday launching off the bank with mud and just sprayed it off when I got home. I think a fiberglass with no carpet would be sweet but I do miss that cushy feel.
Posted By: tx6158

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 02:25 AM

Is the aluminum with bedliner type material loud to fish in. My all aluminum boat with carpet is loud. Kid dropping pliers etc

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by tx6158
Is the aluminum with bedliner type material loud to fish in. My all aluminum boat with carpet is loud. Kid dropping pliers etc

Not really any quieter than aluminum with no spray on bedliner. Problem is its hot as Hades in the summer, put it in a bass buster and wish we never would have done it.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 03:06 AM

I believe falcon and ranger are the only ones that will do the whole boat without carpet right now. Most all will do the cockpit area without carpet. That's besides aluminum. Yes, the xpress was loud when closing lids but you could add weather strip or something to make it quieter pretty easy it looked like

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 03:09 AM

I'm watching the replay of MLF on Sam Rayburn today and they guys in Blazers also have it in the cockpit.
Posted By: pinetree

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 03:11 AM

I haven’t really noticed anything unusual, I’m actually pretty serious about trying to be quiet while fishing in the spring. I have only had adults in the boat though.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Outdoor Therapy
Ranger intercoastal. That Xpress that guys on the elites is freaking sweet. Not sure if it comes that way or not.

Buddy has one of these and I was super impressed when I fished out of it a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they are still making it, but they should be.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 12:10 PM

Sounds like the sea deck material isn’t made to hold up in the sun or something, since it’s not being used very much on the decks.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Sounds like the sea deck material isn’t made to hold up in the sun or something, since it’s not being used very much on the decks.

The lower console area is a catch-all for everything. That area is the worst for keeping clean. The front and rear decks, not so much. May be why it’s only being used (mostly) in the lower floor area.
Posted By: justme1581

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 12:35 PM

Not sure if they are still in business, but STORM boats had a textured floor vice carpet option...had a lot of good reviews on the boat, almost bought one..
Posted By: jon doe

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 01:41 PM

https://www.facebook.com/customboatflooring.net/ There are a lot of guide boats on Texoma with this floor installed. very good product.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 06:18 PM

The guys at Duck River Marine have been restoring older bass boats and put sea deck instead of carpet. Check them out on facebook.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/22/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by jon doe
https://www.facebook.com/customboatflooring.net/ There are a lot of guide boats on Texoma with this floor installed. very good product.

That looks the same as this https://www.safefloorla.com/
Posted By: Roadracer

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/24/21 02:36 AM

2003 Ranger Cayman, 22’.

70Mph, 23P Fury, 250 ProXS 4S, 10” Bob’s Jackplate

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Fiberglass Bass Boat without carpet - 03/24/21 03:07 PM

with the bedliner type the good its easier to clean the bad is when you tie rods down on the deck it vibrates the small screws out of reels an give them the rub rash an it you step on a rod with carpet in the boat it might not break if you step on it with the bed liner type it will break an the softer sea deck option is 1400.00 to 1800.00 more than carpet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum