Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter ZXR20

Posted By: AAtwofour

Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 06:38 PM

Anybody have one of the new ZXR20‘s? Just curious to hear someone’s thoughts on it
Posted By: mudd

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 06:52 PM

Mark Perry has one that he loves. We have sold around 30-40 of them now. The ZXR 20 is the hottest selling boat. We have 8 on order already sold. Every customer is super happy with how they are.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 06:52 PM

Have had a 2021 ZXR20 since October. I love it. No real complaints. My only dislike is the same cooler lid that was on previous ZX models but even that is a minor complaint. .Its for sure a different Skeeter hull than tbe hulls of the past. Its a blast to drive. Layout is great too. Most comfortable boat seats in any boat I have owned.

I came out of a 2019 ZX250 which I enjoyed as well. I chose the ZXR20 for several reasons. I prefer 20' boats over 21' in most cases. I feel like I can run any water that a 21' can run but I like the maneuverability more in a 20' especially around docks and timber. The ZXR20 is 20' 4". I was in a FX20 prior to the ZX and have come to the conclusion I prefer toggle switches over touchpads. I also like metal trailer fenders better. For me the ZX/ZXR are fairly loaded out and the price difference under the FX/FXR makes them a real value. Even after adding hydraulic jackplate and second Power Pole I came out way ahead in my eyes.
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 07:21 PM

Bought one in November, came out of 2016 ZX225.
The ride is great, not Phoenix good but way better than the ZX. The rear deck/battery access is significantly better in this vs the ZX model. IMO, best way to get into a near top of the line boat for around 60k. I think I’m enjoying this one so much because of the ultrex and the I pilot link. Game changer vs the standard foot controlled trolling motor so I figured get a new boat vs 8-10k in upgraded electronics and trolling motor.
Posted By: TheHaydonSmith

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 09:55 PM

Very curious about folks opinion of the team advantage layout... I hear pro’s & cons ... looks manageable with a little adjustment from the traditional layout... love the ZXR colors, standard switches & metal fenders...

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/07/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheHaydonSmith
Very curious about folks opinion of the team advantage layout... I hear pro’s & cons ... looks manageable with a little adjustment from the traditional layout... love the ZXR colors, standard switches & metal fenders...

Initially when I bought the ZX250 I did not know how much I would like the team layout. Ended up liking it a lot. I lije tgat setup abd glad its on my ZXR20 now.
Posted By: Bowtech32

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/08/21 01:32 AM

I have the ZXR 21, love it so far but don’t have enough time in it yet. I came out of a Ranger 372, so a big difference in size. Around docks I really don’t notice the much larger size in trolling around. As for the team deck I really like it, same compartment as the FXR except different lids.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 01:27 AM

I’ll be picking mine up this week from Fun N Sun hopefully!

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by I'm The Dude

Did you get one of tbe white/red versikns?

Enjoy your new ride. I bet yiu will love it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 01:39 AM

I’ll help ya break it in.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Yessir, the white with red and a black bottom, #7 color option.

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

First new boat, never done a break in before.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 02:09 AM

Congrats and I bet you are excited. I took a screen shot of break in procedure from Yamaha manual and followed it the last couple of new boats with zero issues. Its pretty easy. Just set a timer on your phone to mark the time. I had FnS install an hour meter under my dash in that accessible hatch space to keep up with hours for maintenance easier. I didn't want to drill a hole in dash for one. It was inexpensive and just the analog type.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 02:10 AM

Cool. Just get some dip-n-dye. bolt
Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 02:20 AM

Just did the 2 hour break in on mine today. 100% Love it. Really surprised how it handled in all conditions today. Originally was looking at the ZXR 21 but went with the ZXR 20 instead. When it was time to punch it today it i was impressed. Went from a ranger z21 06 model to this. Much better....

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doing it for the fans since 71
Just did the 2 hour break in on mine today. 100% Love it. Really surprised how it handled in all conditions today. Originally was looking at the ZXR 21 but went with the ZXR 20 instead. When it was time to punch it today it i was impressed. Went from a ranger z21 06 model to this. Much better....

Awesome, glad you like it. I'm going from a ZX250 to the ZXR20, so I'm not sure how much of a "difference" I will feel in the boat, but I will have new electronics and more importantly, warranties. I like warranties, got an additional 2 years on the motor because I bought at the right time.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Doing it for the fans since 71

Awesome, glad you like it. I'm going from a ZX250 to the ZXR20, so I'm not sure how much of a "difference" I will feel in the boat, but I will have new electronics and more importantly, warranties. I like warranties, got an additional 2 years on the motor because I bought at the right time.

I went from a 2018ZX250 to a ZXR20. No regrets all. Both great platforms but enjoy thr ZXR20 more.
Posted By: KevinHebert

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 04:26 PM

You will love it!!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 04:58 PM

Congrats, just got past my 3 hours on my ZXR 21. Love it, seems to take forever when you “have” to stop an fish. I was shocked how easy it was to move around on the trolling, coming out of a Ranger 372. Big size difference, 3 1/2 foot longer and almost a foot wider, i really did not notice a big difference fishing around docks. I may when I fish timber but have not done that yet.
Posted By: AMPD Marine

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 05:20 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The AMPDMarine organizers help with the Team Advantage layout.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by AMPD Marine

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats that made out of/weigh? Pretty neat.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 07:29 PM

Congrats thats a pretty boat.
Posted By: jls1

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 07:29 PM

its made out of plastic. I have it in my ZXR 20 and it does not weigh much at all.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 07:40 PM

Whenever one of y'all have to have the latest and greatest in a couple of years, holler at me! I will be ready to buy your gently used boat with cash in hand!
Posted By: AMPD Marine

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by AMPD Marine

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats that made out of/weigh? Pretty neat.

1/8" ABS plastic All three pieces are around 10#'s total.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/09/21 09:31 PM

Here is mine, I don’t have the organizer [Linked Image]
Posted By: TheHaydonSmith

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/11/21 11:59 PM

Just wondering, if you use the whole center for tackle storage... How many rods can you fit in the rod locker on the left side... with rod covers.

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/12/21 12:02 AM

Just wondering, if you use the whole center for tackle storage... How many rods can you fit in the rod locker on the left side... with rod covers.

6 on each side very easily

Re: Skeeter ZXR20 - 03/12/21 12:03 AM

I have about 14 in mine right now with Rod Sox on them and could fit more easily.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum