Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/17/21 11:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:03 AM

Well... When ya gotta brag... What are you hiding???... Dan

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:08 AM

Well Dan, the truth will set you free. Its hard to lie about it when you put it out for everyone to see.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:10 AM

Don’t confuse BOF with the facts...which of course, he will say are fabrications or bright shiny objects.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Well... When ya gotta brag... What are you hiding???... Dan

I believe that is considered advertising.....
Posted By: Big O Florida

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:13 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:21 AM

You are suggesting they made it up? Time to put up or shut up big o.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
You are suggesting they made it up? Time to put up or shut up big o.

So you’re suggesting Big O needs to directly compete with MLF for viewership? loco

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mudman63
Don’t confuse BOF with the facts...which of course, he will say are fabrications or bright shiny objects.

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
[Linked Image]

Called my shot...
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:41 AM

I'm going to give you an example of a statistic that purposely doesn't tell you the whole truth, yet looks good on a shiny flier so that most people just briefly look it over and believe whatever the hell it tells them.

And I have to go no further than the image posted to find it:

MLF Toyota series was cut down to 4 divisions this year from 6 divisions last year. You compress the # of anglers in the tournaments and of course the fewer tournaments have more entries. But hey "95% increase in anglers per tournament over last year!"

Extrapolate this to pretty much everything out there. #'s may not be "made up," they just can be cherry picked in any way to support any cause/view.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
I'm going to give you an example of a statistic that purposely doesn't tell you the whole truth, yet looks good on a shiny flier so that most people just briefly look it over and believe whatever the hell it tells them.

And I have to go no further than the image posted to find it:

MLF Toyota series was cut down to 4 divisions this year from 6 divisions last year. You compress the # of anglers in the tournaments and of course the fewer tournaments have more entries. But hey "95% increase in anglers per tournament over last year!"

Extrapolate this to pretty much everything out there. #'s may not be "made up," they just can be cherry picked in any way to support any cause/view.

[Linked Image]

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:49 AM

BOF has no clue about statistics. He is only interested in unsubstantiated narratives that fit his narrow viewpoints.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:56 AM

BOF has no clue about statistics. He is only interested in unsubstantiated narratives that fit his narrow viewpoints.

Is that kinda like “damn the torpedoes...FULL SPEED AHEAD!”? roflmao
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:00 AM

Yawn, how many participants tried to get into the JM Open Tournament? Lakes are crowded, boat sales are way up, can’t buy lures at many stores...

Grandbassslayer, are you our new Mark Jones?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:03 AM

Does that marketing splash remind anyone else of those used car dealership advertisements you would see in the Sunday papers? It’s one of those baffle them with [censored] type of ads.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Yawn, how many participants tried to get into the JM Open Tournament? Lakes are crowded, boat sales are way up, can’t buy lures at many stores...

lol you know I have nothing to do with mlf.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:39 AM

Does that marketing splash remind anyone else of those used car dealership advertisements you would see in the Sunday papers? It’s one of those baffle them with [censored] type of ads.

You are the King of Baffled Bull [censored]
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:56 AM

roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:10 AM

cheers

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:13 AM

If you start pimping the “you know what brand of boat”, we might have a situation...

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:16 AM

If you start pimping the “you know what brand of boat”, we might have a situation...

Which brand? I own the poor boy brand...lol

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:19 AM

You know what brand, the one that I was threatened to be banned over on BBC for “if” I ever mention the name again.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:22 AM

You know what brand, the one that I was threatened to be banned over on BBC for “if” I ever mention the name again.

Oh...lol the unmentionable... yes sir I know now!!
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:40 AM

Did Jones change his name to Grandbass??? LOL
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:51 AM

[Linked Image]

You’ve made claims with zero proof your entire time here, and now the predictable happens. Classic.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
[Linked Image]

You’ve made claims with zero proof your entire time here, and now the predictable happens. Classic.

Are you suggesting statistics aren’t routinely manipulated to paint the picture anyone using them to support their sales pitch, want to be displayed? One astute observer already pointed out how they can make a statistic and claim an increase in participation in the Toyota series... I am not the only one who is skeptical, it’s obvious others in the industry are as well.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:46 PM

[Linked Image]

Are you suggesting statistics aren’t routinely manipulated to paint the picture anyone using them to support their sales pitch, want to be displayed? One astute observer already pointed out how they can make a statistic and claim an increase in participation in the Toyota series... I am not the only one who is skeptical, it’s obvious others in the industry are as well.

You made a claim, time to prove it.....
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by McLovin’
Did Jones change his name to Grandbass??? LOL

Yep, mlf can do no wrong.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:06 PM

[Linked Image]

You made a claim, time to prove it.....

Are you really that naive to think these things don’t exist and happen with high frequency? Perhaps you should look into it a little bit; YouTube has been fighting it for years now.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:24 PM

I'm neutral in this debate,got a friend who fishes the elite series so I hope they continue to do well.....but.....here is the big picture.....BASS for 40 years did not grow the sport past eight or ten 30 minute TV shows each year....this produced very little exposure for professional fishermen who need exposure to attract sponsors...In addition the pro fisherman had to fish for their own entry fees and the substantial income from TV,location venue and Classic exhibits went into the pockets of BASS owners.....
Boyd Duckett,Gary Klein and several others started major league fishing several years ago and now they have 800 plus TV hours on 3 networks each year..they have the #1 rated outdoor program ....and....TV,venue and advertiser income is shared by the fishermen......Toro,Luminox,Geico,Academy,U.S. Army,U.S.A.A.,Morton Bldgs.,Bushnell,Old Wisconsin and Federal are new advertisers and are very knowledgeable on measuring the effect of their advertising expenditures....you can bet they did their homework on the effectiveness of advertising on major league fishing....

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
I'm neutral in this debate,got a friend who fishes the elite series so I hope they continue to do well.....but.....here is the big picture.....BASS for 40 years did not grow the sport past eight or ten 30 minute TV shows each year....this produced very little exposure for professional fishermen who need exposure to attract sponsors...In addition the pro fisherman had to fish for their own entry fees and the substantial income from TV,location venue and Classic exhibits went into the pockets of BASS owners.....
Boyd Duckett,Gary Klein and several others started major league fishing several years ago and now they have 800 plus TV hours on 3 networks each year..they have the #1 rated outdoor program ....and....TV,venue and advertiser income is shared by the fishermen......Toro,Luminox,Geico,Academy,U.S. Army,U.S.A.A.,Morton Bldgs.,Bushnell,Old Wisconsin and Federal are new advertisers and are very knowledgeable on measuring the effect of their advertising expenditures....you can bet they did their homework on the effectiveness of advertising on major league fishing....

Too many facts for BOF to digest and comprehend...
Posted By: ssmith

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:03 PM

if the new deal is doing so great why are the fishermen paying entry fees again thought thats what they left bass over.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:11 PM

[Linked Image]

Just pointing out that nothing MLF does will ever be good enough for you. They don’t publish numbers, they’re hiding something. They do publish numbers, they’re manipulating statistics.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:24 PM

who has enough time to spend debunking everything that is said or written?

why does anyone give a rats azz if any of it's true or not?

how will lives be changed?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
who has enough time to spend debunking everything that is said or written?

why does anyone give a rats azz if any of it's true or not?

how will lives be changed?

Logic and proper perspective do not factor into BOF arguments...just blind, irrational, biased opinions based on butthurt.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 03:31 PM

Obviously MLF isn't doing as well as they thought they would, anglers left, they are now paying entry fees. They are still trying to sell themselves for advertising. BASS has improved their platform with live coverage on FOX. MLF made BASS get better so competition made a better product for all of us to enjoy.

If both of them succeed, we get to watch fishing. If Bass and MLF don't succeed, the top level pros that make up maybe 1% of actual tournament anglers, may be out of a job, then they'll come take your money at the local level haha.

None of what MLF or BASS do effect your life, so I don't know why everyone get's all stressed out about it honestly.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 03:34 PM

[Linked Image]

I think everyone knows companies will always put their best foot forward to the public and if they have to manipulate their #'s or claims, they do it. It's business 101. I just enjoy MLF because they live stream it and I like the format for the most part. I enjoy Elites too, when I catch it on tv. I would guess most are like me. I think the competition for viewership and sponsors makes both better and will be better for all the anglers who try to make a living competing at those levels. I know it is a very hard way to make a living and very few do but it's great for those with the desire, have that opportunity. I just wish people weren't so naive when it comes to politics. This is the liberal hand book. Make your lies create a narrative that you can build statistics around to prove it. Have main stream media and big tech help legitimize your lie and enough will believe it. I think both your cartoons are more appropriate for those that are running our country into the ground now instead of nitpicking over how MLF portrays their brand.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 03:39 PM

Did anyone look at the price a tea in China this morning?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
Obviously MLF isn't doing as well as they thought they would, anglers left, they are now paying entry fees. They are still trying to sell themselves for advertising. BASS has improved their platform with live coverage on FOX. MLF made BASS get better so competition made a better product for all of us to enjoy.

If both of them succeed, we get to watch fishing. If Bass and MLF don't succeed, the top level pros that make up maybe 1% of actual tournament anglers, may be out of a job, then they'll come take your money at the local level haha.

None of what MLF or BASS do effect your life, so I don't know why everyone get's all stressed out about it honestly.

beg to differ......what BASS and MLF especially MLF has done is to popularize bass fishing to the point where our lakes are too crowded on weekends.....someone posted that there were over 1,000 tournament boats on guntersville last weekend....not unusual for there to be 300 boat high school tournys on seminole and eufaula each month.....
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 03:47 PM

beg to differ......what BASS and MLF especially MLF has done is to popularize bass fishing to the point where our lakes are too crowded on weekends.....someone posted that there were over 1,000 tournament boats on guntersville last weekend....not unusual for there to be 300 boat high school tournys on seminole and eufaula each month.....

I fished last weekend here in NC and saw no difference on my lakes. You are talking Guntersville in the spring...

COVID has a lot to do with the crowded lakes the past 12 months. Get kids back in school and playing team sports again, things just need to return to normalcy. You will also see an awful lot of used boats enter the market in the next 12 to 24 months.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Did anyone look at the price a tea in China this morning?

now there's something that should concern all of us...……… roflmao

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 04:47 PM

Are you seriously trying to give credit to MLF for growing the sport and in particular tournaments? It’s amazing how most here are totally ignoring the fact that up until 2019 MLF was nothing more than a reality TV show producer, where they created a fictionalized a bass fishing tournament circuit called the “Cups”, and made reoccurring reality TV shows with scripted and highly choreographed storylines to be broadcast on the majority owner of MLF cable channels. Even then, in 2019 when they formed BPT, that was the only legitimate fishing tournament circuit that was affiliated with MLF. And one could argue, the only reason BPT was viewed as legitimate was because MLF lured a bunch of BASS and FLW pros over to fish in it by promising no entry fees, higher payouts, and them also possibly becoming reality TV stars by participation in the Cup’s TV shows. It wasn’t until 2020 when MLF acquired FLW where they had any direct interest in other tournaments and leagues. FLW and BASS are the ones who deserve credit for expanding the sport to where it is today. And one could argue, since MLF acquired FLW it has shrank significantly and concentrated even more. All of those who wisely rejected the MLF invitations (the smart money guys) moved from FLW into the BASS opens and some are still trying to qualify. That’s why they trumpeted John Cox as being a win for them when he agreed to fish BPT in 2021... surely they underestimated John, thinking he would drop the Elites...

Get your history right about MLF... that’s one of the biggest issues with them, they try to portray themselves as everything they are not!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 05:07 PM

Are you seriously trying to give credit to MLF for growing the sport and in particular tournaments? It’s amazing how most here are totally ignoring the fact that up until 2019 MLF was nothing more than a reality TV show producer, where they created a fictionalized a bass fishing tournament circuit called the “Cups”, and made reoccurring reality TV shows with scripted and highly choreographed storylines to be broadcast on the majority owner of MLF cable channels. Even then, in 2019 when they formed BPT, that was the only legitimate fishing tournament circuit that was affiliated with MLF. And one could argue, the only reason BPT was viewed as legitimate was because MLF lured a bunch of BASS and FLW pros over to fish in it by promising no entry fees, higher payouts, and them also possibly becoming reality TV stars by participation in the Cup’s TV shows. It wasn’t until 2020 when MLF acquired FLW where they had any direct interest in other tournaments and leagues. FLW and BASS are the ones who deserve credit for expanding the sport to where it is today. And one could argue, since MLF acquired FLW it has shrank significantly and concentrated even more. All of those who wisely rejected the MLF invitations (the smart money guys) moved from FLW into the BASS opens and some are still trying to qualify. That’s why they trumpeted John Cox as being a win for them when he agreed to fish BPT in 2021... surely they underestimated John, thinking he would drop the Elites...

Get your history right about MLF... that’s one of the biggest issues with them, they try to portray themselves as everything they are not!

The mental health issue in this country is a shame
Posted By: Matt Houston

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 05:28 PM

Can you please explain why you continually claim MLF is a scripted reality show?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Houston
Can you please explain why you continually claim MLF is a scripted reality show?

He is delusional

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 08:15 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 08:28 PM

[Linked Image]

You cannot be that ignorant to think thats what that means.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 08:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Want to bet

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 08:34 PM

At least we know what we are dealing with....lol

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 09:03 PM

At least we know what we are dealing with....lol

I hate breaking that bad news to the believers. I know, I know... it’s hard to get your head around the fact that the WWE isn’t real wrestling either... oh, wait, did I just do it again? Sorry! Thing is, once those magical TV marketing hooks get into the young ones the most gullible may get well into adulthood before coming to the realization they’ve been believing in a myth for many years...

let me help you start a notes to self reminder so you don’t get duped again!

*THINGS MADE FOR TV ARE NOT THE REAL THING!
*MADE FOR TV IS NOT THE SAME AS LIVE In-REAL-TIME BROADCASTS
Posted By: SAKS

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 09:28 PM

[Linked Image]

He is not. Getting exactly what he is wanting. Every single post is pages of the same thing from everyone. He is a troll.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:06 PM

[Linked Image]

Isn't all the footage taken from a BASS event wrapped together and produced for television?

BASS is super dramatic, when an angler loses a fish and falls to the deck and then the dramatic music starts playing and Zona starts his thing?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

[Linked Image]

He is not. Getting exactly what he is wanting. Every single post is pages of the same thing from everyone. He is a troll.

He is 1 of 2 things. He is that stupid and believes what he says and actually thinks he is driving people away from MLF. Or he works for MLF. Because no one on here has turned more people into fans than he has. The bs he comes up with is so stupid he actually helps ratings
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:11 PM

I just dont understand why yall even respond to him. Put him on the ignore list if you cant just scroll on by that way you want see it. The responses are what keeps him here. bang

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
I just dont understand why yall even respond to him. Put him on the ignore list if you cant just scroll on by that way you want see it. The responses are what keeps him here. bang

Yup just used ignore for the 1st time. Thanks!

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher

[Linked Image]

Isn't all the footage taken from a BASS event wrapped together and produced for television?

BASS is super dramatic, when an angler loses a fish and falls to the deck and then the dramatic music starts playing and Zona starts his thing?

Just because something is put on television doesn’t make it produced for television. Live events, or events recorded and rebroadcast that had live in person audiences for any sport is a prime example where results are announced upon conclusion. For instance, in MLB or NFL or a prerecorded event there may be timeouts inserted to allow broadcasting networks to run advertisements (for the purpose of TV) but not interrupt what viewers get to see. That is not the same as what MLF does with its cup events... everyone thus far is focusing on “produced for television” when the most revealing part of the statement preceded that; “shot-in-the-dark” - in other words, no one outside of production is present and no one involved can discuss the events or production surrounding them. Kinda like a, well, TV show, a movie, uh, anything that’s got a plot and a story they don’t want reviled until it is broadcast in full... I am not sure why people have such a hard time accepting this. The disclosure of what they are and do comes directly from MLF, not me.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 10:43 PM

I find it mildly entertaining to troll BOF while I'm stuck working in a hotel room for 30+ days at a time, overseas and away from my dog and girlfriends. Call it comic relief. He is so close-minded it's laughable.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/18/21 11:39 PM

The BASS corporate nutlicker only has two things left on his list today. Almost done....the bigwigs at the home office may have let me know Big deep-throat would complete the list with ease before 9pm.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 97ADFE33-6CCF-42A6-9579-CCAE02568C1D.png
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

[Linked Image]

Want to bet

roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:34 AM

[Linked Image]

He is a Troll, so why is he not gettting another ban?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

[Linked Image]

Can any of you calling me a troll name a single entity that is considered, or expects to be considered a “legitimate competitive sport” that runs any of its events in total secrecy, without any witnesses from the general public, all competitors wear nearly identical uniforms, has a total blackout of information regarding results of competition, and only shows small segments of the events it has over the course of many months before the final results of a single event are disclosed?

You really expect that the MLF “Cups” circuit is to be taken seriously and considered a “professional sporting” event of some sort like other bass fishing tournaments?

I truly want to hear people’s view on this... I am keenly curious how anyone could justify them portraying these types of things anything other than a fictional depiction of a bass fishing tournament.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 12:27 PM

actually the first 2 or 3 bassmaster classics were unintentionally held in almost total secrecy with contestants not knowing where the tournament was going to be held and results not being known to the majority of fishermen for several months.....
for those able to see the big picture, holding a bass tournament unannounced is a great idea for many reasons....it reduces the number of spectator boats which affect the outcome of tournaments and is safer for all concerned,....it also forces the contestants to locate fish on their own and immediately releasing fish greatly increases their survival rate.......
typically those who can't see the big picture are narrow minded individuals who cannot accept change for the better....
Posted By: SAKS

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 12:44 PM

I don't care if they ban him or not. He is just here to get a reaction. Maybe it's always been that way. I don't think he believes all the [censored] he spews out. For example, the first time I seen him call the MLF Cups fake tournament acted out for TV I asked him to justify. He posted a pic of a Lucas Oil Commercial.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 12:53 PM

actually the first 2 or 3 bassmaster classics were unintentionally held in almost total secrecy with contestants not knowing where the tournament was going to be held and results not being known to the majority of fishermen for several months.....
for those able to see the big picture, holding a bass tournament unannounced is a great idea for many reasons....it reduces the number of spectator boats which affect the outcome of tournaments and is safer for all concerned,....it also forces the contestants to locate fish on their own and immediately releasing fish greatly increases their survival rate.......
typically those who can't see the big picture are narrow minded individuals who cannot accept change for the better....

Actually, comparison to a few Bassmasters Classics held in the early 70’s is Apples & Oranges, as (1.) all BASS sanctioned events were not like that and (2.) this was a time before wide spread live sporting events being broadcast on TV, but “sports writers” were invited on the trips and participated in the events like marshals, and then reported on the events in various publications. And (3.) Those few Classics conducted that way were advertised as being the Classic event, and the designation was publicly announced the same time anglers were informed and local fans that learned of it in time often showed up at the venues the event was being held at.

It has nothing to do with change... MLF can put together a fictionalized TV show that’s a portrayal of a bass fishing tournament and sell it off to networks all they want... good for them, but just don’t go around portraying them as being “bonafide bass fishing tournaments” where statistics, winnings, etc... is recorded officially on the anglers records and try to sell it to the public as being something it’s not... like a real bass fishing tournament. They simply are not anything other than a TV show! Just like WWE is an entertainment production, and not real wrestling.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 01:49 PM

I don't care if they ban him or not. He is just here to get a reaction. Maybe it's always been that way. I don't think he believes all the [censored] he spews out. For example, the first time I seen him call the MLF Cups fake tournament acted out for TV I asked him to justify. He posted a pic of a Lucas Oil Commercial.

That's because mr. can't t find his baseball actually thought if he posted that. People wouldn't know what it was and actually believe his nonsense that they aren't real tournaments. No one with more than a single brain cell is going to believe they are scripted and make believe. Just because they are different than what we are use to. Doesn't mean they are fake. But posting the pic from the commercial and what he circled above just shows why I call him Warren

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:03 PM

Can any of you calling me a troll name a single entity that is considered, or expects to be considered a “legitimate competitive sport” that runs any of its events in total secrecy, without any witnesses from the general public, all competitors wear nearly identical uniforms, has a total blackout of information regarding results of competition, and only shows small segments of the events it has over the course of many months before the final results of a single event are disclosed?

You really expect that the MLF “Cups” circuit is to be taken seriously and considered a “professional sporting” event of some sort like other bass fishing tournaments?

I truly want to hear people’s view on this... I am keenly curious how anyone could justify them portraying these types of things anything other than a fictional depiction of a bass fishing tournament.

Why are we even discussing the Cups? Why did you bring the Cup Circuit into this thread?

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:04 PM

Actually, comparison to a few Bassmasters Classics held in the early 70’s is Apples & Oranges, as (1.) all BASS sanctioned events were not like that and (2.) this was a time before wide spread live sporting events being broadcast on TV, but “sports writers” were invited on the trips and participated in the events like marshals, and then reported on the events in various publications. And (3.) Those few Classics conducted that way were advertised as being the Classic event, and the designation was publicly announced the same time anglers were informed and local fans that learned of it in time often showed up at the venues the event was being held at.

It has nothing to do with change... MLF can put together a fictionalized TV show that’s a portrayal of a bass fishing tournament and sell it off to networks all they want... good for them, but just don’t go around portraying them as being “bonafide bass fishing tournaments” where statistics, winnings, etc... is recorded officially on the anglers records and try to sell it to the public as being something it’s not... like a real bass fishing tournament. They simply are not anything other than a TV show! Just like WWE is an entertainment production, and not real wrestling.

Comparing MLF Cups with what MLF is producing today (actual tournaments) is apples and oranges.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:23 PM

Why are we even discussing the Cups? Why did you bring the Cup Circuit into this thread?

I was asked a question in post# 13927666
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 03:38 PM

Things are looking good. I'd like to thank Big O for keeping these posts pinned to the top and 5 pages deep. The numbers couldn't be any better across the board. Congrats to the whole MLF team, it's running like a sewing machine.

Looking forward to Rayburn next week! cheers

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Things are looking good. I'd like to thank Big O for keeping these posts pinned to the top and 5 pages deep. The numbers couldn't be any better across the board. Congrats to the whole MLF team, it's running like a sewing machine.

Looking forward to Rayburn next week! cheers

DOH!!! hammer BOF hammer

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 06:46 PM

Wrong. You brought up Cups and reality TV before you were asked why you keep calling it a scripted reality show. In fact, you were asked that question because you responded to beartrap when he said MLF has grown the sport. You, oddly, brought up the cup circuit. . You’re using the Cups to say MLF hasn’t grown tournament bass fishing, when beartrap never mentioned the Cups circuit and he didn’t even really say that MLF tournaments have grown amateur bass tournaments, but you’re so ate up with MLF that you can’t see that.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...27599/re-mlf-2021-hot-start#Post13927599

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 07:19 PM

Wrong. You brought up Cups and reality TV before you were asked why you keep calling it a scripted reality show. In fact, you were asked that question because you responded to beartrap when he said MLF has grown the sport. You, oddly, brought up the cup circuit. . You’re using the Cups to say MLF hasn’t grown tournament bass fishing, when beartrap never mentioned the Cups circuit and he didn’t even really say that MLF tournaments have grown amateur bass tournaments, but you’re so ate up with MLF that you can’t see that.

Go back and read that again. Given the context of my statement there, your characterization of me “bringing it up” is being disingenuous. I was simply reminding beartrap of MLF’s true beginnings and history and pointing out they have a very short history in the real tournament bass fishing industry... particularly as it relates to his statement suggesting they are growing the sport, e.g. which is implied in the glossy statistical marketing creation of the this OP.

MLF can buy tangible assets in its quest to become something within the bass fishing tournament industry, but it can’t buy a wholesale change and rewrite of the history of the sport (and insert its name) just because they purchased one of the organizations that has been key to this sports growth. Once again, it’s the things MLF says and implies about itself that isn’t true that is the biggest contributor of and gives it the bad image it has earned. Everyone knows FLW was the organization that helped grow things... and truth is, since its purchase by MLF participation has actually diminished and former big names of FLW left them in mass in a quest to join the BASS Elites, which in turn created a tighter concentrated of talent, not expansion.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 07:25 PM

Comparing MLF Cups with what MLF is producing today (actual tournaments) is apples and oranges.

Am I to read your above statement to imply that you, yourself understand and agree that the “MLF Cups” are not a real bonafide bass fishing tournament compared to say, the BPT and former FLW circuits? If so, perhaps you can help convince some of your fellow TFF members of that, and also explain the tooth fairy isn’t real either!

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 08:53 PM

Go back and read that again. Given the context of my statement there, your characterization of me “bringing it up” is being disingenuous. I was simply reminding beartrap of MLF’s true beginnings and history and pointing out they have a very short history in the real tournament bass fishing industry... particularly as it relates to his statement suggesting they are growing the sport, e.g. which is implied in the glossy statistical marketing creation of the this OP.

MLF can buy tangible assets in its quest to become something within the bass fishing tournament industry, but it can’t buy a wholesale change and rewrite of the history of the sport (and insert its name) just because they purchased one of the organizations that has been key to this sports growth. Once again, it’s the things MLF says and implies about itself that isn’t true that is the biggest contributor of and gives it the bad image it has earned. Everyone knows FLW was the organization that helped grow things... and truth is, since its purchase by MLF participation has actually diminished and former big names of FLW left them in mass in a quest to join the BASS Elites, which in turn created a tighter concentrated of talent, not expansion.

Unadulterated drivel.

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 08:56 PM

Am I to read your above statement to imply that you, yourself understand and agree that the “MLF Cups” are not a real bonafide bass fishing tournament compared to say, the BPT and former FLW circuits? If so, perhaps you can help convince some of your fellow TFF members of that, and also explain the tooth fairy isn’t real either!

Show us the proof that Cup events are scripted like WWE, please.

Edit: also show us

-why it matters
-what the cup circuit has to do with BPT growing the sport or Vice versa
-even if the cup circuit was scripted, prove it didn’t grow the sport
-why a bass fishing show can’t grow the sport
-define what growing the sport means, and why the cup circuit didn’t or couldn’t have had an impact on introducing people who didn’t bass fish or care about traditional bass fishing

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 10:37 PM

Duck Hunter you know Warren never has proof. He just makes up outlandish claims and throws them out here. No one believes any of his bs other than his 2 or 3 cheerleaders. They already hated MLF so they will believe anything he says

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 11:05 PM

Duck Hunter you know Warren never has proof. He just makes up outlandish claims and throws them out here. No one believes any of his bs other than his 2 or 3 cheerleaders. They already hated MLF so they will believe anything he says

Makes you wonder who he is, no normal human being would be as crazy as him, he is like.a woman scorned.....maybe an ex duckett employee or something...lol.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog
The BASS corporate nutlicker only has two things left on his list today. Almost done....the bigwigs at the home office may have let me know Big deep-throat would complete the list with ease before 9pm.

[Linked Image]

Not sure what to say as I just spit out my mountain dew. LMAo Weber.

Classic post!

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/19/21 11:28 PM

Makes you wonder who he is, no normal human being would be as crazy as him, he is like.a woman scorned.....maybe an ex duckett employee or something...lol.

He is more like the homeless guy walking down the middle of the street. Hollering, arms flailing and arguing with himself
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/20/21 02:38 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF 2021 HOT START - 03/20/21 04:17 AM

He is more like the homeless guy walking down the middle of the street. Hollering, arms flailing and arguing with himself

He is like the Black Knight. peep

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum