Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette this past weekend

Posted By: Teeners boat

Fayette this past weekend - 03/01/21 09:44 PM

Wife & I were there camping n fishing. Friday afternoon was GORGEOUS. Very little wind, temp was perfect. Was out for about 2 hrs. Caught 5 or 6 from 2 to 4 lbs, lost a couple of the same. Saturday was nice, a little breezy with a misty drizzle, off & on. We boated around 35-40 bass in the sticks from 3 -10 feet of water all fish were from 2- 4 lbs with a couple of 5's. We both had our line broke twice, but i honestly think they were Gar, because they broke off asas soon as the fish started to run. We were fishing Texas rigged worms 1/8oz with Watermelon Chartreuse being the dominant color, working them very slow. There were other boats in the area & did notice them not doing as well, in fact there were 2 kayakers within 25 yds. of us & they didn't catch a thing. We came in at 11:30 as the lake was white capping. Did not go out Sat. afternoon due to high winds. Sunday morning was almost as good with the same bait. Went out about 9, but the winds got up pretty quick and we came in around 11. Boated about 10 fish & lost 2 decent ones. Water temps were between around 63 to 67. It will be 2 weeks before we head out again. Hope this helps for those going soon.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Fayette this past weekend - 03/01/21 11:30 PM

Good report - thanks! cool
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Fayette this past weekend - 03/02/21 02:14 PM

Its fun when they get in the trees really good...But Fayette is always fun.
Posted By: Mjaye

Re: Fayette this past weekend - 03/05/21 05:12 PM

I was there Sunday, good report I only stayed till 11 as I was on the trolling motor the whole time.
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Fayette this past weekend - 03/05/21 05:14 PM

Thanks guys! Yes Sunday was very windy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum