Texas Fishing Forum

Help...Settling an argument.

Posted By: Ibock

Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:03 AM

This time of the year do the fish hit early in the morning or late morning almost afternoon. I want to get started early and a buddy wants to go at brunch time. Thoughts?
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:08 AM

dumb argument... go early, bring lunch, stay all day if that's an option.
I've been on 7 12s since the last week of January.. tonight is my last night shift finally! Got the boat hooked up this morning when I got home, leaving work early so I can get on the water at day break, staying out there as long as my eyes allow me to tomorrow. ..
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:09 AM

They eat all day. You just gotta follow them. They move with water temps changes and bait movement.
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:12 AM

I don't care what time of year or what the temperature is....when I can go fishing I am there before the sun comes up. Sometimes it pays off in a big way.
Posted By: pinetree

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:04 AM

I don’t sweat it if I don’t put in at daybreak early spring due to the water temp. It’s kinda nice if I have an errand to run or a honey do to take care of. Once topwater kicks in its a different story.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock
This time of the year do the fish hit early in the morning or late morning almost afternoon. I want to get started early and a buddy wants to go at brunch time. Thoughts?

Are you taking your wife on vacation or a buddy fishing? If it's really a fishing buddy, then get him some Little Debbie's and tell him to suck it up an fish. Otherwise, you might need a new fishing partner. wink
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 12:59 PM

Fish for sure bite better this time of year as the lake warms up through the day. I’d take a late afternoon vs early morning until the water temp is consistently above 55 degrees. I believe that’s the temp when top water starts to turn on so that’s what I have confidence in. Most North Texas lakes should be there this week.
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:05 PM

If it’s your boat, truck & fuel, makes it your choice on what to do. Your buddy should just appreciate he gets to go.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 01:16 PM

Go before early, stay until brunch. 4am to whenever you have to leave.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:15 PM

For years fishing Monticello, we would intentionally head out about 10:30 on weekends because most of the crowds would leave around 2:00 or 3:00 or even earlier if there was a small club tourney out there. We also tended to find the best bite was from 4:00 to Sundown when we had the lake nearly to ourselves. Once the power plant was shuttered, that changed some but not a lot.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:17 PM

This time of year I like the sun to get up and warm the water. I never rush out at the crack of dawn. Just me though.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:36 PM

Lake I go to has a better morning bite.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:38 PM

The final feed before the spawn; they’ll eat plenty at night also.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:49 PM

I always like to be out there early but I feel like they do bite a little better once things warm up for the day
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 02:54 PM

Late morning for me. fish
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 03:04 PM

Older seasoned bass fishermen go later in the day in the cold months ... why? because were smarter.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 03:12 PM

I've had some awesome trips night fishing in February and March
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
For years fishing Monticello, we would intentionally head out about 10:30 on weekends because most of the crowds would leave around 2:00 or 3:00 or even earlier if there was a small club tourney out there. We also tended to find the best bite was from 4:00 to Sundown when we had the lake nearly to ourselves. Once the power plant was shuttered, that changed some but not a lot.

You do know as you get older you tend to sleep in later....
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 05:04 PM

Not in a rush to get out early when the air temp is in the 20's for fun fishing. Let that sun get up a bit and stay a little later.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Teeners boat
If it’s your boat, truck & fuel, makes it your choice on what to do. Your buddy should just appreciate he gets to go.

Yup thats how it works- another reason I enjoy the occasional solo trip.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 08:45 PM

sleep
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/09/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by Chris G

You do know as you get older you tend to sleep in later....

Hahaha....especially if there is some Crown Royal involved.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/10/21 01:11 AM

I go to breakfast at 6 am then go fish all day. I don't stop for lunch.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/10/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
They eat all day. You just gotta follow them. They move with water temps changes and bait movement.

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/10/21 03:17 AM

"A young bull and an old bull stand on top of a hill overlooking a pasture full of cows . . . "
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/10/21 07:04 PM

Different groups of fish feed at different times. I think deeper fish at any time of year will feed heavily at sunrise but if you are targeting shallow fish then letting the water warm up can be an advantage.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/11/21 12:45 AM

I always try to get on the water a little after the "small club tournament" crowd.
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/11/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Older seasoned bass fishermen go later in the day in the cold months ... why? because were smarter.

X1000
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/11/21 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Littledog
"A young bull and an old bull stand on top of a hill overlooking a pasture full of cows . . . "

i just wanna make sure he knows i'm a BULL!!
Posted By: fish hard for fun

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/11/21 03:25 AM

Launch early, fish late. Take advantage of youth while you can. Fish on my friend!
Posted By: Jtunnell

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/12/21 12:30 AM

Time to find a new fishing buddy. Sun up to sun down, brother!
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/12/21 06:32 PM

I caught my PB bass in December just before the sun rose. It’s not exactly the same as February/March but it made me realize that not all bass follow the rules.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/12/21 08:32 PM

When I'm going in my boat, I tell my son or my buddy what time I'm leaving. If they want to go with me that's fine, and if they don't that's fine too.
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: Help...Settling an argument. - 03/12/21 10:04 PM

When time allows for me !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum