Texas Fishing Forum

How old is your boat?

Posted By: Cmack

How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:24 PM

I see much discussion of new boats and various brands and models, rising costs etc. Got me to wondering how many of us hold on to a boat as long as it serves the purpose?I fish out of a 25 year old Bass Cat Eyra with a 175 EFI. I find nothing currently manufactured in that size range that is superior or possibly even equal to it. I try to keep the electronics updated to recent standards (not cutting edge) have a GPS trolling motor. Old boat will kiss 70 mph with a 25 tempest and runs rough water great for it's size.. Gel coat is pretty much pristine, carpet has been replaced and needs it again, Why would i replace it for little to zero gain?[Linked Image]
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:28 PM

'99 Cobra 190 with '99 200 EFI. I didn't want a payment, so I bought old and have updated the boat as I go along. If I had the cash, I would 100% by a new boat. I just cant justify a payment for the time being.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:28 PM

37 years old
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:29 PM

9 months.. got a chance to buy at great price, figure it will last me till I'm to old. had the last one for 13 years and three different motors.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:31 PM

I think the allure of a new boat is just keeping up with the Jone's for some, and warranty for the others. I have a 2019 Tin rig. It is a Lowe 198 Stinger Favorite Edition. I bought it new with 8 years of warranty at a price that is half of a new fiberglass. I think for me the power system of a boat is more important than the hull. But to each their own. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford a brand new boat every year, I think it is great. New boats are pretty. Honestly if you are happy with what you got, why change it. That is my philosophy.
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
'99 Cobra 190 with '99 200 EFI. I didn't want a payment, so I bought old and have updated the boat as I go along. If I had the cash, I would 100% by a new boat. I just cant justify a payment for the time being.

Same here, just picked up a 1995 Cajun and plan on buying goodies along the way that I can transfer to a new(er) boat.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:39 PM

I run a 2000 203 Champion with a 2000 Yamaha 200 VMAX. Still runs great. Tournament fishes great and runs in the mid 60’s which is good with me. I’ll repower her when she needs it, but for now my Yamaha is strong. To each their own on new boats, but I have a hard time personally justifying 80+K for a new boat that I’m going to go scratch up on the first weekend. I have a line of people that want my 203 when and if I ever sell it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1961Yaloo

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:41 PM

1999 Triton TR 19 with an Evinrude 175. This is all the boat I need. I dont get to fish near as often as I would like. But it starts right up everytime and gets me thru any water I need to go thru. Good boat!!! Putting new seats in it now and will need carpet the next couple of years.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:47 PM

2001 Tr21 with a 2001 merc 225
Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:47 PM

2011 Skeeter ZX 200 with a 200 Sho. Still have a payment but its in near perfect condition, and I plan on having it for a long long time. Gets the job done for me at 19 1/2 feet.
Posted By: Barn

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:52 PM

I've had my '03 Cougar FTD for 16 years now. I'd like to get a new Lynx but I have too many other financial obligations or plans. I am happy with my Cougar and it's in nice shape. I am currently upgrading all the electronics and TM. Insurance just put on a new lower unit..oops. Seats are still in great shape, The carpet has hung in there this entire time. I may put in some new carpet in the Fall this year. Afterwards it will be like new boat at that point.

The wife vetoed any new boat anyway. However, she is did suggest upgrading it instead. I'd don't think she had any idea how much that was going to cost. wink
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:54 PM

2016 Epic bay boat purchased new in Feb.17. Been itching for something different but its paid for.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 03:57 PM

My son in law bought a 96 Ranger 487 VS towards the end of last year so that we could start fishing tournaments together. Not only is it going to be great to fish with him but we also are having a great time doing small upgrades to the boat like new rocker switches, lid locks, lighting etc. We have quite a few other projects we want to do to it and luckily it came with an Ultrex trolling motor and Lowrance Elite electronics so the really expensive things were not needed.
Also the Mercury 200 EFI may be a little stubborn to start in the cold but when it does it runs as good as any motor out there.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by TBassYates
My son in law bought a 96 Ranger 487 VS towards the end of last year so that we could start fishing tournaments together. Not only is it going to be great to fish with him but we also are having a great time doing small upgrades to the boat like new rocker switches, lid locks, lighting etc. We have quite a few other projects we want to do to it and luckily it came with an Ultrex trolling motor and Lowrance Elite electronics so the really expensive things were not needed.
Also the Mercury 200 EFI may be a little stubborn to start in the cold but when it does it runs as good as any motor out there.

I got out of an older boat when I bought my rig, and I had a great time working on it. Installed new carpet, built in lights, lid locks, you name it. Loved working on that thing and making it my own.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:01 PM

2005 Nitro 901 CDX.

I can't justify the cost of a new boat.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:14 PM

Not old at all but it could be my last new one. 2017 Nitro Z21. My last boat was damaged in a car wreck and the insurance did me right so I custom designed it and absolutely love it. But I was fishing A LOT and a lot of tournaments back then so it was worth the money. These days I have 2 little ones and just can’t get on the water to use it so I’m about to sell.

My next boat will be a used Hull that I’ll re-carpet, repower, and upgrade electronics and accessories. I keep trucks forever and one day I’ll do the same with a boat.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:14 PM

2000 Triton Tr186 with 150 Mercury. Still runs good and no issues. (knock on wood). My electronics are worth more than the boat. smile

Retired grass grower
Posted By: june-bug

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:27 PM

2012 Phoenix 921, 2012 250 Pro XS. Bought as a demo in Feb 2013 with 23 hours on it. Plan on staying in this boat and will repower at some point if need be.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:33 PM

Mine is a 2003 Champion 188DC with a 200 HP VMAX. It still runs good and it is cheaper to upgrade than make payments.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:37 PM

27 years young. Wouldn't dream of selling it. Certainly not the best pick for any kind of fishing - but does all types well. When I was guiding in the early '90s it was the #1 moneymaker. Very little cost to feed.

The Boston Whaler Dauntless & Walkaround models of 1992-8 were designed by BlackWatch designer Peter Van Lancker. These were the perhaps the most expensive boats ever built and certainly the most expensive by Boston Whaler. To make matters worse, they came at a time when the country went into deep economic recession, Boston Whaler was in severe turmoil, and the new and very expensive Dauntless line very nearly sunk Boston Whaler (Brunswick bought them from Reebok at a severe discount). The Dauntless of this era was built with a 15 degree transom V hull which translates to a smooth ride in rough water and a capable offshore boat in a little package (within reason). The Dauntless 13 here is the rare fishing model with poling platform and built in bait & fish boxes. Due to the extremely high build quality (even for Boston Whaler), these years of Dauntless production make them candidates for re-engining. When looking at the Dauntless to buy, be aware this was the era of the "wet boat" fad (brought on by a very popular fishing guide of the times) and the Dauntless scuppers are set low. Seal the Dauntless scuppers, put a bilge pump in the Dauntless and you have a dry boat for all water.

Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:42 PM

20 ft Blue Wave Center Console is 7 years old . I bought it for a song down in Houston after Hurricane Harvey swamped it. Cost me about $1500 it repair and clean it up, best deal I ever got on anything in my life.

16 ft Jon Boat , it was my Grandfather’s and I started fishing with him out of it when I was 4 or 5 and I’m 65. I put a new Mercury on it in 1979 , and it has been through a few garage sale TMs. I hauled it to Florida last summer in back of my truck to visit my Daughter and fished Stick Marsh and slayed them . best fishing trip of my life , caught 2 over 8 my first 30 minutes first day. I’ll give both boats to my Grandson when he is old enough to start taking ME fishing!!
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1956Zebco
27 years young. Wouldn't dream of selling it. Certainly not the best pick for any kind of fishing - but does all types well. When I was guiding in the early '90s it was the #1 moneymaker. Very little cost to feed.

The Boston Whaler Dauntless & Walkaround models of 1992-8 were designed by BlackWatch designer Peter Van Lancker. These were the perhaps the most expensive boats ever built and certainly the most expensive by Boston Whaler. To make matters worse, they came at a time when the country went into deep economic recession, Boston Whaler was in severe turmoil, and the new and very expensive Dauntless line very nearly sunk Boston Whaler (Brunswick bought them from Reebok at a severe discount). The Dauntless of this era was built with a 15 degree transom V hull which translates to a smooth ride in rough water and a capable offshore boat in a little package (within reason). The Dauntless 13 here is the rare fishing model with poling platform and built in bait & fish boxes. Due to the extremely high build quality (even for Boston Whaler), these years of Dauntless production make them candidates for re-engining. When looking at the Dauntless to buy, be aware this was the era of the "wet boat" fad (brought on by a very popular fishing guide of the times) and the Dauntless scuppers are set low. Seal the Dauntless scuppers, put a bilge pump in the Dauntless and you have a dry boat for all water.

Cool ride. I like all around versatile boats also.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:54 PM

2004 ZX225. Just rebuilt the engine so it needs to last another ten years.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:56 PM

14 years old this Fall
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 04:58 PM

2005 zx225, new to me in 2015, rebuilt motor in 2017 and had hull repair/new lower unit (both insurance). This damn boat needs to make it another 10 years roflmao
Posted By: doctorb

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 05:06 PM

2013 Ranger Z520 with a Mercury Pro XS 250. Nothing wrong with the boat at all. Might upgrade my electronics this year and maybe a new trolling motor. I've never understood why some people want to change boats so often.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 05:12 PM

Recently upgraded from a 2003 to a 2008
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 05:14 PM

8 years old now. I plan to repower with a four-stroke in a year or two. Just replace stuff when they break (sonars, trolling motors, trailer stuff, etc). The hulls are built so well now they should all last 20 years easily.
Posted By: Richard G

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 05:28 PM

1994 Cajun Center Console that I repowered 2 years ago. Just bass fished out of it yesterday and will be in the Salt in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Seale
I think the allure of a new boat is just keeping up with the Jone's for some, and warranty for the others. I have a 2019 Tin rig. It is a Lowe 198 Stinger Favorite Edition. I bought it new with 8 years of warranty at a price that is half of a new fiberglass. I think for me the power system of a boat is more important than the hull. But to each their own. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford a brand new boat every year, I think it is great. New boats are pretty. Honestly if you are happy with what you got, why change it. That is my philosophy.

That is what we did as well! cheers
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 06:33 PM

2003 189 Legend with 2001 200hp mercury. 72 mph boat when I bought it but now only goes about 50 as I am not in a big hurry anymore. Have upgraded the trolling motor and electronics. Need to buff it but other than that it is all I need.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 06:33 PM

2006 skeeter 21i. I’ll just keep replacing motors on this hull. I love it. No desire for a new boat. Can’t justify the extra $50k just to look cool
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 06:52 PM

07 skeeter 225zx. Upgraded to ultrex and semi upgraded graphs. Bought used from original owner last fall. So far so good. Last three boats I purchased were all new, just can’t see paying 70 + for a new one. Just added a drotto to the trailer and built steps on the tongue just need some new tires now.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:00 PM

I have a 2003 Skeeter dual console with a 2004 Yamaha 4 stroke. It just touches 60 mph. It has the latest greatest of almost everything.

Lowrance Carbons, active imaging 3 in 1’s front and back, Active Target, Ultrex, dual power pole Blades, two sets of foot switches, Lowrance sonic hub with Lowrance speakers and JLAudio subwoofer, led lights everywhere, RMP blade nav light, Optima batteries, 4-bank worth of DualPro chargers, remote drain, dual livewells, dual pump outs, new custom interior using BMW M colors, flashed computer on the motor, low hours. Line spooling station and ProRule built in. Extra rod holders. And lots of other stuff that would seem like excess. 4 gauge marine cables for the TM, 8g marine wiring for the electronics. Remote controlled battery disconnects. Alarm. Etc.

Junk trailer. Haha.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:04 PM

1993 Ranger 491 VX. Got rid of non-starting Evinrude in favor of a 94 Merc EFI. Added 12' Talons and a Fortrex.
Posted By: RTM

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:04 PM

[Linked Image]
2003 Skeeter ZX 200 Helix 10s, 360, Talons.
Posted By: T21x

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:10 PM

2004 Triton TR 21X with 225 Optimax. Still in great shape and have updated electronics and trolling motor. Love to buy newer one but why??

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by RTM
[Linked Image]

Great looking boat!
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:15 PM

2012 Z518/200 Pro Xs....
Posted By: prosise

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:41 PM

89 champion 18'6" with Original Merc 175 black max (manual mix).. Love her.....

Just put new trolling motor, and electronics on her.. Funny thing is the upgrade is worth more than the boat, but I "ain't" getting rid of her....
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:54 PM

[Linked Image]

2005 Xpress X19. Bought it off the TFF for $2200 with a blown outboard. Had Charlie’s Outboards rebuild it 5 years ago and it has been a great rig ever since. 12” HDS front and back and an Ultrex added. Fishes plenty good for me!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
I've had my '03 Cougar FTD for 16 years now. I'd like to get a new Lynx but I have too many other financial obligations or plans. I am happy with my Cougar and it's in nice shape. I am currently upgrading all the electronics and TM. Insurance just put on a new lower unit..oops. Seats are still in great shape, The carpet has hung in there this entire time. I may put in some new carpet in the Fall this year. Afterwards it will be like new boat at that point.

The wife vetoed any new boat anyway. However, she is did suggest upgrading it instead. I'd don't think she had any idea how much that was going to cost. wink

Tell ole Aaron to draw you up some numbers on a new Lynx with 300r
Posted By: buda13

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:01 PM

Sancha is 16 years old... ‘05 ZX225.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:06 PM

Ran my first boat for 17 years, bought it brand new. Had an 07 Legend that I ran for about 7 years.
Currently running a 15 Bug, which I really like and may be my last one.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:06 PM

63 years. It's a 1958 Blue Star Super Chief 14, built in Miami, OK, by drunken indians, probably. It's aluminum, and probably has 3000 rivets holding it together. It was a runabout/rowboat that I turned into a flats skiff. Donald Trump gave me a stimulus check and I got so stimulated I bought a Yamaha 15 4-stroke for it. It'll go 25, which is faster than I want to go. Name is TIN STAR. Almost every time I launch, someone copmes over to ask me about her. One guy even asked me if it was new? Pics in the Jonboat section of this forum. Catch 'em up! IslandJim
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by RTM
[Linked Image]

Man, she's a beaut!
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:14 PM

2003 Fisher Pro-Hawk 180
Completely renovated in '20 ( still ongoing)
75hp Merc (but on the hunt for a 115 😉)
24v Ultrex, etc[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:18 PM

04 Cougar
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:21 PM

First point:
As long as it’s 100% composite (most since 2000) and has a reliable motor I think an older boat is great, should last a long time. Easy to update TM and electronics to keep up with the times.

Second point:
With global warming, oh sorry we don’t call it that anymore especially after the latest polar vortex , with climate change and the world ending in 10-12 years who wants to waste money on a new boat.

Third point:
Is anybody working to develop an all electric outboard motor? Just saying.
Posted By: greenen

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:28 PM

2009 Triton 18XS bought in 2011 and paid for in 2 years. Still fits fine for me although I'd love a couple more feet of length for other fishermen in the boat.
Posted By: RaptorRunner

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:53 PM

Had a 1997 Cobra I kept for 12 years. Sold it and ordered a Z521 Ranger in summer 2012 so going on nine years. I do have the itch for a new rig though.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 08:58 PM

2000 Cobra 201d 225 Mercury 225 efi. Bought new for 25000. Still looks new. Original everything still on boat , same carpet. Wouldnt trade if i could. Have had people wanting to buy it few times but not for sale
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 09:16 PM

1987 Nitro with a Yamaha ProV 150, still running (knock on wood),

Taking it out next weekend for the first time in 2021, hope it still gets me there and back.

[Linked Image]

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger 188
First point:
As long as it’s 100% composite (most since 2000) and has a reliable motor I think an older boat is great, should last a long time. Easy to update TM and electronics to keep up with the times.

Second point:
With global warming, oh sorry we don’t call it that anymore especially after the latest polar vortex , with climate change and the world ending in 10-12 years who wants to waste money on a new boat.

Third point:
Is anybody working to develop an all electric outboard motor? Just saying.

They've developed the electric main motor - but cord storage is a problem.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 09:34 PM

[Linked Image]

2007 Charger 496tf
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 09:36 PM

Currently fishing out of a 94 Ranger 364v with a 2008 Etec 150. Just upgraded all the electronics, added Ultrex, Livescope and added hydraulic steering. My only wishes are that it had a full casting deck (i can always add that), that it was a bit longer and had better tackle storage. The last is the only real reason i would consider upgrading. It runs about 60 which is plenty for me.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 10:23 PM

I bough this "Deck Boat" new in 1995(26 years) . I replaced all of the bearings this week for the first time. I have had to replace the stator and that is all as far as repairs go.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JILAS

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 10:36 PM

1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 166SS; 1980 Mercury ELPT 140HP. We moved 3 times so built 3 car 25'+ deep garages for boat with each move. Before each move, my wife asked if we could built a house for wife & 4 kids at same time building garages. I replied "SURE" which explains why we have been married ~42 years and counting. I still have same boat and SAME wife!! Boat runs great and in great condition!! People ask if I will get new boat and I reply "I will have to get new wife before new boat!!!"
[i][/i][u][/u]
Posted By: rj74955

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 10:51 PM

I'll put a new motor on it one of these days, it only has about 2000 hours on it. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 10:55 PM

I am not the original owner but my boat is 20 years old. The previous owner replaced the original trailer. This one is a 2006. Other than some lower units, I have only had to rebuild the fuel pump. I have put a new trolling motor, windshields, a few helm instruments, Am/FM/satellite radio, steering helm and GPS/Fish finders on it. I put the power pole on it.

Attached picture 20210305_164159[1].jpg
Posted By: dk2429

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 11:07 PM

If I were to buy a "new boat" today, I'd get an older anywhere from 1995-2010ish hull from whichever boat you want... Repower it with a newer motor, outfit with modern electronics and power poles, new carpet/seats, etc....
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 11:10 PM

2009 skeeter 21i with a 300 pro xs [Linked Image]
Posted By: DNewt

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/05/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry
2000 Triton Tr186 with 150 Mercury. Still runs good and no issues. (knock on wood). My electronics are worth more than the boat. smile

Retired grass grower

I run same, good boat for me
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 12:28 AM

[Linked Image]
91 Champion Still Catching Fish
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 01:21 AM

2005 TzX200

I’ve had her since 2008. Great boat but I think she’s is gonna go for a newer ride

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 01:27 AM

Lots of great looking older boats on this thread!
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:00 AM

'92 Champion 201DCR re-powered in '04 with a new Yamaha 250HPDI , still rides and runs great

Jeff Gilbert told me that this was the first Champion boat they sold when Fun-N-Sun carried the line.
Designed what I wanted and we ordered it in.

Upgraded the electronics and trolling motor several times over. Have re-carpeted and re-upholstered as well.

Will add pics later
Posted By: Dognot

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:12 AM

[Linked Image]

Mine is 25 yrs old this year I have had it for 22. Champion 181.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:26 AM

My Skeeter sx176 is 21 years old. I had the motor (Yamaha 115) rebuilt a little over a year ago, replaced the lower unit this year, as well as a few dozen other repairs over the years. The motor rebuild was the only thing I didn't do myself.

I'm tired of fixing [censored] all the time. A good day on the water for me is one without anything breaking down. I've gotta make this boat last 3 more years and then I'm getting something new(er)
Posted By: hopalong

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:33 AM

95 champion 202, original merc 200 xri with all new other stuff. moved up from an 82 champion 184.

bought it with no graphs and a new motorguide I sold (not my brand), did a full update on everything and last was all new garmin graphs, tm and livescope.
last boat I will ever own and just found out I may have a 250 xs available to repower with.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 361V

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:40 AM

2013. Going on 8 years old now. Time flies. I still think of it as my “new boat”. Probably would still have my pristine 1992 Ranger 361v if someone hadn’t wiped it out on the highway. [Linked Image]
Posted By: cg203

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:51 AM

98 Champion 203

Attached picture 21643818-045B-49A0-8D93-16D4E53F28B2.jpeg
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 03:05 AM

Some good looking Champions on here
Posted By: Fish fanatic

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 03:11 AM

I run an 89 ranger 363 with an 82 evinrude 140. No payments and runs like a champ.

Attached picture 0101DAF8-BA79-425D-AD4C-5A9206DFDD99.jpeg
Posted By: RL206

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 04:27 AM

2001 206 Champion from Plano/Lavon Marine [Linked Image]
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by RL206
2001 206 Champion from Plano/Lavon Marine [Linked Image]

Randy your boat has always been the cleanest boat I have ever seen.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 04:52 AM

10 years old, 2011 Basscat Erya.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 05:00 AM

I have an uncle that fished one of these in the Pacific ocean for salmon, exact same size Whaler , but much older . He rigged it with outriggers to drop down 10lb balls for trolling . The first time I ever went on it , we went out about 8 to 10 miles offshore in 10 foot swells --- worst seasickness I have ever had , 6 hours of pure misery
Posted By: RL206

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 08:02 AM

Thanks Doug
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 09:49 AM

My boat is an '04. Engine runs fantastic and still has great compression. A few battle scars but still shines up good. Got all the bells and whistles. But, I do plan on selling it in the next couple of years. I have mybeyes set on an Express with Sea Deck. I was against a tin boat but have looked these over and over again. Been wanting something I can run down the river on occasion.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 11:31 AM

My baby is 25 years old now. 1996 Cajun 185 SC w/ a 150 Johnson fast strike. I run it till I die or it does. Lol
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 11:43 AM

A little more than one year old. At 58 it might be the last boat I ever buy. Went from a Basscat to a Majek Extreme. I fish both fresh and salt water. Love the boat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dognot
[Linked Image]

Mine is 25 yrs old this year I have had it for 22. Champion 181.

I had a Champ 181 years ago.150 Johnson Fast Strike. Great riding boat. Loved that boat.

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

[Linked Image]

I have an uncle that fished one of these in the Pacific ocean for salmon, exact same size Whaler , but much older . He rigged it with outriggers to drop down 10lb balls for trolling . The first time I ever went on it , we went out about 8 to 10 miles offshore in 10 foot swells --- worst seasickness I have ever had , 6 hours of pure misery

Ahh - but the important thing is the boat didn't get sick and throw up on you!! Any older than this and they had the flat (cathedral hull) - would have made it even more unpleasant. Hats off to your Uncle - sounds like a real deal seaman. Unfortunately my first experience was much like yours, except on a heaving party boat 60 miles out, threw up in the only exit of the galley and everyone in there had to step over it to get fresh air. The trip in was more pleasant as my attention was now on them lining the rail and puking their guts out. Memories of a little kid . . .
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 01:13 PM

2002 Triton 200xp, Yamaha 200 , owned it for 16 yrs.
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 02:29 PM

Turning 21 this year

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 04:35 PM

2006 Ranger 521DVX [Linked Image]
Posted By: Stompy

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 05:12 PM

596 Charger, 8 years old.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 05:23 PM

96 Basscat PII

Keeps on ticking!

Attached picture AA4714C6-773A-4303-BF5B-78357FED1E46.jpeg
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 10:59 PM

[Linked Image]
1995 Blazer with a 1999 Mercury 150 EFI. Slowly upgrading to get it how I want it.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/06/21 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Stompy
[Linked Image]

Nice Charger

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stompy
[Linked Image]

I'll bet that's a rough water beast!
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 04:59 AM

1996 Champion 221 Elite [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
2006 Ranger 521DVX [Linked Image]

thumb
Posted By: tr196dc

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 03:41 PM

2005 Triton TR196DC. The boat still looks and runs as good as the day I bought it at the Houston boat show. Great boat!
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 03:42 PM

2015 Legend V20
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 04:18 PM

There are a lot of older nice looking boats! cheers
Posted By: RayBob

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Champion 221 Elite
1996 Champion 221 Elite [Linked Image]

Talk about a rough water beast !
Posted By: RayBob

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 08:54 PM

[Linked Image]

2005 Champion 196, 200 Merc EFI. That Merc loves the gas !
Posted By: JBranham

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 09:21 PM

2016 ZX190, nearly 500 hours now. Looks great, fits in the garage, and fishes as well as anything out there. Love it!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: fishr#1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 10:26 PM

Picture of mine one morning last year. [Linked Image]
2000 20 foot Skeeter. Just recently put in new carpet and had seats done as well. Considering electronics next.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 10:47 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2005 and still going strong
Posted By: 95champ

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 11:15 PM

26 years old this month [Linked Image]
Posted By: csmithag95

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/07/21 11:45 PM

2005 Legend LE21. Great running engine, brand new interior. Ready for another 16 years with it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by 95champ
26 years old this month [Linked Image]

I had a 1995 Champion 171 with a Mariner 115 in this same color scheme.Loved that boat!!
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 03:09 AM

cheers Man one nice cat. I wish my 95 P2 looked as nice, my first Cat bought in 2014 . Took a gamble on it hull had some battlescars & a rough spot on back corner of hull at transom. Had a 2000 efi merc , that started & died instantly. Got it tuned up & waterpump etc. stil very reliable. Awork in progress, new seats soon. But serves the purpose, and no payments, nuff said
Posted By: Grant2

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 03:18 AM

[Linked Image]
2005 P4
Posted By: LuvMy203Elite

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 11:42 AM

Great looking boats!

My 98 203 Champ.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JC1965

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 02:12 PM

[Linked Image]

My 1997 Hydra-Sports 205 E with new trailer that was just added
Posted By: laserfish

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 05:25 PM

Wow, I think I win on oldest. My 85 Laser 18.5 with Evinrude 115 still serves me well. I have extended the front deck so it fishes well. Still looks good for 35 years old. Lots of good looking boats out there.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 05:49 PM

2000 Champion 203, 3.1L 225 VMAX. Bought new. Been a great boat. [Linked Image]
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by laserfish
Wow, I think I win on oldest. My 85 Laser 18.5 with Evinrude 115 still serves me well. I have extended the front deck so it fishes well. Still looks good for 35 years old. Lots of good looking boats out there.
[Linked Image]

had a buddy that ran a Laser. Loved that boat.
Kudos to you for keeping it and taking good care of it.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 07:21 PM

[Linked Image]

92 Javelin 389T with Johnson 150 Fast Strike. Has newer carpet,seats redone, fortrex, and basic Garmin electronics. Gets the job done!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 08:54 PM

2010, bought used and now it's paid off. Almost pulled the trigger on a new to me boat, but will wait a bit. Will have to redo some carpet and seats soon. Will most likely add a Humminbird 360, no FFS until the next boat in the next couple of years.
Posted By: Texbird

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 10:01 PM

[Linked Image]

So after being boatless for the past 5 years, I found a boat online in Alabama and drove out there and picked it up about a week before SNOVID 21 hit. It's a pre-owned 2020 Phoenix Pro XP with just over 80 hours on it. I plan on keeping this one
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Texbird
[Linked Image]

So after being boatless for the past 5 years, I found a boat online in Alabama and drove out there and picked it up about a week before SNOVID 21 hit. It's a pre-owned 2020 Phoenix Pro XP with just over 80 hours on it. I plan on keeping this one

oooie, that one is pretty! I could not own something that nice, I would cry first time I scratched it!
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/08/21 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Originally Posted by Texbird
[Linked Image]

oooie, that one is pretty! I could not own something that nice, I would cry first time I scratched it!

Saw one like this this weekend, sharp rig! Congrats on that one!
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/09/21 01:36 AM

2016 ZX250 now, going to a 2021 ZXR20 because upgrading electronics is just insanely expensive and I can have a boat with warranties again.
Posted By: pop r

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/09/21 01:42 AM

89 Champion 184 with 89 Mercucy 175. 32 years old.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/09/21 01:59 AM

95 Skeeter ZX200 with 200 XRI
Posted By: 25R624

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/17/21 11:50 PM

1984 Dyna Trak, 1989 Mariner 100 HP outboard. It has been a great boat for me. Over the years I've replaced carpet, Extended the deck, Re-wired, Re-Plumbed, rebuilt the trailer and more stuff over the years.
I've owned the boat for 30 years.

[Linked Image]

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by 25R624
1984 Dyna Trak, 1989 Mariner 100 HP outboard. It has been a great boat for me. Over the years I've replaced carpet, Extended the deck, Re-wired, Re-Plumbed, rebuilt the trailer and more stuff over the years.
I've owned the boat for 30 years.

[Linked Image]

Really nice boat.
Posted By: bassasassin

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 02:13 AM

2002 Triton TR 21. 225 Yamaha V Max. 20 years fishing lake Fork.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 02:30 AM

[Linked Image]
2009 Champion 2020 Mercury
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 03:14 AM

2000 BassCat Pantera Classic. Upgraded to Ultrex. Put on a Helix 9 SI G4 today so they can talk. Moved the old 997cSI to the bow. Bought it years ago on a recommendation from Tommy Yetts. Still floating! Thanks, Tommy. I agree that upgrades are cheaper than a new boat

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 03:19 AM

2008 Skeeter 21 I. Bought it new and paid it off in about 3 years. Love the boat and no payments so not getting a new one for a while.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 11:40 AM

[Linked Image]

2006- Gambler 2200 - 15 years
peep
Posted By: Big Sumo

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 02:46 PM

1990 201 DC, 1995 Merc XRI 200.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 04:45 PM

2000 Scout 192 Sportfish. Yamaha OX66 150, Motorguide Xi5, Helix 9 on the console, 856hd on the bow.
I bought it in 2003 "new" from a dealer Upgraded the TM and Electronics over the years.
Posted By: Retiredtofish

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 05:44 PM

1992 Champion 191 SC with 200 Merc 2.5L EFI. Upgraded trolling motor (Minn Kota Terrova) and graphs (Lowrance 9" and 7" Hook 2 last year.) One of the prettiest boats I've seen around and love it. Not a screamer, maybe 60-ish but solid and reliable. [Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1806.jpeg
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/18/21 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I'll put a new motor on it one of these days, it only has about 2000 hours on it. [Linked Image]

That's a good looking rig, rj. Did it cost extra for you to get your last name on cowling?
Posted By: kevine80

Re: How old is your boat? - 03/20/21 02:11 AM

[Linked Image]
2006 zx225 its a great boat !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum