Update from Pickwick

Posted By: Big O Florida

Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 12:05 AM

Posted By: Chris B

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 12:51 AM

Day two is postponed.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 01:08 AM

the lake isn't supposed to be below flood stage until Monday.. it might wait a week!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham
the lake isn't supposed to be below flood stage until Monday.. it might wait a week!

I am thinking this event might get moved to the August make up date.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 01:25 PM

FLORENCE, Ala. — After increased current caused by severe weather and high sustained west-southwest winds forced the postponement of Day 1 of the Guaranteed Rate Bassmaster Elite at Pickwick Lake on Thursday, B.A.S.S. officials announced that Friday’s planned competition would also be postponed.

Tournament staff is working in conjunction with the Tennessee Valley Authority, National Weather Service and other agencies to monitor flooding conditions, water flow and potential floating debris to ensure that the event resumes safely.

Competition is expected to start Saturday morning at 6:45 a.m. CT when a full field of 100 anglers launches onto Pickwick Lake. Daily weigh-ins will be held at 3 p.m.

B.A.S.S. is working alongside local officials to determine if a new venue is needed for takeoffs and weigh-ins after McFarland Park, the original ramp and weigh-in venue for the tournament, was evacuated mid-morning on Thursday due to flooding.

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 07:48 PM

Looks like they are starting tomorrow now and still fishing four days. Will John Cox be there? Guess we will see in the morning.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 08:21 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/walk-across-wilson-dam

Add bad as the pics look, be assured that there are more 5# smallmouth in the first three hundred yards below that dam than you could ever fit in your livewell.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 08:48 PM

MFL would fish it... dance2
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Looks like they are starting tomorrow now and still fishing four days. Will John Cox be there? Guess we will see in the morning.

Had to drop Cox off my BASS Fantasy Team. Too much risk on what he does. I would think if he makes the Final day he would fish BASS but who knows.

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/19/21 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

Had to drop Cox off my BASS Fantasy Team. Too much risk on what he does. I would think if he makes the Final day he would fish BASS but who knows.

Don't blame you. This tournament is pretty much wide open.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/20/21 02:33 AM

Always better to be safe than sorry! thumb
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Update from Pickwick - 03/20/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

Looks like you made the right decision, he’s showing zero on Basstrack. He might not have fished at all
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum