Texas Fishing Forum

BASS vs MLF

Posted By: Champion1

BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 03:11 PM

Im sure this has been discussed before. I realize Im a bit of a old school guy but man it sure seems to me that BASS is alot more entertaining than MLF on TV. What do you guys think?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 03:17 PM

MLF pro circuit on Okeechobee was more entertaining than BASS on the Saint John's River. With that being said, I think it all depends on when and where they are fishing.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 04:05 PM

MLF I feel is more for watching it live. Where BASS is better watching edited version. I watch both but really enjoy MLF live. They both catch a lot of fish but you’re only seeing the best 5 in BASS.
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
MLF I feel is more for watching it live. Where BASS is better watching edited version. I watch both but really enjoy MLF live. They both catch a lot of fish but you’re only seeing the best 5 in BASS.

I expect this is pretty accurate for those who love to fish, I mean REALLY love to fish, but don't spend much time watching it on tv. I really enjoy watching the MLF format (sorry, can't see that typed out without giggling because it looks like "milf"). Watching other fishing shows that just show guys out fishing is pretty boring to me unless they're talking about how they're fishing, why they're fishing that way etc. Old school guys like Bill Dance use to have show where they fished small private lakes where you could toss an empty hook and get bit. That was worthless tv to me. Fishing shows that show the guys catching fish, but no explanation of what they're using and how are boring even though they're fishing lake I have access to mainly because I don't learn anything from it other than "Hey there ARE fish in that lake".

With MLF they at least give some insight why they're fishing an area and what they're using.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Liebers Dad

I expect this is pretty accurate for those who love to fish, I mean REALLY love to fish, but don't spend much time watching it on tv. I really enjoy watching the MLF format (sorry, can't see that typed out without giggling because it looks like "milf"). Watching other fishing shows that just show guys out fishing is pretty boring to me unless they're talking about how they're fishing, why they're fishing that way etc. Old school guys like Bill Dance use to have show where they fished small private lakes where you could toss an empty hook and get bit. That was worthless tv to me. Fishing shows that show the guys catching fish, but no explanation of what they're using and how are boring even though they're fishing lake I have access to mainly because I don't learn anything from it other than "Hey there ARE fish in that lake".

With MLF they at least give some insight why they're fishing an area and what they're using.

I feel like you have that backwards. MLF is hook sets and boat swings. Fast action that tries to get as many fish catches on TV as possible so they have more cameras in boats to switch too. Less time to discuss what you’re doing. BASS is slower, less cameras, and so the anglers are seen talking about what they’re doing. And if they don’t, The hosts ask them because they have a camera on them.

Side Note: Moderators please limit this subject to 1 thread per month. It’s exhausting
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 05:23 PM

No I don’t care for edited version of MLF. Like I said I like to watch it live. You lose a lot in edited version of MLF. Where as BASS doesn’t show you every fish so there’s more time for dialogue in the show. Live you get a lot more insight.
Posted By: dbell47

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 06:34 PM

de
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 06:40 PM

Lol, first time this has been discussed.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/21/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Liebers Dad

That's exactly why they came up with the logo they use, it looks like MILF, gets your attention. If you don't believe this, just ask anyone associated with MLF, they will tell you the same thing.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 12:08 AM

I like both of them and don't understand why numskulls on either side think we have to choose.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 12:10 AM

Like in a fight?
Posted By: cbow44

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 01:08 AM

I enjoy both and I watch both.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 01:55 AM

Its only as good as they make it.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by B52
MLF pro circuit on Okeechobee was more entertaining than BASS on the Saint John's River. With that being said, I think it all depends on when and where they are fishing.

Uh huh, BASS had the better Live show last year but this year in the first head to head event MLF wins hands down, much of it depends on the venue on how good a show it is. I think BASS got the new network jitters with Fox too, it will get better, the MLF announcers did a better job last week which has not been usual the last few years.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD

That's exactly why they came up with the logo they use, it looks like MILF, gets your attention. If you don't believe this, just ask anyone associated with MLF, they will tell you the same thing.

You gotta be sh*ttin me
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by dbell47
de

Best no word post I've seen!!

I watch em both when I can and like em both.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 04:22 AM

I much prefer MLF but do watch the BASS shows. Most other fishing shows just suck, like Bass Champs.

One thing I like about MLF is pretty widely varied lakes in a region. Especially enjoyed the upper Mississippi River, Maine, and different Great Lakes bays. A lot more camera work and visual info on MLF.
Posted By: buda13

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 12:20 PM

I can’t say that I have a favorite, enjoy watching both.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:03 PM

I like both formats and will continue to enjoy both
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:10 PM

Very anecdotal, but just talking to my casual fishing friends and some of my bass club friends, it seems like the casual fisherman prefer MLF probably 75-25.... however the bass club/tournament guys are probably 95/5 for BASS... just my experience. I prefer BASS but obviously watch both
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
I can’t say that I have a favorite, enjoy watching both.

cheers
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 03:28 PM

I only turn them on so I can take a good nap. sleep
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
I like both of them and don't understand why numskulls on either side think we have to choose.

It's the old Miller Lite commercials... Taste great... Less filling... Same product, same argument...

And for the record it BASS for me... MLFLW/ BPsT just doesn't do anything for me... Dan cheers
Posted By: joebass2

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/22/21 04:54 PM

I like both but will not watch either when they are offshore 'video game fishing'. About as boring as it gets.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/23/21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by joebass2
I like both but will not watch either when they are offshore 'video game fishing'. About as boring as it gets.

You prefer beating the bank?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS vs MLF - 02/23/21 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by joebass2

Pretty well when I tune out as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum