Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Fishing Social Media Question

Posted By: SWH

Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/13/21 08:49 PM

So after the rumors of the crazy Ivie trip I opted to follow Milliken so I could see when the video came out of the trip. Video came out watched it all is well in the world. However, now he has posted pieces and parts of the same video with different headlines/click bait pictures every 2-3 hours for 2 weeks.

Is this standard operating procedure when you have a crazy good day on the water and you are trying to be an “influencer”?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/13/21 09:35 PM

What's a influencer?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/13/21 10:20 PM

Yes. All these YouTube, Factbook, Instagram and whatever else social media "stars" are flat ridiculous. Shame what the world has gone to.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/13/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SWH
So after the rumors of the crazy Ivie trip I opted to follow Milliken so I could see when the video came out of the trip. Video came out watched it all is well in the world. However, now he has posted pieces and parts of the same video with different headlines/click bait pictures every 2-3 hours for 2 weeks.

Is this standard operating procedure when you have a crazy good day on the water and you are trying to be an “influencer”?

It's common practice to to take long form video and create multiple pieces of content from it and it's smart. Not everyone sees the original and not everyone will hang in for a 5-20+ minute watch down of content. So you clip it and repurpose it for different platforms and different times. Especially those pieces of content that are working well and you know it has traction.

Add to it, that he's likely monetizing all of it and he's creating multiple "products" from one solid piece of long form content. You would do the same...

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/14/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
What's a influencer?

A person with the ability to influence potential buyers of a product or service by promoting or recommending the items on social media.

If a Company picks the right influencer they can become mega companies in no time.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Fishing Social Media Question - 03/14/21 05:18 AM

It is mind boggling what celebs make per sponsored post on Instagram. Here are the Top 8 for 2020:

[Linked Image]

Tired of your old 2019 McLaren 720S? Pick up your phone and make ONE sponsored post for ONE product you endorse. For The Rock he just made $1,015,000. He has 200 MILLION Followers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum