Texas Fishing Forum

Bass boat cover question

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 01:17 AM

If you were gonna have a fully fitted, custom made, three color boat cover made, which brand and type of fabric would you choose.

I was told to get StayFast Cambria fabric by one guy. I was told that Sunbrella Marine was pretty good too.

StayFast Cambria is $75 a linear yard.
Sunbrella is $25 a linear yard.

It’s comes out to around $1300 for one version and around $500 for the other. This is materials only, including the correct thread, webbing, new buckles, and a new ratchet.

Labor is the same for either one, trading for my labor on his show car. So that’s the easy part.

What brand of fabric do the manufactures use...aside from Nitro. I already know those covers last about 2 years. Haha. The factory fitted cover is almost shot that came with the Skeeter. It’s 18 years old. Faded a lot. Has two small holes in it and some of the buckles have broken.

I hope to get a cover that’s good for 15 years. This cover will also have the Skeeter logos embroidered into it and have the Skeeter graphics sewn in to match the boat colors.

Anyone have one made lately?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 01:26 AM

That thing will be so pretty you may just wanna leave it on while running up and down the lake. Just cut out peep holes to see to drive...

Re: Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
That thing will be so pretty you may just wanna leave it on while running up and down the lake. Just cut out peep holes to see to drive...

Yeh. It’s one the upholstery guys that works for us. He does some great work, I just think he’s under the impression that I have money to burn.

Turns out the StayFast Cambria is the same fabric that BMW, Mercedes, Bentley, and others use for convertible tops. I think I can rule out the super high dollar stuff. roflmao
Posted By: Bahala

Re: Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 01:36 AM

Bass Cat uses Sunbrella on their top of the line covers. I had one on my old boat and really liked it.

Re: Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bahala
Bass Cat uses Sunbrella on their top of the line covers. I had one on my old boat and really liked it.

Thanks. That is what I wanted to know. I think the original Skeeter cover is Sunbrella too. It’s more than good enough, specially if BCB uses it on their factory covers.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Bass boat cover question - 02/23/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

cheers lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum