Texas Fishing Forum

Console electronics setup.

Posted By: Littledog

Console electronics setup. - 03/04/21 02:45 AM

See alot of guys with two HDS Live 12s mounted side by side on the dash.
Each of the 12s have a resolution of 1280 x 800. They each run about $3000. (2x3K = $6000)

Why would you not want a single HDS Live 16 ?
The 16 has a resolution of 1920 x 1080. They run about $4400.
One 16 draws less power than two 12s.

Im just asking if the folks with two 12s had reasons for getting those vs. a 16.
Posted By: Bass Boat Wired

Re: Console electronics setup. - 03/04/21 03:46 AM

I have had dual 12’s on my previous boat and I now have a single 15 ordered for my personal boat. I did just install a 16” on James Biggs’s boat, which he has ran a single 16” on his last two boat now. I prefer the single larger graph personally. You have almost just as much data with less communication problems that can occur with multiple graphs (simplicity). Let me know if I can help or assist in any way.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Console electronics setup. - 03/04/21 04:37 AM

Thanks TBW.

The boat Im looking at has a 12 flush mounted in the console and a 9 at the bow.
I think i will:
Get a 16 and a mount / plate from BBT. (no transducer with the 16 as its already in place with the 12)
Have them pull the 12 out and mount the 16 on the console.
Mount the 12 at the bow and connect a Live Target to it.
Leave the 9 where its at.

Then cross my fingers that I dont have buyers regret for at least a year when the next great technology probably will come out!!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Console electronics setup. - 03/04/21 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Littledog
Thanks TBW.

The boat Im looking at has a 12 flush mounted in the console and a 9 at the bow.
I think i will:
Get a 16 and a mount / plate from BBT. (no transducer with the 16 as its already in place with the 12)
Have them pull the 12 out and mount the 16 on the console.
Mount the 12 at the bow and connect a Live Target to it.
Leave the 9 where its at.

Then cross my fingers that I dont have buyers regret for at least a year when the next great technology probably will come out!!

Ur spot on correct. I have been doing larger screens at console when running one brand of units. Right now I’m running Lowrance and Bird at console then a single 15 Helix or Solix on front
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum