Texas Fishing Forum

Insane fishing last weekend

Posted By: buda13

Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 03:29 PM

Mega bags everywhere.. in 2 days of Basschamps 50+ bags over 20 on Rayburn, mega bags on Ivie, took 27 lbs to win lake Worth, sal out of Coleman, bunch of big bags on Toledo Sunday, kayakers smashed em on Fork. Was a really bad weekend to take off from fishing!!!! Would love to hear your thoughts on what were the trigger points that caused so many big females to play over the last several days? New moon? Front? Length of day? Water temps? Angle of the dangle? It was just time? All of the above?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 03:36 PM

All the above I think. I believe from what I saw this weekend the second wave as already moved and the first hasn't got done yet
Posted By: buda13

Re: Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
All the above I think. I believe from what I saw this weekend the second wave as already moved and the first hasn't got done yet

There was definitely a push to the bank, we experienced a huge wave move up on beds at Toledo Bend Thursday. I can’t say if it was the second wave or not, but Ive never seen so many females rolling and pairing up with males.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 06:07 PM

I wish I had gotten out this weekend, but it’s great to hear all of the success stories from different parts of the state.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 06:09 PM

Crushed them in the back of drains on Fork this weekend also killed the crappies on Sunday... Fun weekend and made a little money too in Media bass!!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Insane fishing last weekend - 03/15/21 07:55 PM

took 28.64 to win on Seminole saturday and 28.46 to win Sunday...same guy won both tournys...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum