Texas Fishing Forum

Taxidermist recommendations

Posted By: Gilbert M.

Taxidermist recommendations - 03/17/21 04:53 AM

Looking to get a replica of my new PB 12.06. I was thinking lake fork, but any other recommendations.

Thanks
Posted By: Vetbassman

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/17/21 12:28 PM

Sir,
Fin and Bones in Belton (Beltonbanger) provided us with beautiful mounts.
Posted By: skeeter75

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/17/21 11:13 PM

Bryan Russell out of Florida.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/17/21 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter75
Bryan Russell out of Florida.

Does OUTSTANDING work! His number is (904) 716-7048 thumb
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/18/21 02:16 PM

Bev is on 515 between Emory and the Lake.
you will not be sorry if you go there...……….
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/18/21 03:28 PM

Toledo Bend taxidermy is fast and priced right
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/18/21 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vetbassman
Sir,

Bill does great work in a very timely matter
Posted By: SaltyFishin'

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/18/21 08:28 PM

Check out Mickey Bowman in OK. Best way to get ahold of him is via facebook. Reasonable prices and beautiful work.
Posted By: slayer12

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/18/21 09:41 PM

I got Bryan Russell to do mine but I am going on two years I know Covid slowed things down but I am still waiting.
Posted By: tigers5285

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/19/21 12:32 AM

I agree with slayer going on 2 yrs no mount others in the area are getting mounts back in less than a yr during covid with great results. So with all of that said definitely wouldn’t recommend. I assume at this point my deposit is lost money.
Posted By: Fishmounter

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/19/21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by tigers5285
I agree with slayer going on 2 yrs no mount others in the area are getting mounts back in less than a yr during covid with great results. So with all of that said definitely wouldn’t recommend. I assume at this point my deposit is lost money.

Deposit lost? seriously?? Whats your name? Have you called me? Not sure about how things worked in other states but covid sure slowed down my supplies for about 7 months. I mean lets be fair here... I've kept everyone up to date that bothered to call.
Posted By: tugboattim

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/19/21 03:33 PM

I am having Bryan Russell do mine. I know its been a long time but hope it gets done soon. He has always posted amazing pics as he finishes with them.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/19/21 04:45 PM

Check out Fishmount on the TFF. Does great work.

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/21/21 07:01 PM

Give me a call
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/24/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
Originally Posted by Vetbassman
Sir,

Bill does great work in a very timely matter

Thanks guys!! No delays here, been running @ 6 months.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/25/21 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by tigers5285

Oof sounds like the Clay Wagner bobcat mount thread over on texas bowhunter...
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/25/21 10:25 AM

If you want a replica that actually looks like the fish you caught, Bryan is the man. Take good photos and tell him what you want. Well worth the wait.
Posted By: Gilbert M.

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/25/21 02:30 PM

Thanks for the recommendations.

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/27/21 01:29 PM

The guy you quoted (Tiger5385) never has responded to my any of my messages. I don't even know who it is. I've asked repeatedly for him to identify himself.... Crickets.Could just be a competitor or a friend of one stirring the pot. This is how I make a living for the past 45 years, My reputation is everything to me. Am I behind? YES! Covid knocked the [censored] out of my supply chains for 6-7 months which exaserbated the issue. I'm working day,night weekends and holidays to catch up. I'm a straightforward and honest guy. I hate having to come on here and defend myself, but like I said It's my reputation.
I have many hundreds of Happy Texas clients and want to keep it that way. Anybody know who tiger5285 is?
Posted By: tigers5285

Re: Taxidermist recommendations - 03/30/21 08:33 PM

I have responded and talked with Bryan via text. Obviously I am very displeased with the length of time to complete this mount. There is a possibility that he does fantastic work but when going on a yr and half plus without any tangible progress it creates significant doubts about the situation. I believe most places in Texas are still cranking out good work in significantly shorter time frames.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum