Texas Fishing Forum

Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing

Posted By: Jpurdue

Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 10:27 AM

I spent an hour on the phone interviewing Josh Jones last week. Awesome insights into how he's finding and catching these giants. He also commented on some of the controversy and accusations flying around about his recent streak of giant bass in Texas. Josh seems like an awesome person and one heck on an angler. I really enjoyed my discussion with him. I hope you all enjoy the blog post!

https://www.lunkerlore.com/single-post/the-holy-grail-of-big-bass-fishing
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 10:44 AM

Good job on a Excellent Blog! Class act on both ends! Thanks
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 10:53 AM

That was great. It answered a lot of my questions. Kudos to him for figuring that technique out.

I need to retire so I will have the time to dive into it.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 11:23 AM

NIce Article!
Posted By: greenen

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 11:53 AM

Well done.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 11:59 AM

Good read, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: El Senor Gato

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 12:26 PM

Giant bass suspended offshore and weather does not impact the bite. I think Josh read your book! You must have found the validation of a couple of points from your book to be rewarding. Great blog post.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 12:50 PM

thumb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 12:52 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the read. cheers
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 12:56 PM

well done thumb
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 01:09 PM

Great article.
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 01:47 PM

Well done! thumb
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 01:50 PM

great write up.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 03:04 PM

im already not liking what Im reading.....

"One of John’s key findings was that big bass over 7 pounds tend to suspend offshore during the day. If they prowl shallower waters at all, it is often only at night or during the spawn. "

i believe it....suspending in open water is pretty alpha behavior and I can totally see that!

My PB was caught well off a point with a steep slope. I was kayak fishing at the time so saturating places. was stroking a RES deep.....and yup! my fat momma bit me well off the point and likely suspended based on where I remember her hitting! Havent been able to replicate that bite on another giant....i mightve got lucky and am maybe not Jordan Lee prodigy level like I tell myself roflmao

Great article sir. Just got done reading it all
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 04:31 PM

Nice Article. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: ratherBfishin

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 04:47 PM

Very nice article. Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 05:21 PM

Great job, Jpurdue...and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 08:51 PM

Great read. I know striper fishing with live shad, I have caught several big bass out in open water fishing over trees. Usually if I caught more than one I would leave since I was looking for Striper
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LakeForkGroupie
Nice Article. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 10:40 PM

Great article.. looks like everyone should follow Marty this coming Saturday for the Media tourney on Ivie...
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/16/21 11:43 PM

Josh Jones is the really deal. I’ve followed him for a couple weeks now and have to admit I’m impressed. He ain’t hiding secrets, he speaks openly about what he’s doing, something not many people would be willing to share especially considering his success. He is driven, I think he knows 95% of us wouldn’t be willing to do it his way.

Anyway, Josh has it going on! My hats off to him. I admire anyone driven like he is.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 01:20 PM

Good read. I believe the bass are there for a reason. It is not random.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 01:38 PM

Great article Josh!
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 03:55 PM

Kudos to Josh and Josh. Good read and good information.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 05:28 PM

cheers
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 06:28 PM

has he been banned from fishing crappie tournaments?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap

Because he now bass fishes?
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Think he had some strong opinions about crappie masters and they didn't care for it. I read all his stuff, it was something of that nature.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/17/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Think he had some strong opinions about crappie masters and they didn't care for it. I read all his stuff, it was something of that nature.

assume this means his being banned had nothing to do with cheating/rules breaking or crappie masters not allowing live scope.....
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/18/21 01:06 AM

Great article. Lots of takeaways there to build on.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Q&A With Josh Jones - The Holy Grail of Big Bass Fishing - 03/18/21 04:56 PM

Thanks all for the positive feedback. It had been a while since I'd written anything meaningful on bass fishing. I really enjoyed interviewing Josh and I can't wait to start experimenting with LiveScope myself. My unit has been ordered! I'm sure it's not half as easy as Josh makes it look, but I hope he shared enough to at least make me dangerous!

I really do think we are going to see a bunch of records broken in the coming years!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum