Texas Fishing Forum

Helix 15

Posted By: J.H.S.

Helix 15 - 03/04/21 12:52 AM

People who have one how do you have it mounted? They make a ram big enough?
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Helix 15 - 03/04/21 02:30 AM

Ram Mount, probably not... Give BoatLogix Universal Mount a look... They're awesome... Dan

https://boatlogix.net/product-category/universal-mount/

Re: Helix 15 - 03/04/21 03:28 AM

Will do. I appreciate the feedback.
Posted By: Bug Pro

Re: Helix 15 - 03/04/21 04:03 AM

I have mine mounted at the console with factory gimbal and using the Procise Dek It mount. Seems to be very stable,
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Helix 15 - 03/06/21 04:49 AM

Do you want it mounted over the steering wheel or off to the side? My 15” Solix is mounted on a Ram off to the side and my 12” Solix is mounted over the steering wheel. The 15” blocked some my gauges and it was too tall for my preference. I made a bracket for my Ram mount and it won’t budge at all even in the roughest water. Without the bracket, the Ram will move with a 15” unit in rough water. I can send photos. It cost me about $7 to make. I also made one for your fishing buddy, Blake’s Ram mount. He used to have his 15” Solix on a Ram off to the side but moved that unit up front and now has his 12” Helix on the Ram mount. Boatlogix mounts are definitely quality mounts but are a little pricey. I already installed a Ram mount when I had a 12” Helix so I just kept it and made my bracket when I got my 15” Solix.
Hope you get it figured out soon because he said he is coming to visit you so you can put him on some of those Ivie monsters.

Re: Helix 15 - 03/07/21 12:39 AM

Lol I told blake to come get him a piece of Ivie. My baseball schedule is about to get less hectic so I’m going to holler at him and see if he wants to come find a full grown one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum