Texas Fishing Forum

Amistad Lodging

Posted By: slayer12

Amistad Lodging - 03/03/21 06:39 PM

Anyone know a good place to stay with boat around Diabolo east I believe? Or anything to stay away from? I havent been so any tips places to eat etc.

Thanks,
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/03/21 09:42 PM

River St. Lodge just past the Ranger Dealership 1/4 mile to the right on River Street. Large Trailers and 2 bed room cabins all have covered parking with full kitchens.
Tommy Shields - 830 -734 - 3248

Eat at Wright's right across Hwy. 90 from River St.. If they survived all the closures. It is about 8 miles back into town to eat. There are a couple of small eating places close to Tommy's. He will give you the scoop.
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/03/21 10:25 PM

Just saying you better have a back up plan on River St. My dealings not so good unless you are a constant, regular customer.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/03/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
River St. Lodge just past the Ranger Dealership 1/4 mile to the right on River Street. Large Trailers and 2 bed room cabins all have covered parking with full kitchens.
Tommy Shields - 830 -734 - 3248

Eat at Wright's right across Hwy. 90 from River St.. If they survived all the closures. It is about 8 miles back into town to eat. There are a couple of small eating places close to Tommy's. He will give you the scoop.

Wright’s is a shell of what it used to be, Cripple Creek is the place to be.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/03/21 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by BASSCATONE
Just saying you better have a back up plan on River St. My dealings not so good unless you are a constant, regular customer.

This 100%^^^^^
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 12:14 AM

Cripple Creek!!!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 01:10 AM

Ramada, Cripple Creek and make sure to Stop in at Amistad Marine to get a fishing report. Jim is a character!
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

This 100%^^^^^

I’ve stayed with Tommy a dozen or so times, havent had a single issue.

Now the trailer on the corner of 454, stayed twice and had things stolen twice by “local” kids
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 01:19 PM

[quote]
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Ramada, Cripple Creek and make sure to Stop in at Amistad Marine to get a fishing report. Jim is a character![/quote]

banana soap coach fish
Depends on which side of the bed he gets up on !!
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 01:27 PM

Yep
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 02:09 PM

same here. Our club has had our reservations canceled by Riverstreet 2 days prior to arrival
Posted By: RDLFish

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 02:42 PM

Not close to diablo east, but a great place to stay around the rough canyon ramp is The Lodge at Sanders Point.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/04/21 03:40 PM

Try Desiree.. be sure to call in on Wed to eat a steak at Lorina's..

http://lakeamistadrentals.com/realEstateListings/view/cabin
Posted By: probable cause

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/06/21 10:17 AM

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/285987...qzsGy6O5af4rT5&guests=1&adults=1

best place i've stayed at...right between diablo east and box canyon ramps
Posted By: CarterW

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/06/21 03:27 PM

Any decent campsites on Amistad? We’ll be down there soon as well, but we’re balling on a budget, so we’re thinking about camping. Any with decent restrooms?
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/07/21 01:31 AM

American campground right across from black brush ramp has cabins. Stayed there for years and never had a problem. Only reason we stopped staying there is sometimes the other fisherman there would keep you up all night partying.
Posted By: slayer12

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/07/21 06:30 PM

Anyone ever tried Ruthies Rentals?
Posted By: RDLFish

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/07/21 08:06 PM

Yeah not a bad place to stay. But if you're staying in that area the best place is the lodge at sanders point
You will not be disappointed.
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Amistad Lodging - 03/08/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by CarterW
Any decent campsites on Amistad? We’ll be down there soon as well, but we’re balling on a budget, so we’re thinking about camping. Any with decent restrooms?

The park has campsites and most have water, but I don't know what is going on with them bc of covid.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum