Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: EagleFish

Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 12:51 AM

What’s the water temperature? What’s the lake level? Any bass fishing results?
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 01:44 AM

It was 59 in the coves on Saturday.

The lake is about 4" low. https://www.lakelevels.info/USA/Texas/

It was tougher than fried hoot owl Saturday. Other fishermen told me the same thing on the way out.

Good luck!
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pitdad
......It was tougher than fried hoot owl Saturday......

Now THAT is tough! roflmao
Posted By: buda13

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 12:01 PM

Anywhere from 53 to 61 depending on how much gas you wanted to burn. The local hammers had a tournament Saturday, 2 bags over 24 lbs. A TON of boats out there Saturday, everyone I talked to was ready to go to a different lake. LOL. Also more Nitro boats than I can remember seeing in a day around here... the US Open must have folks fired up!
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 12:11 PM

It’s fishing tough for big bites imo.
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 12:36 PM

I have some friends there now, first two days they say it's as tough as they have ever seen it and they know the lake well and have fished it alot of years. Typical Raybob, she don't like March much usually.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 12:49 PM

I went last week before the front came through and truly felt like she was about ready to bust loose, had 6 bites that afternoon.

Now it seems this front has really shut them down and put the lake back on it's normal April-May spawn cycle for a majority of the fish.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 02:25 PM

We did extremely well on Friday. Fished a new pattern and surprisingly it paid off. The water temps were around 55-57 where we spent most of our time. The wind was a factor for sure.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 02:37 PM

55-57 for me too. I fished a couple of ours on Saturday and only caught 2 small fish. I saw one big fish boated but catching was pretty tough. I was on a mission to run my boat that had been sitting and then to check some areas that I have caught spawning fish in years past. I saw one male cruising but no beds yet. The big fish I saw boated was in one of the spawning areas but she was not on a bed. If we can get some warmer nights and get the water consistently to the 60s, oh and then get the crowds to go fish somewhere else and lighten the pressure a bit grin it should get better in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 02:53 PM

I finally made it out Sunday for the first time since early fall. I found water from 52-63. I spent more time looking around and playing with my new electronics. I did manage to catch five. Fished ranged from ghost white that just pulled up and one with a belly full of eggs ready to do her thing.

I look forward to get back at it after being out of commission since then. Lake should be ready to fire with the upcoming full moon.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 02:55 PM

Caught 3 Friday in about 10 fow, one of which went almost 8. Temps were mid 50’s.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 02:59 PM

We caught 14. All keepers.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 03:07 PM

Do you still have to buy ramp pass online if putting in at Jordan?
Posted By: Big Sumo

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 03:09 PM

No you do not. They have the pay box open up.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 03:19 PM

What is the cost to luanch?

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 03:20 PM

We fished Eagle Mountain and it was tough on Saturday as well. Thank you for the link.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 04:22 PM

what's it cost to launch at buck and jordan both now days?
Posted By: Big Sumo

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 04:28 PM

$7 per person unless you have the state park pass. then you just write your number down on the form.
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/22/21 08:54 PM

I fished Saturday and found 62 degrees in the afternoon up in IDB. I managed five fish but feel like most fish are behind schedule. It doesn't look like the weather this week will do us any favors either. Hard to believe the amount and degree of cold fronts that have hit Texas so far in 2021.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 01:59 PM

Has anyone been on the water at Ray Roberts early this week?

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 02:01 PM

We got massive rain last night, not sure what it will do for temps but usually rain like that muddies up Buck Creek pretty good.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 02:21 PM

Water was too clear anyways lol
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 02:23 PM

Just need it to get three feet high again.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

luckily for the first time in a couple years its not going to do that. Id rather watch haircuts then fish flooded bushes with 300 other boats on roberts.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Water was too clear anyways lol

True! I was in Pilot Point Saturday and could see at least two feet down if not more. It is usually pretty stained in there.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 03:55 PM

luckily for the first time in a couple years its not going to do that. Id rather watch haircuts then fish flooded bushes with 300 other boats on roberts.

Boy ain't that the truth
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

Boy ain't that the truth

I agree. Stable water will help the small amount of grass that's left, too.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SmalljawNH
Originally Posted by Ranger1

Boy ain't that the truth

I agree. Stable water will help the small amount of grass that's left, too.

I'm headed that way tomorrow, where is that grass located so I can check on it to see how it's doing? roflmao

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by kscatman76

I'm headed that way tomorrow, where is that grass located so I can check on it to see how it's doing? roflmao

We found some grass...but not all alive in the back of Johnson Branch Friday. It wasn't anything to bank on a pattern though.
Posted By: boatfisher

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/23/21 10:54 PM

Got out for the first time this year today. Out from 11 AM to about 1:30. Wind made it difficult to go out on main lake. Went to a protected cove and landed two buck bass. Water temps were about 54 degrees where I fished.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/24/21 02:48 PM

Any other folks been out early this week on Ray Roberts?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 12:48 AM

Water Data for Texas says -0.15 right now.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 04:25 AM

We fished this afternoon with no bites. Super tough

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 12:35 PM

kscatman76 - That's not what I'm wanting to hear. Going there tomorrow for just some fun fishing. I know there is a Media event on Roberts Saturday.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 01:17 PM

If you want the fish...look at the secondary points going into coves...that's about the best information I can give you. They're staging right now for this upcoming full moon / warm up.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 01:30 PM

Anyone catching any crappie by accident?? I get one day to fish over the next few weeks and that's tomorrow. If my wife and I can't catch any bass we may switch over to trying for some crappie and we'll stay shallow if anyone has caught one while bass fishing.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:01 PM

For everyone who does not want to flip bushes, sorry about that. The two rains we have gotten this week have been big! Guessing water is up a foot at least since Saturday.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
For everyone who does not want to flip bushes, sorry about that. The two rains we have gotten this week have been big! Guessing water is up a foot at least since Saturday.

hahaha...I love all the typical RayBob "slight of hand" posts with 3 large tournaments coming up on the lake over the next 4 weeks. The lake has only come up maybe 3" in the last week and even if you go back a month, its come up a little over 6"
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:17 PM

What's wrong with flipping bushes?

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by B52

Just makes It easier for people who don't have a clue to get lucky on any given stretch of bushes for no reason at all. If you want a completely level playing field that's def one way to get it done this time of year on that lake. I don't think its going to do it though thank goodness. Lake is still tech below full pool. May come up another 6 inches or so but then it should be on track for our first full spring without a flood in several years!

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

hahaha...I love all the typical RayBob "slight of hand" posts with 3 large tournaments coming up on the lake over the next 4 weeks. The lake has only come up maybe 3" in the last week and even if you go back a month, its come up a little over 6"

The lake is still below full pool roflmao

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:47 PM

I am not fishing any of those tournaments. I live out there and cross it every day going to work and back. The last two rains have been intense and water color has changed and from a little spot I watch off of one of the bridges, the water has risen since last Saturday. It is not to the point the debris is coming down from Gainesville yet but we are getting there. It is the end of March before a full moon with water temps in the upper 50s everyone knows where to look for fish. No secrets really this time of year. Good luck to everyone fishing tournaments and fun fishing, hope someone catches a huge one!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by B52

Just makes It easier for people who don't have a clue to get lucky on any given stretch of bushes for no reason at all. If you want a completely level playing field that's def one way to get it done this time of year on that lake. I don't think its going to do it though thank goodness. Lake is still tech below full pool. May come up another 6 inches or so but then it should be on track for our first full spring without a flood in several years!

So you are saying the 31 hole is on

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by B52

windmill

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 03:09 PM

The lake is still below full pool roflmao

Yep! Guessing maybe it gets to a couple of inches high over the next 2 days at the most. Gonna be really interesting out there over the next 3-4 weeks.

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/25/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by B52

windmill

Red Barn
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/26/21 12:35 AM

Flip bushes = you lose
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: Ray Roberts - 03/26/21 03:37 AM

http://rayroberts.uslakes.info/Level/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum