Re: World record Bass - 03/13/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Les Ems

great video!
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: World record Bass - 03/13/21 06:08 PM

cool vid to watch cool
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: World record Bass - 03/13/21 06:12 PM

I thought the old picture was not Perry.
Is that video accurate info
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: World record Bass - 03/13/21 07:16 PM

Biwa and Ms. Dotty are legit....I have never believed the Georgia fish had sufficient documentation. Biwa is very well documented, videoed, etc.....it should be the record.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: World record Bass - 03/13/21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

The narration for that video is word for word from a Bassmaster article from back in 2012. Did they give credit? Its like reading the magazine, 90% verbatim.

The picture is not George Perry. His family has said no doubt the man holding the fish is not him, Nothing is known for certain about that photo. Could be of his partner he fished with that day holding the fish? but that is speculation. The background is such that it could have been taken at the post office where the fish was weighed, however, there is nothing there to make that certain, just nothing that would preclude it. No one has ever ID'd the boy in the photo either.

So yeah... there are no confirmed photos of the fish.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: World record Bass - 03/14/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by outfishdya

The narration for that video is word for word from a Bassmaster article from back in 2012. Did they give credit? Its like reading the magazine, 90% verbatim.

The picture is not George Perry. His family has said no doubt the man holding the fish is not him, Nothing is known for certain about that photo. Could be of his partner he fished with that day holding the fish? but that is speculation. The background is such that it could have been taken at the post office where the fish was weighed, however, there is nothing there to make that certain, just nothing that would preclude it. No one has ever ID'd the boy in the photo either.

So yeah... there are no confirmed photos of the fish.

Ken Duke went over the entire thing on an episode of BTL, definitely made me a skeptic of Perry’s fish. Way too many conflicts with the alleged record.
Posted By: MAC67STANG

Re: World record Bass - 03/16/21 03:08 AM

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: GMTK

Re: World record Bass - 03/16/21 01:24 PM

Great vid, thanks for sharing
Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 05:36 PM

If the Japan bass weighed 22 lbs and 5 oz. I don't care what they say, that is a world record as far as I am concerned. If it were me, I would be claiming the record. Just curios why the fish has to weigh 2 oz. more than the previous record to be considered the new world record ???
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
If the Japan bass weighed 22 lbs and 5 oz. I don't care what they say, that is a world record as far as I am concerned. If it were me, I would be claiming the record. Just curios why the fish has to weigh 2 oz. more than the previous record to be considered the new world record ???

He has the world record, so he can still say he has it, he’s just tied. Still a world record.

I imagine it’s because they can’t independently verify every scale across the world or monitor how the fish was weighed, etc. Kind of makes sense to me that it has to be 2 ounces.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off

Video said it was an IGFA rule for fish under 25lbs. So now the question would be why is 25lbs the magic number for that rule? It would not seem to make sense that if Dottie(Dotty), however it's spelled, would be a record at 25lbs 1oz and a 25lb 2oz would beat it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 06:11 PM

I’d trust the Japanese weight of their Bass before I’d even come close to believing the huckleberry dead bloated bass from Georgia. Lol.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I’d trust the Japanese weight of their Bass before I’d even come close to believing the huckleberry dead bloated bass from Georgia. Lol.

Sure but the recent one we know is accurate. What we don't know is whether the GA fish is accurate.
I could be less, or more but it was taken to a certified scale and weighed before he ate it.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: World record Bass - 03/17/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I agree.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: World record Bass - 03/18/21 01:11 AM

Pretty mysterious mystical legend this whole world record stuff is. The Japan record is very plain, verifiable, and certified- kinda takes away the excitement of it all. Somebody needs to bust the 25 lb mark with another crazy epic storyline.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum