Texas Fishing Forum

Tales from Basschamps on Fork

Posted By: Champion1

Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 02/28/21 03:11 PM

Fished docks, grass, pockets, main lake, stumps, flipped bushes, bridges. Moving baits, plastic, fast, slow, medium. We never got a bite. Congrats to those that did I bow to your greatness!!! How did you guys do?
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 02/28/21 03:18 PM

We ran to our starting spot and then never started the big motor again. Stayed there all day, didn’t get our first bite until 1030. Had a flurry for about an hour and put 5 keepers in the boat for 6.67. Lost two on a swim jig that would have bumped us up around 9 pounds. Tx rig baby brush hog was the bait of the day for us. Brutal tough conditions for sure.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 02/28/21 03:18 PM

We pitched jigs and T rigs in shallow cover in 2' or so.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 02/28/21 09:23 PM

Stayed home on the couch and did just as well as about 250 other boats.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 02/28/21 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Stayed home on the couch and did just as well as about 250 other boats.

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 12:28 AM

We drove over the 515 bridge about noon and couldn’t believe how foggy it was.
Posted By: used to be

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 12:33 AM

Basschamps tales,.....Firstly, 250 boats did not zero!!!!! My guess, is that many of those 250 boats caught good fish. Here is how our day went. started 6-15 foot deep, then went shallow. caught 8 bass, and 1- 4 pound gaspergoo! here's the bad thing about lake fork, for tournament fishing, we caught 8 bass, and weighed em all. we caught a 7#, 2-5#, 2-4#, 2-3#, and a real little bass. count it up! for this time of year, after a huge cold spell, we caught about 31 pounds on 8 fish. we couldn't weigh any of them, because they were in the slot! Top 5 fish would have weighed 25 pounds or so on any other lake! i've been fishing lake fork all of my life. the slot limit needs to go! under those conditions, even though i didnt catch a whole lotta fish i may have been in the money. that is my tale from lake fork.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by used to be
Basschamps tales,.....Firstly, 250 boats did not zero!!!!! My guess, is that many of those 250 boats caught good fish. Here is how our day went. started 6-15 foot deep, then went shallow. caught 8 bass, and 1- 4 pound gaspergoo! here's the bad thing about lake fork, for tournament fishing, we caught 8 bass, and weighed em all. we caught a 7#, 2-5#, 2-4#, 2-3#, and a real little bass. count it up! for this time of year, after a huge cold spell, we caught about 31 pounds on 8 fish. we couldn't weigh any of them, because they were in the slot! Top 5 fish would have weighed 25 pounds or so on any other lake! i've been fishing lake fork all of my life. the slot limit needs to go! under those conditions, even though i didnt catch a whole lotta fish i may have been in the money. that is my tale from lake fork.

there's a simple solution to this ^^^^
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 01:12 AM

So, you zeroed.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

So, you zeroed.

Exactly what I was gonna say. No legal bass.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

So, you zeroed.

yep ^^^^^ roflmao
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 02:46 AM

250 did zero. A zero means no keepers weighed.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 02:59 AM

Someone lost count above of keepers
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 03:02 AM

I know several teams that dumped a weigher at the ramp. I know we did. Wouldn’t have mattered. I also had a buddy throw back 2 and he would’ve gotten a check. Lol.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 03:03 AM

damn that sucks, sounds y'all won the slot tournament though congrats
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

[Linked Image]

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 03:24 AM

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 05:09 PM

at least you guys were out there..
I got my skeeter and truck smashed 2 days prior to it....

ugh...

so badly wanted to be there...
Mo
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TexasMo

ugh...

Mo

That sucks - sorry to hear of that kind of luck...
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 05:48 PM

ugh...

Mo

I saw one on FB that got rear ended by a kid.

Some of the FB warriors were saying they would have kicked the kids A but the guy who was rear ended was gracious about it. angel
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

ugh...

Mo

I saw one on FB that got rear ended by a kid.

Some of the FB warriors were saying they would have kicked the kids A but the guy who was rear ended was gracious about it. angel

that was me!!!

and yes.. some people are just goofy

Mo
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

roflmao
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:20 PM

We had 7 bites one was a slot fish and we culled one time. Moving baits in very shallow in the warmest water we could find regardless if it was muddy. It was good enough for 4th place. Fished clean and stay after it pretty happy as it was my best finish in Champs to date. Also my wife let me keep the check!! Bonus smile $$

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by OzzieFish
We had 7 bites one was a slot fish and we culled one time. Moving baits in very shallow in the warmest water we could find regardless if it was muddy. It was good enough for 4th place. Fished clean and stay after it pretty happy as it was my best finish in Champs to date. Also my wife let me keep the check!! Bonus smile $$

congrats!!! cheers
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:37 PM

Way to stick to a plan! Good job. Congrats on getting to keep the check.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:37 PM

Congrats to you and Chris Ozz! Heck of a finish on a tough day!

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I like Checks wink Thanks man.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 07:43 PM

[Linked Image]

We had 3 bites all day long. 2 slots and one keeper for about 1.5. Let it go about 2:45 and punted! lol.

The old crew got together for a little brown water and crawfish Saturday night. Man it was a blast.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
[Linked Image]

We had 3 bites all day long. 2 slots and one keeper for about 1.5. Let it go about 2:45 and punted! lol.

The old crew got together for a little brown water and crawfish Saturday night. Man it was a blast.

There some trouble right there for sure!! smile
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 08:38 PM

Congrats to you and Chris Ozz! Heck of a finish on a tough day!

Ozz said "what check?" at dinner ........
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/01/21 11:34 PM

[Linked Image]

DAMN! yall got old roflmao (me too grin)

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 01:33 AM

Tell me about it! roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I like Checks wink Thanks man.

Way to go Richard

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 02:26 AM

[Linked Image]

Damn, that just looks like trouble ......and a good time makes the sh!tty fishing worth it

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 03:39 AM

Congrats to you and Tim too Chris!

We are all a little more tamed than we were back in the day! roflmao
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 03:47 AM

Which one are you sink?

Y’all fishing TTO this weekend?

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Which one are you sink?

Y’all fishing TTO this weekend?

The only one over 6 foot! roflmao
Eric Wright, Zach Hughes, myself, and Jeremy Sims.

Not fishing TTO this weekend bud. Got kiddos this weekend. We might be out fun fishing with them or on the dock. Up to them though!

Good luck to you guys. Should be better and more stable than this last weekend for sure.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 03:54 AM

Isn’t Eric a guide or am I thinking of someone else?

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 11:04 AM

Zach looks like a little like Webber after 6 pack 😁
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 02:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Comraderie is where it's at, anyways....go have a good time. If you're licking wounds at the end of the day, pour brown water over it and make it feel all better. At least that's my motto!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 02:28 PM

Which one are you sink?

The only one over 6 foot! roflmao

He's always the one that looks like his dog just got run over even if he's holding a giant bass..

Sorry bud I couldn't resist. roflmao

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 02:53 PM

Holy WOW!! Little E shaved his beard!!! Didn't even recognize him!!!! WOW!!

Zach looks like he's had a few "sodas" roflmao

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Fork - 03/02/21 03:44 PM

Isn’t Eric a guide or am I thinking of someone else?

Thats him. Eric and Zach are both full time guides out there now.

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Zach looks like a little like Webber after 6 pack 😁

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum