Texas Fishing Forum

8 Hours from Longview

Posted By: ETXfisher91

8 Hours from Longview - 03/08/21 04:58 AM

Last October I planned on going to Lake Guntersville because it has been a dream of mine to fish Big G, work got in the way of that... My plan is to go there May 13-16.
My question is, are there any recommendations of other lakes that you would rather go to during May...
Has anyone been on Big G in may?
Would anyone mind sharing some areas to start out at? Or point me in the direction of some community holes?
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: 8 Hours from Longview - 03/08/21 02:30 PM

Start the first day of fishing with a guide. Expensive maybe but you will learn areas, baits, techniques that will make the rest of your week worthwhile instead of just a long drive with little results.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: 8 Hours from Longview - 03/08/21 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ETXfisher91
Last October I planned on going to Lake Guntersville because it has been a dream of mine to fish Big G, work got in the way of that... My plan is to go there May 13-16.
My question is, are there any recommendations of other lakes that you would rather go to during May...
Has anyone been on Big G in may?
Would anyone mind sharing some areas to start out at? Or point me in the direction of some community holes?

If I were you, I'd go to Chickamauga. Guntersville is fine, but in May you'll have 70-80 fish days. I could certainly give you some good spots, but topwater will be on fire and they'll be shallow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum