Texas Fishing Forum

How’d you do this weekend?

Posted By: Blayne Wallace

How’d you do this weekend? - 03/07/21 11:15 PM

Hopefully you did better than me. Fished two lakes in two days and spent a FULL day on each. Caught one spot on Saturday in the first 5 casts but then couldn’t buy a bite at either lake. Maybe I’ll just stick to golf flush_2
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/07/21 11:22 PM

Fished a tourney yesterday. Fairfield. I caught around 60 fish drop shotting . Biggest was 16”. Most were 10-12”. Zeroes in the tourney. Fished two lakes today. First lake was a cold mud hole. Zero bites. Lake number two I caught one good one. Then nothing for two hours. Then poled down on a hump and proceeded to wreckem for about two hours. Almost on every cast. Better fish today. Several in the 3-1/2 to 4 pound range. Only 8 or 9 under 14”.
Posted By: billynjuls

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/07/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
Hopefully you did better than me. Fished two lakes in two days and spent a FULL day on each. Caught one spot on Saturday in the first 5 casts but then couldn’t buy a bite at either lake. Maybe I’ll just stick to golf flush_2

I feel ya. Plus golf is cheaper.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/07/21 11:41 PM

First good bed fish of the year!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/07/21 11:53 PM

Nice fish Fat Girl👍
Posted By: JackMason

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
First good bed fish of the year!

[Linked Image]

Excellent!!!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 12:04 AM

Nice job !
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 12:34 AM

Fished hubbard from 645am - 5ish yesterday, zeroed. Two boats of buddies caught 3. Beer was cold, weather was nice.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 01:42 AM

Caught a couple handfuls on jpool 1 was a big bugeyed male
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 02:36 AM

I fished Saturday afternoon for a couple hours, on my fourth cast I caught a 10-12" dink. Little did I know it would be my only bite of the day. I should have hit the links. frown
Posted By: 1961Yaloo

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 02:47 AM

Fished LBJ today from 730a til about 130p. We put one black bass in the boat. Very slow day for us.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 03:13 AM

Fished Possum Kingdom for 6 hours today and caught one 15 incher.
Posted By: DNewt

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 03:19 AM

B A D
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 03:21 AM

Didn't go to the lake because of history, early march and blue bird after cold front has always been brutal for me. Fished the farm pond and caught a dink on the first cast with rayburn red one knocker then not another bite.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Didn't go to the lake because of history, early march and blue bird after cold front has always been brutal for me. Fished the farm pond and caught a dink on the first cast with rayburn red one knocker then not another bite.

My history says I don’t do well ever but March has always been tough on me.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 12:31 PM

Fished for a few hours and zeroed. This is a tough time of year for me.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 12:36 PM

Glad it isn’t just me.

I’ve fished Hubbard for many years and usually have a good feel for where they are hanging before the push shallow but not this year......was it the freeze ? Did it send em running for the depths ?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 01:59 PM

Fished Houston County friday from 8 to dark. Caught 9. Biggest around 3 3/4 or so. Could only get bit dead sticking a senko. Absolutely HATE fishing that way.

Fished my little oxbow lake Saturday from 3 till 6 caught 6 biggest 4.5. Flipping a lizard up near the bank.

I think this weekend lakes are going to bust wide open.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 02:40 PM

Best day of the year for me on Saturday. No monsters, but caught 11 for the day, 5 of which were between 4 and 5 lbs, 2.6 was the smallest, on Monticello. Most were caught slow rolling a 5xd over rock in 4 to 10 feet of water. Subtle bite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That place is still magical.. from a couple of weeks ago. Caught a few in the pad stems but water was really stained from dying vegetation.
Posted By: JC1965

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Best day of the year for me on Saturday. No monsters, but caught 11 for the day, 5 of which were between 4 and 5 lbs, 2.6 was the smallest, on Monticello. Most were caught slow rolling a 5xd over rock in 4 to 10 feet of water. Subtle bite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That place is still magical.. from a couple of weeks ago. Caught a few in the pad stems but water was really stained from dying vegetation.

NICE!!!!!!
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 03:52 PM

Partner and I got 2nd place in Team Bass tournament on Sandlin saturday, he caught a 9.41
Fished Pines yesterday and caught a few keepers that were fat. Was a little tougher bite yesterday.
Posted By: James P.

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 05:19 PM

Fished pines this weekend sat was kinda of Tuff, could only put 2 in the box but caught I think 8 Sunday was a lot better put 3 in the box culled 3 times and won our club tournament.
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 05:37 PM

Fished Bridgeport on Saturday for about 7 hours. Had a good bag by the end of the day (first fish was a lil over 7) had 3 fish come unbuttoned; 8 total bites. So it’s for sure a lil’ better than last weekend but still pretty tough. Didn’t have multiple bites in a single area all day.
Posted By: greenen

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 06:58 PM

I sucked.
Posted By: Jtunnell

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 07:54 PM

Fished TTO at Fork on Saturday. Had 3 keepers, lost or missed another 3, and two slot fish (5 &7.5). Went to Hawkins on Sunday and caught 8-9 fish. Best 5 went around 17-18lbs. Things should get really good this week.
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 08:53 PM

Worked on the boat all day Saturday and until 2:30 on Sunday but finished the day with some fishing and caught 3 decent fish on Lake Conroe.
Posted By: Texbird

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jtunnell
Fished TTO at Fork on Saturday. Had 3 keepers, lost or missed another 3, and two slot fish (5 &7.5). Went to Hawkins on Sunday and caught 8-9 fish. Best 5 went around 17-18lbs. Things should get really good this week.

Glad it wasn't just me then. I fished JCO on Fork on Sat and Sun. It was a grind both days. We had 4 keepers Sat, and I had 3 yesterday although I couldn't stick a hook in one yesterday morning to save my life
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/08/21 11:38 PM

Pines today caught 3 it was slow.

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fished with you back in December, I'll definitely have to make another trip out there banana
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
[quote=lconn4]
Fished with you back in December, I'll definitely have to make another trip out there banana

I remember! cheers
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 04:20 PM

Saturday I fished all day without a bite. Sunday I caught several 3lbers and a few little ones. The females were swollen and football shaped. Water temp got up to 62 by the time I left on Sunday.
Posted By: Trenton97

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 04:24 PM

Caught 14 on Sandlin in 4 hours on Saturday. Nothing much over 3.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 05:30 PM

Fished Wolf Pack on Sunday afternoon. Partner and I had 39 lbs in about an hour. Partner had the two bigs. I rounded up the rear with a couple 6.5s. Fished Camelot Bell on Monday. Identical conditions as far as I could tell. Fished super tough. Best fish was 6.5 and we threw everything but the kitchen sink in all water depths. I have no clue why we crushed one day and not the other. Was just like the fish didn't want to eat on Monday. I guess that's what keeps us all hooked, when we completely solve the puzzle of fishing it'll probably suck a lot of the joy out of the sport! The fish are starting to move up everywhere, should blow wide open soon!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Fished Wolf Pack on Sunday afternoon. Partner and I had 39 lbs in about an hour. Partner had the two bigs. I rounded up the rear with a couple 6.5s. Fished Camelot Bell on Monday. Identical conditions as far as I could tell. Fished super tough. Best fish was 6.5 and we threw everything but the kitchen sink in all water depths. I have no clue why we crushed one day and not the other. Was just like the fish didn't want to eat on Monday. I guess that's what keeps us all hooked, when we completely solve the puzzle of fishing it'll probably suck a lot of the joy out of the sport! The fish are starting to move up everywhere, should blow wide open soon!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That’s definitely a dream trip there
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 11:01 PM

Headed out to a concrete plant that has a bunch of deep quarry tanks. I had never caught a fish on a jig and had zero confidence in them. I swore this would be the year I figured them out. I figured this was the place to get some confidence with them if they were biting so I tied one on and went to slinging. Man am I glad I did. Morning was slow and I was fighting grass trying to find hard bottom. Then I found a sloping drop off that was all rock. The first one hit on the second cast. It felt like it just pulled out a hammer and tried to crush the jig while it sat on the bottom. That was a cool feeling. Ended up catching eight more before noon, all on a jig. I get it now! I’m hooked.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 11:06 PM

A bad on the water makes a good day whole lot better! thumb
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/09/21 11:43 PM

The water was so murky and cold the previous weekend that I gave up and went to Colorado to ski this weekend.

I'm encouraged by the pictures on this thread (nice work), so back at it next weekend.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: How’d you do this weekend? - 03/10/21 01:05 AM

Did good this weekend. I installed a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor on my boat and I love it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum