Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette - After the Freeze

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/25/21 03:20 PM

Anyone hit up Fayette since the freezing temps last week? Last post I saw in the report forum was 2.10.21.
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/25/21 07:11 PM

I was wondering the same, been jones-ing to get out. Water temp was 63 before the great freeze, curious where it will be. I'm thinking I will hit Decker tomorrow. Give Fayette 1 more week to warm up plus don't want to drive 2 hours to sit and watch the lightning strikes.
Posted By: DavidnTex

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/25/21 07:38 PM

Went yesterday, water temperature was around 64 degrees around most of the lake. Shallow fish have moved out more in the 15-20 range.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/25/21 08:50 PM

Vogey who catches plenty of bass while targeting Bluegill posted a Fayette post yesterday in the Bluegill section. thumb

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/25/21 10:31 PM

I just read a post from Guide Rick Denton and he "only" caught 20 and said it was a tough day. Super lite bite.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/26/21 01:20 AM

Was there last weekend, water temp got to mid 50s before I left Sunday. Caught around 20 each day, nothing worth bragging on.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/26/21 02:22 AM

I’m gonna take my chances there tomorrow, it usually doesn’t disappoint, but it’s been a while since I’ve been there....
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 02/26/21 10:49 AM

We (wife & I) are going camping & fishing there this weekend also. I will post an update as well. Gonna be hit n miss with the weather conditions, but she is adamant about going. Our last outing there (2 weeks before the big freeze) we did very well. Boated around 50 fish ranging from 3 to 5 lbs. Caught just off the edge of the sticks in 5-8 ft. dead sticking soft plastics. Black w/blue flake seemed to be the dominant color. I am going to be looking for them this weekend to be in 10-12 ft, maybe even 15. We will see....the saga continues.

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 03/01/21 05:02 PM

Fished Fayette on Friday. Caught a ton of small fish under 14 inches. Not many fish over 3 #s. Lots of boats and kayaks out there and couldn't fish all my spots. Seems like there are kayak tournaments out there every weekend now. Water temp started 62-65.

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 03/01/21 05:05 PM

I just heard from one of the TPWD Biologist for Fayette Region. They will be doing creel surveys from March-August. Be sure to thank them for their efforts, but also let them know how you do so they can decide on any next steps. I know the netters are on their minds.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Fayette - After the Freeze - 03/01/21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter John
Fished Fayette on Friday. Caught a ton of small fish under 14 inches. Not many fish over 3 #s. Lots of boats and kayaks out there and couldn't fish all my spots. Seems like there are kayak tournaments out there every weekend now. Water temp started 62-65.

Fayette gets beat by tournaments like it owes them money Jan-March every year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum