Texas Fishing Forum

House for rent for tournaments

Posted By: redmojo

House for rent for tournaments - 02/20/21 02:35 AM

Do any of you guys rent your house out for tournaments or other times of the year? If so what do you typically charge and how big is your house? Any horror stories?

Thanks
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 02:36 AM

I've been renting out our large house, Lake Fork Lodge, for almost 30 years. 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms. $995/night. I've got stories from John Elway, to strippers, to guests that have caught state records off our dock. Frat guys were the worst. Should've asked more questions.
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 06:26 AM

I have a rental house on Rayburn. It was purchased to solely be a rental. Have been renting it out for 6 years with almost zero issues. 95% of the renters are fisherman and just great people to deal with. Most of my renters come back year after year. I enjoy meeting all the people and have made some friends and fishing buddies throughout the years.
Posted By: SkeeterHunter

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Skeeter443
I have a rental house on Rayburn. It was purchased to solely be a rental. Have been renting it out for 6 years with almost zero issues. 95% of the renters are fisherman and just great people to deal with. Most of my renters come back year after year. I enjoy meeting all the people and have made some friends and fishing buddies throughout the years.

I bought a place on 147 last spring and my intention is to have a smaller cabin built on the same property when i have the house built. Do you have a hard time keeping it booked?
Posted By: Dognot

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 02:10 PM

I don't rent my place on Ivie but the place next door just sold. It was bought with intentions of being an Air B&B rental. We are on one acre lots so it is not real close but it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 03:16 PM

Looking for a house on Fork or Bob Sandlin for primarily rental income, backup as a vacation home for family, with end result as a retirement home.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/21/21 08:49 PM

Once my daughter and her husband move out to their own place..we will be renting out our guest house as Air BnB for Roberts. I have a large enough lot that I can house multiple boats along guests.
Posted By: basshc

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/22/21 02:11 AM

I’ve been remodeling my guest house on Buchanan for AIr B+B almost done suppose to be very profitable!
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/22/21 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterHunter
Originally Posted by Skeeter443

I bought a place on 147 last spring and my intention is to have a smaller cabin built on the same property when i have the house built. Do you have a hard time keeping it booked?

Skeeter Hunter-The house stays pretty busy especially from March-October. Feel free to reach out to me anytime to discuss.
Posted By: kevinclark93

Re: House for rent for tournaments - 02/22/21 03:10 AM

I have a place in Broaddus just North of the 147 on Rayburn. We rent it word of mouth only. It has been great and as mentioned 95% fisherman. It is a 3bed 2 bath.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum